“Great little boutique” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #132 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great little boutique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a great time here. The hotel is very clean and well cared for. The rooms are very nice considering the low prices. Full breakfast is served each morning. A bit of a hike to the beach, but if you are adventurous you can rent a motorbike for only 250 baht per day. Jungceylon shopping and a large open market are just a short walk. Street is not too loud. Excellent value for the location. Also, the staff is vey helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Street facing with balcony!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tuco919

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was my first trip to anywhere outside of India (with a couple of friends). We were in a country where we started to feel really uncomfortable in.. Language was such a big barrier. Our first stop after we spent a day in Bangkok was Phuket. We booked FunDee based on other reviews, but didn't really know what to expect. The moment we reached the hotel we started to feel the warmth of the staff. Once we had our rest we needed to plan our days. First interaction was with Mike (owner). Within a few minutes he made us feel at ease with the place. Sitting with us for over half an hour trying to help is in any way possible to create our itinerary for Phuket. Then we had our interactions with Natty and Joe Joe. I think I speak for all my friends when I say we miss these guys. In just a few days we felt like we had friends in a foreign country ! They say most staff are friendly coz they have to be and above that they don't really care... Its quite the opposite for these two .. These two CARE ! I wouldn't hesitate going back to FunDee if I ever go back to Phuket .. As far as the hotel is concerned its very well placed with Bangla Road right round the corner.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at Fundee with a mate on our Thailand trip in July, and we definitely made the right choice by staying at Fundee. Its awesome location, great comfortable rooms and facilities made our trip that more enjoyable. Fundee is brilliantly located in the middle of Phuket and is only a hop skip and a jump to Bangla Road which is awesome. The rooms were really good and quiet and the beds were so comfortable. The staff were really good, helpful and awesome to talk to.

I will definitely be back there again, and cannot wait.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dan M
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fun Dee ( Dream Hotel. ) It"s one of the most beautiful places in Phuket. As a Guest in This beautiful hotel i will recommened Fun Dee to everyone and anyone around the world. Fun Dee Is located in the middle of Phuket two minutes walk to most shopping centres, Taxi"s near buy, food restuarants all kinds of entretament . one thing that court my eye was the front of the hotel and when walking in sideFront desk striaght away helps out takes you up to the room , they have a nice set out with a nice room. everything in this hotel is amazing including the stuff and the Director of Fun Dee Elias. thank you for the beautiful experanice .

Room Tip: must get the dulex room. best room inthe hotel.
2 Thank Roni A
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I checked in for 3 nights at deluxe room. Although the hotel is small, the location is great. The room is cozy and spacious like a bedroom that you will have in an Asian home. The floor is not carpeted like many hotels but that's the plus point. I could see that the housekeeper clean the floor everyday. So we didn't wear our shoes in the room throughout our stay. An advice to incoming guests, please bring a pair of indoor room slippers with you in case of cold flooring when the air-conditioned is turned on.

The amenities include kettle with supply of coffee and tea, 2 sets of bath and hand towels (replace daily), 2 bottles of 500ml RO water daily, minibar to store beer and confectionery, safe deposit box, wardrobe with cloth hangers, balcony with table and chairs and ashtray, dressing table with chair and mirror, and bench for luggage. The bathroom has a simple shower (no bath tub), tap, basin and mirror with toiletries. The water pressure is working good. There is hot and cold water supply.

The hotel serves daily breakfast freshly made from the kitchen (not buffet style). We had simple American breakfast for 3 days and they are just nice without going to waste.

The owner and his staff are friendly bunch of people. We didn't encounter any rude behavior as mentioned by some reviews. They greeted with warm smiles whenever we bumped into them.

There are plenty motorbikes for rent if you wish to explore Phuket on your own. Too bad neither my husband nor me has license to ride a bike. But fret not, you can access Bazaan fresh market and Jungceylon within 5-8 mins walk. Although the road is muddy during rainy days, with the ongoing construction, we feel that the hotel is not at fault. And my husband and I found a rather safe and clean path to cross the road without dirtying our shoes.

There are plenty of restaurants around the FunDee. You can have fast food, alfresco dining, etc. if you like seafood, you don't have to go far to the Patong beach road. Buy live or fresh seafood from Bazaan fresh market and bring them to the first floor and have the hawkers cook them for you. They are much cheaper this way. The price is much reasonable compare to the restaurant along Patong beach road. Go there early before 6pm because most stalls will start to clean and close by 6.30 to 7pm. Jungceylon has quite a number of restaurants where you can dine too.

Conclusion is we are glad that we chose to stay in FunDee Boutique Hotel over 4 or 5 stars hotel. We feel like home. It is quiet and comfortable. Plus, with the price that we paid, it is a steal in Phuket.

We have walked into a 4 stars hotel near Jungceylon and we were shocked with the amount of Chinese tourists checking in and staying there. The lobby is stuffy and noisy. The toilets near the reception lobby were dirty and disgusting. Considered us lucky not paying 5000 baht a night. Although the hotel could be 4 stars, but the guests staying there were not. In my honest opinion, this has inevitable tarnish the hotel's image.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank germanshepard78
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed at FunDee for 6 nights and during my stay i had allot of interaction with the staff as they booked all my tours and told me aboput all the activities and places to go in PHUKET. I stayed in the superior Room facing the street and its so peacefull at night I had a great sleep every night, mattress was perfect, freee wifi, LCD TV, Big Safe, Free Water, Soap, Shampoo, Fresh Linen and Towels & my room was freshly cleaned daily. The location was fantastic as its only minutes walk to everything in Patong. The staff helped me daily with what to do and where are the good attractions and activities in Phuket I hired a motor bike from them and was shown how to get to big Buddah Mountain, promthep cape, chalong temples, water falls, surin and Kata Beach What a beautiful sundialland phuket is to see on the bike or ctach a tuk tuk One small draw back they are fixing the main road but this did not affect mwe as it was a small minor issue and i was told it would finish in 2 months and would be a clean road as i will come back in december.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tong P
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Cracking little hotel very near the chaos of Bangala road but far enough away and just off a side road for there to be decent peace and quiet. The hotel is faily new so very clean and well presented. Rooms were very nice and very well presented and wifi was free and working all over the hotel

I was very impressed at how friendly and helpful the staff were. On incident in particular, on our return from a trip to Koh Phi Phi I accidentally left my bag in the taxi and only realised when I got back to the hotel. The concierge, a very friendly and helpful fellow called 'Natty', went out of his way to phone round the taxi companies at the ferry port and eventually managed to find the correct taxi driver and convince him to come back and return my bag. He must have spent a couple of hours at least doing this. There were many valuables in the bag including a laptop and iphone so i am eternally grateful for this. He is a legend.

Highly recommend this place to stay and I will certainly be booking here again when im next in phuket. Very cute little hotel with very friendly staff who feel like your friends by the end of it

T

Room Tip: (note no pool or gym)
1 Thank Thomas_J_Anderson