“Just Awful”
Review of 7Q Hotel

7Q Hotel
Ranked #329 of 420 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2013

In the room next to the cleaners room. Walls paper thin. Room has balcony with a small table and broken chairs, view is a brick wall. Rooftop pool, nice view, thats where it ends. Small bar all that is in fridge is some rotting pineapple, no bar attendant anyway. Try restaurant, only opens for breakfast. Hard bed, flat pillows. Not value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed here at the end of the year, the rooms were clean and well kept. The location was close to the beach and far enough from the centre of town, to have a good sleep. I asked for an extra pillow and was told there would be a charge.
The service was nonexistent, if I needed anything at the pool I would have to bring it with me, as there was nobody there. The breakfast service was equally as bad, it was a case of what's there is there. One staff member (I think it was the owners son) would be eating ALL the time and would only stop to take my voucher. The tables would not be cleared.
In all, I would stay again if I was to find myself in Russian filled Patong!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My family stayed for two weeks and found the hotel great value for money. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful.
The pool was fantastic and hotel close to beach and shops.
A great solution if you are on a budget and want a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel warmer in the afternoon because of where the sun sets.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TimSitsongpeenong
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights with my family july 11. Really cool with a pool and restaurang at the roof, but most of the hotel was just a jerry-building. We wasn't that impressed that we thought we would be. The view wasn't anything at all and the staff didn't excelled anything all either. But it wasn't any problem to sleep or eat breakfast there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2012

7q was a great experience with great comfort.Cosy rooms,open air restaurants & swimming pool with a beach view.Helpful hotel staff.Located in near the hot spots.Compact hotel.Great view of nearby hills & beach from the hotel room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank soumyakanjilal
Reviewed 6 September 2012

we dropped there for three nights, we booked this hotel by coincidence, cause we were 8 person and not all of them have high budgets. It was also our first time in 7Q, my husband doesn't like the room cause there's a freaky smell, you know, like wet-old-mouldy, and simple white wall, not suggest for honeymoon actually. (lucky it was not our honeymoon.)

but the swimming pool which on the roof was really impressive us, not only because of it's unlimited view to the sea, also because of it's water. we can say, it's the cleanest water compare all the rests hotels we were left (even triple expensive one), i don't know how to describe but, the rests smell disinfectant, and body feels little sticky, water in this swimming poor is purely clean.

about the location, it located just near the beach, restaurant no.9 is a recommended one. and few steps to the rest restaurants on the beachside,but long walk to carrefour. you better rent a bicycle.

overall, it's a economic hotel, suitable for people who is not too mind of the room decoration.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel itself was not bad, although the rooms were a bit old. The safe did not work, so I left some money in the room, and when I packed I realized $280 USD were missing!! I went to talk to the guy at the lobby, and he said he would "ask the maids". The next day, of course his answer was: "we asked them and they all said they did not take it". Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends