“Great Place away from the crowd and yet close”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #123 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are in Phuket and want to stay in Patong then this is the place for you. Great rooms, clean, comfortable, spacious, excellent service and the list goes on. Its a 10min walk to the beach but totally worth it since you get to explore the market on your way and its away from all the noise so if you want to just sleep then you can easily do that. Plus just walking distance from all the bars so its not tough to carry yourself back to the hotel. Its cheap and you can save a lot of money but if you want beach view then you have to shell out money otherwise this is just an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: dont by picky just go there and dump ur bags since you would hardly be at the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 November 2013

If you are an experienced traveler to Phuket, I recommend you stay at FunDee. It is a great place to stay: clean, safe, and quiet. You do not need to stay at an expensive hotel next to the water, save your money!

Also, the GM [Michael] of the hotel will go out of his for you. Really. He lent me personal motor bike to do a short errand. Talk with me about many things to help make my stay inexpensive, safe, fun, and convenient. Michael was interested only in my convenience and comfortable stay. Michael is about service and convenience. His top priority is about serving the customer, no matter what. He is front and center to help his customers.

FunDee is close to money exchange, food, pharmacy, motorbike, hospital, beer, Bangla, etc.

Michael and his staff speak english.

You will get a clean room that is super cold with A/C that works. I like it cold in my room!

Book your room through the FunDee website, not thru some agency site. You'll waste money. Call or email Michael directly and he will reply to you instantaneously.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rrrharley
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have just spent 6 nights at this hotel and cannot find fault with it. We knew we were going budget based on the price so expected to forego certain things you get with a more expensive hotels. The reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the whole place has a very relaxed feeling. The location is perfect, far enough away from Bangla Road where all the nightlife is but close enough to walk ie 5 mins. Not much further to hit Patong Beach either although not our beach of choice as it is overcrowded and dirty.
The room is cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. You are supplied with soap and shower gel too as well as two bottles of mineral water daily. We didn't stay in a deluxe room so be prepared to bring a hair dryer if you need one as this was not supplied in the standard room and we could not rent one from reception. Also bring a beach towel or you can buy one down at the beach or from reception but to be honest they are cheaper to buy outside of the hotel.
Tuk Tuk's and Taxi's are managed from the end of the road so it is easy to pick one up. We were advised by reception to go to Paradise Beach and it was good advice. Much much nicer than Patong Beach and worth the 350 Baht each way in a tuk tuk. Be prepared to negotiate and barter as they will say 500 at first.
You can also book trips via reception. They have a large selection of leaflets on the wall and I can recommend Phi Phi island as a must do. We also went to James Bond Island which was great speak to the Australian guy that works in the hotel as he has a lot of knowledge and advice on these trips.
I guess my one only gripe was that as a couple we had booked a double room which in fact was 2 singles pushed together. Not a massive issue although the beds did move a bit but I wouldn't expect a hotel of this size to keep specific rooms for double occupancy rather than twin so as I say it wasn't a massive issue to us at all.
We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and in Patong in general. It depends on what you are looking for, there is a whole host of bars and clubs up the road or you can go to the quieter establishments as we did. There is a restaurant across the road that serves nice food and although they have live acts they close at 12 so noise was never a problem. I would definitely recommend Fundee if you are on a budget as it more than serves a purpose and the great staff really do make all the difference.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cattarzipan
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Really enjoyed my stay. I have stayed for 5 nights and the staff were very helpful, the rooms very tidy and clean, very chearful, i would recomend this boutique hotel to any person wish to stay in Patong Phuket, very close to all the amenities with great breakfast, thsi palce is very afforadble, i would have paid much more if stayed in teh same area. Keep the good work guys.

Room Tip: Best service, clean and tidy, recomended
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ghassan F
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great hotel in great location in Patong & I found FUNDEE BOUTIQUE HOTEL by
chance on tripadvisor and was very happy I did. The Rooms are perfect and clean and large and offer all the amenities you need. The bathroom is very clean, the rooms are very well ventilated, the manager was nice and helpful and
friendliest GM I've ever met. The staff are great in every way and so polite and helpful. I stayed 10 days here and not 1 time did I did not have any issue with anything as this place is run so smoothly by the Australian Management Team. The Air conditioning in my room is new running perfect, the TV
running perfect doors windows all running perfect. I love you FUNDEE . Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Hire an motor bike and had fun
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gus F
Reviewed 30 October 2013

What a Gem of a hotel in Patong & I found FUNDEE BOUTIQUE HOTEL by
accident on tripadvisor and I’m so glad I did. The Rooms are spacious,
large and offer all the amenities you need. The bathroom is very clean,
the rooms are very clean, the GM is the nicest guy you will meet and
friendliest GM I've ever met. The staff are great in every way and so
polite and helpful. I stayed 10 days here and not 1 timedid I have an
issue with anything as this place is run so smoothly by the Australian
Management Team.. Air condition in my room is new running perfect, TV
running perfect doors windows all running perfect. I love you FUNDEE which
means sweet dreams in Thai, I love the staff, I love the location, I love
your rooms, and most of all I love your price, which is ridiculously low
for what was offered to me. I will come again and again and will recommend
all my friends to come here. Hire a scooter from them as you will see
Phuket allot better than Tuk Tuk and much cheaper alternative to transport

Room Tip: Get a Delux Room for a few dollars
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jema F
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We wanted a hotel near to Bangla road which is the most happening place in Phuket, this was suggested by the Hotels.com reservation guy. The hotel, staff, location is very good. There is a very good Indian restaurant in the street behind and there is a very good Thai just opposite to the hotel. Next to the hotel there is a massage centre (Not the boom boom one). The room, Bathroom were neat, spacious, modern and well maintained. The location is awesome in walking distance there is Bangla road, Joyceylon shopping centre and the other local shops, yet the place is quite and away from the noise which is good after a hectic day. The staff are very good and have a pleasant smile every time. They are very helpful and make you very comfortable to talk to and you will feel as your good old friend. The rooms have LCD TV, AC, water heater, 2 bottles of water every day in the fridge, a locker safe. You can take a bike for rental for a day which costs 250 bhats. They have all the tour packages and since the staff are local guys they answer honestly what ever you ask them. Overall this is nice and perfect place to stay in Phuket, surely will stay here again when I visit phuket.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends