“Never stay in that place! I´ve been stolen in my room”

Phuket Erawan Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patong
Phuket Erawan Guesthouse
Ranked #173 of 221 Speciality Lodging in Patong
Curitiba, PR
“Never stay in that place! I´ve been stolen in my room”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

That´s a horrible place to stay. First they are dirty. I went to a day trip and when I got back for my surprise all my money had gone ( I didnt take all my money with me because I was doing a boat trip). The owner pretended not to understand me like: "I can not understand what you saying". He was so sarcastic. I went to police station to make a report but nothing worked. Thats a cheap place but you can lose all your money. Very very sad

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adrienne S

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have stayed here 3 times approx 20 nights at a time, and you get the basics, there is aircon that works, you have to go native on the bedding, but its changed everyday, and the room is cleaned, you also have a roof fan, fridge, seperate toilet/shower, hot or cold, fantastic staff, always helpful, far enough away from the busy areas to make a difference, short walk from the beach, and once reg user the locals make sure you want for nothing. With kens resturant across rd, Ma will cook anything you like, its budget guys, good value. and can barter room price if in good faith, oh and there is colour cable tv in rooms.

Room Tip: try and get a room not overlooking the mosque, the call to prayer at 6am cant be ignored
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
LA
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Location is very good. Two blocks to the beach! The beach isn`t very nice though. Packed with thousands of people. I guess you have to like it busy.
Our room was ok with old furniture but ok for 1-3 days. I would recomment an air-con room. We had a good working fridge as well as hot shower.
Everything looks kind of clean (for thai standards)
40 baht per KG Laundry service
Friendly staff
Free internet in the lobby as well as free coffee and tea

And the most important thing !!! NO BED BUGS !!!! (at least in our room)

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very good. i am not sure about the other rooms. I would recomment a room facing the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

On the way to Patong our taxi company refused to take us to our booked hotel. They stopped on the way and refused to take us further saying our hotel was not open. They forced us to pay another 1100 baht to stay at the Erawan. When we objected we were threatened with violence.
Upon arrival at the Erawan, the staff seemed unconcerned that we were threatened and forced to pay for a room there. We demanded our money back but they denied knowing how much the taxi payed for the room as it was a prearranged price with the owner. The refused to give us any money back. The place looked disgustingly dirty and over priced. The place could use quite a bit of repair work besides just a good mopping.
Since the hotel was obviously involved in a tourist shakedown scam, we decided that even though we were forced to pay for the room, we walked to the hotel we had booked which the taxi and Erawan said was not talking guests.

• Stayed February 2012

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Peachland
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This place is close to all the restaurants, night life and only 2 blocks from the beach. You get free wi-fi in room which is handy. AC works well and quiet - fan above bed was good.
Our room was clean which is my first 'must have'. Having said that:
1. No blankets on bed - you are given a big towel
2. Security can't be that good as very loud in hotel late at night from guests - no one around to quiet them down.
3. Very run down - furniture poor & a coat of paint badly needed.
4. Bed is SO hard - you better like a hard mattress!

All around it was doable but just. For a 7 day stay we should have gone elsewhere but I would say a 1 to 2 day stay here you would be okay.

Room Tip: no elevator so if you don't like carrying up luggage ask for a room on 2nd floor. No refunds so...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Definitely one of the best guesthouses for that price. Rooms were cleaned everyday and towels were also renewed. Friendly staff and the laundry service next to the hotel were amazing. Situated to some great food restaurants. And in walking distance to the beach.

Room Tip: One nightstands are allowed in your room!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple