Ashlee Hub Hotel Patong
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsthe hard rock caferooftop poolotop marketbangla roadair concheap drinksroom servicegood sizehigher flooregg stationlight sleeperstayed for nightsacross the roadcentral locationwould stay againnice roomnoisy at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Checked in very late due to flight delay, informed the hotel numerous times via e-mail that our teenage daughter was sharing our room, on arrival there was no bed for her just one king size bed. ... not a good start having a grouchy teenager who just wanted to sleep. Front desk was rang twice then bed set up promptly. Rooms have been renovated so are decorated nicely, bathroom clean, balcony good size with a drying rack.. ideal for wet towels bottles of complimentary water replenished daily & rooms cleaned daily. The Hard Rock cafe didnt bother us at all as I had requested via e-mail (they got that one) that we have a room on a higher floor. I like background music & if you close the door you cant hear anything. Pool area has great views & at night the upstairs bar area is terrific to sit & enjoy a cocktail. Breakfast Buffet was good apart from them running out of eggs twice........ most people accepted that I requested they get some more as I need the protein, the manager obtained some from somewhere else 10mins later.... so if you dont ask nicely you dont get
All the staff were really nice & polite, Thai people are a really gentle bunch & always offer a smile.
Overall the hotel was comfortable,clean & in a good location far enough away from the bustle but near enough to everything.

Room Tip: If you dont like music ask for a room on the 6th floor up.. then pray there are no power failures
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DivaGoldCoast
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We chosen this hotel as the location is easy access to walk around to most of the attraction in Patong.Upon arrival, wasn't so impress as the hotel lobby is stink and the bad smell last for 2 days and no action taken. the Room is ok , modern, warm colour but i really love the balcony as is good for smoker like me.

The steam room and swimming pool at the open air roof top is standard but clean and new.no towel provided during the time we were using the facilities, besides,I had my welcome drink at the same time , the Mai tai is just sweet and could hardly taste the alcohol.
Breakfast selections is limited and food is ok and I had a lunch via room service on the final day. food arrived on time based on the time frame given and food is warm and right temperature . Phad Thai i had is a little bit too sweet for me and the green.
curry chicken is too spicy and seems like having spicy chilli chicken rather than green curry chicken. An overall satisfied , if u looking for something basic and average price with the location then this hotel might be suitable for you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Hotel reception were very helpfull, rooms are comfortable with good bathroom and air con, rooms are cleaned every day, we had a bit of noise as there is a Rock Cafe at the other side of the street but the mu8sic from there stops by around 11pm so it was not a problem. The hotel restaraunts are good value and there is a happy hour for drinks and cocktails every night and the cocktails are only 99 Baht. There are lots of small bars just outside the hotel so we had plenty of choice.

The hotel has a security man at the door 24 hrs a day so we always felt safe.

We would definately use this hotel again as we found it good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparksDurham
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Hotel was definitely much different than The one I went to in Bangkok (Amari Atrium). Well first, they didn't have my reservation. So I had to Forward them my e mail from Travelocity. Then, the staff (initially) were pretty...bad. Hospitality was blah. You didn't feel welcomed at all. Put it that way. Room was flashy but bed was hard, and bathroom tile was stained with a not so good shower nozzle that leaked water. Room service was spot on, but food was average. Now, at night, it gets ridiculously noisy. Hard rock cafe is right there...and there's 40-60 bars in four different directions just a walk away, but my goodness, best nightlife ever. You walk outside and everything is happening right there. Bangla rd is a 15 minute walk towards the shopping center, met awesome Aussies, Thai, and English people and overall, I missed being in Phuket. That's as far as what's around. Nonetheless, hotel remained the hotel. Can't beat 40 USD dollars a night...but must I say that the day I checked out is the day I formed bonds with the reception. Awesome girls they are! So it compensates for the lack of non-care in the beginning and the tile in the bathroom. If you're looking for a cheap place, in the middle of sheer nightlife and fun madness to stay, here's your place. But if it's monsoon season (when I went), don't expect to go up to the rooftop bar. Was closed the entire duration of my stay, unfortunately. The balcony is great and couch is also....they also provide you with an umbrella. So, there you have it. Check out was easy and the staff (whom I still connect to today) were friendly and awesome in the end.

Room Tip: I'd say you personally e mail them and say you want your room on the 8th floor. The lower the floor, the louder it is. The 8th floor maybe saves you a bit, but you're still in for some noise regardless.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Lousy hotel in the midst of fleece market, terrible staff, leaking bathroom tub, awful stench... stay away from the hotel, on the website you will be fooled by the picture of the hotel.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family