“BEST ROOMS , RECEPTION WELCOME IS PLEASING , LIFT IS UNDER INSTALLATION , ON THE WHOLE GOOD EXPERIENCE”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #130 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Rooms were excellent clean well equipped with amenities
staff is welcoming and tariff is affordable ,centrally located .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Firoz Abdul K

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Rooms are supereb and comfortable in quite area near to all phuket excitement. furniture and fixtures are new. specially Reception staff is very friendly and with smily face and we enjoyed there . my special thanks to the managment for their hospitality............... near to nightlife

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nasir khan k
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed for just one night due to transit. Hotel staff were excellent; very helpful, near fluent English and they go out of their way to help. The staff definitely made they stay from good to excellent.
The room was impeccably clean, very spacious and comes with a little balcony. A problem with the safety box was quickly rectified. The location is just 5 mins to Bangala road and 15 to the beach. There's a family mart and 7eleven close by.
Our stay, though brief, can not be faulted. The building work offers very little disturbance.
Overall, we would recommend this to anyone visiting Patong and it is more than worse the price. The only issue we had was the staff playing youtube video's in the morning at 6am which we could hear in our room on the 3rd floor. However, this had minor implications on our opinions as to our positive experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KreeshScotland
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I've stayed at many excellent resorts in Thailand before but this time, i decided to try something new. i found FunDee and thought i would try it because it seemed in a very convenient location and the pictures looked nice on the internet and it was o much cheaper than i usually pay at the high end resorts I was so impressed by it when i arrived. The rooms themselves were big, clean and smelled fresh and were nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and made my stay all the more enjoyable. all the staff members were very welcoming and friendly and they all spoke good English so it was very easy to communicate. They helped me book tours and their advice was spot on. It was so great to sit at the bar after a long day in the sun with them. There is free WIFI in the rooms as well as free internet computers in the lobby so it was easy to stay connected and access all i needed to. coming into this trip i was a little hesitant becasue i was staying somewhere very unfamiliar to me but i was very pleasantly surprised with the great quality and service that FunDee offered and it truly was a great experience. Well done guys, i will recommend FunDee to all my friends for sure.

Room Tip: Hire a scooter from FunDee. it's the cheapest way to get around.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mona J
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This neat little hotel is what I would call five star!

I am a constant traveller for both business and holidays and have therefore stayed in many different kinds of hotels world wide from the most expensive to basic bed and breakfast.

Fundee I rank as one of the cleanest places I have stayed. I stayed for two weeks and my room was cleaned each and every dayl. As well as this, my fridge topped up with new water bottles which meant I didnt have to purchase them.

All the staff imparticular the owner Elias give this hotel a great vibe with their happy and friendly attitudes and hospitable nature. I enjoyed simply sitting by the bar of a night time and having a drink in the open area.

The hotel offered Free Wifi- something not many hotels in phuket offer. Two computers down stairs and free wifi available in the rooms if you have a laptop (there was also a safe large enough to store my laptop and other valuables).

In terms of location, couldnt get any better for me. Close enough to the shops, beach, restaurants and night life, yet still away from all the noise which meant a good sleep at night! Patong gym was just 2 minutes walking distance and I also did some Muay Thai Boxing around the corner.

Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay so memorable. Cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top level have dvd players and larger tvs
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bennytee
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I didn't stay at this hotel however I met the owner after a small moped accident! I took a tour of the hotel and told myself the next time I come back to phuket I will definitely stay at FunDee.

The Owner is an aussie who ventured into the hotel business as A hobby and prides himself on giving visitors the best experience phuket has to offer at a very low price. They are other hotels in the area that are the same price but definitely lack the attention to detail and staff. For example all hotels will rip you off if you book excursions through them. The staff at fundee gives it to you straight and sets you on your way for a good price and with the extra assurance that your trip will go as planned no BS.

The Hotel is in the final stages of expansion adding more rooms, an elevator, and a restaurant.

If you are looking for value, a pleasant staff, and that warm welcome you'd expect from family stay here I can tell you from interactions with the people who run the place that you will bet more than please.

Its close to Bangla rd literally a 5 min walk to the action about 15 mins to the beach.
Oh yeah make sure that you catch some Pad Thai at the first street vendor to your right on the way to the main strip....ITS THE BEST PAD THAI I had and i tried about 15+ different pad thai while in thailand and I stand firm that this stand has the best. I shouldve told Elias (the owner) to poach that chef for his restaurant. Hopefully he does!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kpierre221
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

I was so happy when I read your review as it made my day. Its people like you who can see & appreciate all the hard work & effort that the staff and myself put into this Hotel to ensure that our guests are always treated like number 1. Its these kinds of reviews like yours and so many others that make us want to do even better as this is our reward. Thank you so much for such a kind review and I hope that I see you here again at FunDee Boutique Hotel. Can I say I'm glad you had that Bike accident as perhaps we would never have met and it was my pleasure to have met you and your lovely woman. Hope her leg is better and hope you 2 enjoyed your stay in Phuket.
Regards
Elias Bitar
Director FunDee Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was in Patong on my own to enjoy the city and I needed a place to sleep. I didn't want to stay in a fancy (5*) hotel because that would have been overkill for my budget. I got a very nice and clean room (daily cleaning, even when you sleep until 3 pm), the downtown area was only 3 minutes away, perfect!
The staff was very friendly and you will see that they take care of their guests. Some guests complain about a missing elevator and it will be built (during the day, I had silent nights). I complained about a missing coffee machine and I'm certain that they will have it during my next stay...
If you don't need a pool at your hotel (the sea is near by) and if you can live without a breakfast (you can get it next door, just 10 seconds of walking) but you need a very good place for sleeping this is the place in Patong. I hope I can return to this nice place, good memories...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo