“Home away from home”

Ruen Buathong Boutique Guest House
Ranked #38 of 405 Patong B&B and Inns
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Cleanliness and service is taken very seriously by the owners making it the most comfortable stay. Conveniently located just off the loud and busy Bangla Rd, just a 5 min walk yet away from the noise and hustle. I would definitely be back here whenever I'm in Phuket.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Tkevinc

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Came to visit with my friend from Australia. Our flight from Melbourne was delayed by one night, and rather than charging us a cancellation charge, the staff were more than happy to waive any fee. On this basis, we decided to stay an extra night anyway and change our flights back to Singapore for a day later.

The Guest House is beautiful, and even with the construction on the hotel next door, the rooms were quiet and kept very cool. The comments regarding the water pressure are true, however I have to say that it was more than acceptable for a quick in and out shower to keep cool.

The service was very family friendly, even though I was only here with a friend for my 21st birthday. Breakfast was on the light side, yet the owners would always bring out more if you requested. Dry Cleaning was so cheap, and they were more than happy to organise a taxi to and from the airport for us, on time and at a reasonable price.

Will definitely stay again if I am to return to Patong, and will recommend to any friends or family who decide to travel to this amazing country.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daniel K
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 December 2011

After reading several reviews about the guesthouse, I decided to book it. We arrived on a late flight but the staff was awake and waiting for us. Our room was crispy clean, linen was clean and decor of the room very nice. This is a family run guesthouse and this family knows how to treat people. They offered us breakfast even though we sometimes woke up late. The mini-bar is reasonably priced, they also provide free wifi. I cant praise the staff here enough- they really go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay. Our taxi driver found the place easily as we had pre-arranged with him and gave him the address. Nueng even referred us to a tailor, offered information on tours, spas etc..and a taxi to the airport.

Thank you all at Ruen for a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Yuggibear
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed there for 4 days in september with a friend. Definitely would recommend it. Rooms are very big and nicely decorated, incredibily clean. Close to the sea and about 10 mins walk from touristic center, but plenty of nice places around where to eat.
People holding the place are very nicely and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mv P
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We only stayed one night here as I just wanted about two days shopping and one night in Phuket to check out the night life. We had a great time and our stay at Ruen Buathong Boutique Guest House was excellent. The place is clean, modern and close to everything. Service is very good and the people who run the place are super friendly and accommodating. Awesome value, could not fault it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steph R
Biella, Italy
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We have spent here 4 nights in august 2011 (at start we had booked just for two). It's a really clean place, nice rooms, with young friendly Thai people holding the place.
It's very near to the center but out of it and not far from the sea. It's simple but nice, if you want something different from the usual hotel and get in touch with friendly Thai people, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul_loves_Travel
Narvik, Norway
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed at Ruen Buathong for the second time from June 20. to July 6. with a few days away going to some other places.

I´m happy to see that the level and quality of service was the same as my last visit. Still I am very pleased with the room quality and location is great.
Ruen Buathong has started to serve breakfast since my last visit, breakfast is standard but I only ate a few times, I´m not really into food in the morning and a glass of orange juice is enough to get me going.

The mood in the guest house is very friendly and I´ll come back next visit to Thailand.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Terje D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Poppa Palace Hotel Phuket
#28 of 285 in Kathu
The Bird Cage
The Bird Cage
#106 of 405 in Patong

Been to Ruen Buathong Boutique Guest House? Share your experiences!