“Fantastic, Tre Bien, Winderful”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #135 of 322 Hotels in Patong
“Fantastic, Tre Bien, Winderful”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

How do I start. I Stumbelled on this place from trip advisor as it had some great reviews. These good reviews proved to be correct for me. So so well priced as I only paid 35 Dollars for a great superior room. What a beautiful mattress and all clean and spacious room. The location was good and service was great. Thank you Joe For all your help and the rest of the staff. Keep up your beautiful smiles as this is why I loved Fundee.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Lebinchiangmai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
Barossa Valley
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Our room faced the back of the hotel which is a contruction site, their was no sleep in for us. We had to change rooms (no hot water), which again faced the contruction site. We found this hotel to be quite strict, with lots of hotel policys and the staff not very friendly. One positive is a comfy bed. I would stay else where next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Daneo R
, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
I’m sorry to hear that the construction works in the building Behind our Hotel which is on the adjacent street to our hotel inconvenienced you, however this is low season & most hotels undertake renovations during this period in preparation for the high season. Having said this the construction works do not start until 10am at that site and finish at 3pm and the noise is not excessive as its cosmetic work not major construction works. I was there during your stay and I can honestly say that the noise from the building construction next door is not that bad and did not commence prior to 10am and they always finished at 3pm. I don’t know why you did not have Hot water as all our Rooms have Hot Water and have all the facilities required in a Hotel. I have since checked the room you stayed in for the hot water and can assure you that we have ample water and every room is equipment with hot water showers, however you may have forgotten to switch on the hot water system in your bathroom as clearly stated. I’m sorry that you did not bring the hot water issue to our attention as we would have assisted you in switching the hot water on. I would like to inform you that our rules are no stricter than any other professionally operated hotel. Some of the rules we put in place are to ensure the other guests comfort are taken in account by not allowing noisy and rowdy guests. I would like to inform you that we operate a very professional Hotel and we always strive to ensure our guests comfort and time spent at FunDee Boutique Hotel is always an enjoyable experience.
Elias
Owner
FunDee Boutique Hotel
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Met the owners who were Australian Elie your such a nice person and George thanks for all your help. The manager Aor was so nice and gave me 5% discount on my room. The ,at tress was the most comfortable I've had in a 3 star hotel actually the mattress was as good as any 5 star hotel I've stayed at. The linen was so white fresh and clean. I loved my daily display of elephants. The rooms were so big and as for the location well it's close to shopping, night life, beach, markets thai boxing anything you want is at your door step. I hired their new scooter and buzzed all over Phuket. Thank you to all the fundee staff and I will come again with my friends in the high season as this is great value for my money.

Room Tip: Go to big Buddha on the bike what a beautiful place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amisand
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I planned on staying for three days but i just couldn't leave this small paradise in Phuket! The staff is extremely helpfull in every way! Serving great coffee in the morning and the Fundee Sandwich is one of a kind! I also did a scooter trip with a Fundee-moto and that was also great. The beach is at the distance of half a mile and BANGLA-ROAD is in between. The party place to be in Phuket with lovely restaurants, small bars and big disco's! Try Hollywood, it's massive!

The hotel is brand new, couldn't find a cracked spot or a dirty corner. Free internet 24/7 and I won't forget my stay there! Rooms are spacious and cleaned on demand! If you go to Phuket, go to Fundee!

Special thanks to Maria & Jackie; You are angels!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Geert_Heijden
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My friend told me about this Hotel and he recommended it based on its proximity to all the action in patong and the great value for your money. Let me say he was 100% correct and i loved my stay clean rooms, good service, great location and I rented a bike and upgraded to their deluxe room which was almost like a 5 star hotel. Thank you to the Owner George as he was so friendly and the staff were so nice and helpfully and they all spoke English

Room Tip: Rent a motor bike great value for $10 US a day
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 15 June 2012

FunDee was recommended by a friend that stayed there. Perfect walking distance to everything. You still get the lively environment without the bangala road noise. Excellent wifi reception and best of all, it's free. Spacious rooms and pretty clean

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Vicky1122
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I am not sure were to start but what a fantastic hotel. I normally stay at 4 to 5 star hotels mainly for the pool but for once chose this hotel due to location and reviews.
It does not disappoint. We arrived to be greeted very professionally by reception staff. During my stay the room key snapped somehow and was replaced promptly. The cleaners do a fantastic job and free Internet is fantastic.
We had very bad weather during our stay and staff lent us umbrellas. Lovely touch and everything was done with a smile.
I then lost my glasses and needed a police report. Police were unhelpful and Aor the lovely manageress took me to police station to try and help me. This was when she was not even working. This is well beyond the help you can expect.

Maria, Jk and Ao were just faultless in everything they did and you all are a credit to the hospitality industry. I am sorry to read of some negative reviews but these are in very small numbers and you can not please some people.

Aor and team thanks so much for a great stay and I will return with my wider family circle.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family