“Excellent value excellent location excellent staff”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #139 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Liverpool London
“Excellent value excellent location excellent staff”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

If you are after value for money great location good staff and very good size rooms clean with all the amenities of a 5 star well don't go past this place. I stayed in a deluxe room on the 5 floor and I decided to extend for 3 weeks as I got a 5 star room for a 3 star price. I rented a motor bike for under 300 baht. The staff are so helpfully and guided me to some of the beautiful places to visit in Phuket and what a way to see Phuket on their Brand new motor bikes. Thank you Maria and the Manager Aor for their great assistance and thank you all fundee team. I will defiantly come back and recommend all my friends to come here

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andre B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Indonesian first
South Yarra, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Thanks guys, it was awesome.
Huge rooms. Nice aircon and a cozy balcony.

The only thing I disliked was the shower. Please put the shower screen and or the showerbox. It would be more convenient.

I would even pay extra $$ for the swimming pool maybe you guys can build on on the roof.

Thanks and greets to all the staff esp the guy who works there at all times. and to Maria who is apparently the manager or the owner (not sure).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed 10 nights at FunDee. It was completed last year so everything is clean and new. Very close to Jung Ceylon Mall and 5 minute walk to Soi Bangla. They rent out motorbikes which is handy. Great value for money and the staff are friendly and looked after us a treat. The reception staff, JK, Jennifer and Joe are fantastic. And a special thank you to Maria for helping me out with an unrelated problem. Would defintely stay there again. Thanks guys.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamie e
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

when I was traveling in phuket, I am confused where to stay .. Some options, but a bit far .. I prefer the location near from beach, so I choose fundee boutique hotel.

When I open the room, I was immediately amazed, because this is really beyond my expectations. Modern facilities, balcony, clean bathrooms, cable tv, in-room safe, and others.

With a location very close to Jungceylon mall, market, bangla road, patong beach and another interest places is an added value for this place.

The perfect location, affordable price, unlimited wifi, great room facilities, and the service staff were very friendly and nice, everyday they always ask about my day in phuket, nice to meet them :).

I think this is the place that you have to stay when you are in phuket.

Sweet dreams.

regards.

S. Widhiyatmoko /JD
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.travelingcihuy.wordpress.com

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank widhiyatmoko
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Fundee for 3 weeks as it was good value for your dollar. Great location clean rooms and good size rooms and it's a small boutique hotel so I got to know the owner manager and all staff I would come back again here as its great value all round

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank ElGeCuz
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Fantastic hotel, big smart clean rooms, fridge, minibar, really comfy big bed, great aircon, daily cleaning. Superb front desk , really really helpful. Stored my luggage, sorted my laundry, helped out with all the local knowledge I needed, sorted my transfers, taxis and scooter hire. I really can't rate this place highly enough, and all for the same money as the smelly, dirty, damp hotel opposite across the lane…
A 5 - 10 minute easy walk to the main strip, this was great news as it meant all the noise and bustle from the nightlife was out of earshot.
Stay here!

Room Tip: Superior rooms have pocket sprung mattresses ; )
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SteveRBristol
Mumbai
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel between the 30th April to 2nd May . Check in was a pain because the staff got our name mixed up and it took us quite a few minutes of pointing out that we have a confirmation that we were checked in . From the very onset the staff had a very petty attitude of loading charges , example :-
1. They were recommending us to take an "upgrade " to a road facing noisy room ! We realised that whatever we try to do it would be dubbed as an "upgrade "
2. They suddenly told us that as per the hotel policy any child above 4 year old has to have a separate bed which is an extra 500 Tbh per day . Our son is 9 year old and sleeps with us still we were forced to take the extra bed and fork out the extra money. We stayed at 3 much bigger better hotels in Thailand and never did we face this - the uniform policy has been that for kids more than 12 years an extra bed is must .
3. Last but not the least , the incident that happened while checking out left a real bad taste and convinced me that this hotel is petty - they suddenly came out that one small snack packet had been opened which we did not ! The packet was soggy and it was surely opened much earlier and not during our 2 days of stay . It was a matter of 25 baht but all the same reminded of the posts here which warned of hidden charges .

Good location otherwise but there are lot many hotels in the same bracket in the same area . I would never go back to this hotel which lacks integrity .

Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Asterix09
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Guest Relations Manager at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear reviewer I would like start by saying im sorry that you felt that we had hidden charges which prompted you to write this unfair negative review. 1. You were offered an upgrade to our standard room as you booked the standard room no window or balcony and FunDee staff merely asked you if you wanted an optional upgrade to a far superior room for $3 US Dollars a night. We have a special promotion on in low season for persons booking a standard room with no window or balcony to be given an option to upgraded to a superior room with window and balcony for only $3 united states dollars a night and this is your choice if you wanted this option or not and it's no forced upon you. which we feel is better value for money for you.
2. FunDee charges 500 baht for additional bed in your room as you were 3 personS and this is clearly stated on our website and all other affiliated websites. You booked a room for 2 persons and brought along 3 persons being your 9 year old son. Secondly you personally requested an additional bed from us cause your 9 year old son was unable to stay with you and your partner in the same bed.
3. Upon your departure we do a complete check of the mini bar and we found that you had consumed a kitkat chocolate bar and just like any hotel in the world this is a charge against your room. I don't know what shop or hotel would not charge you for consuming their goods and we clearly display the mini bar prices In our rooms.
I'm sorry that you felt this way and if we knew that by providing you with a better room for 3 dollars would offend you we would not have given you this option and if we knew that you did not require the mini bar we would have taken it out of your room and it would have been more appropriate if you had advised us from your online booking that you were 3 persons not 2 as the additional bed charge would have come up whilst your booking the room. We strive in providing all our clients with the best possible service and the FunDee staff were merely trying to assist you and not have any hidden charges as all our charges are displayed on our website for additional bed or different room type.