“Best sticky rice ever”
Review of Mango

Mango
Ranked #383 of 563 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Thai
Description: The restaurant is right off the main road - I ate here twice this trip. It is a new place with a beautiful modern-looking orange and green interior. Please let me know when you list it so that I can write a review! Thanks!
Perth
“Best sticky rice ever”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Nice little resturant, very cheap, food was delicious, we had a table for four.
meals where Thai Green Curry, Pad Thai, Rice, and Stick rice. All Meals were very nice, not huge servings, but enough to satisfied the hunger. All very reasonably priced.
Several beers and extremely cold water. We were approached by sellers, which didnt worry us, it actually was entertaining, but if you arne't into shopping while eating the waitress will send them on their way. Very relaxed resturant, their actually was a table of 3 girls, tourist, all asleep in their chairs. All and all a friendly, nice, cheap, little find,
on same street as Juncellyon, on the opposite side, in a little alley way, before you reach Hard Rock , turn right when u reach the green umbrella's.

• Visited October 2011

Australia
“Fate found us this little impressive restaurant”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Came across this restaurant one night after getting caught in the rain and was really glad we did. Only a little small place and nothing flash but the food was impressive. This restaurant had hands down the best chicken & cashews i have tried in Patong as of yet. I also ordered green chicken curry and mussamum chicken curry which were pretty good...a little runny for me but still flavoursome. My friend ordered garlic/pepper chicken and was really flavoursome as well. I found their herbs were alot fresher than some restaurants therefore really lifted their food to another level. Really cheap as well so would most definatly go back again. Good staff and service

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Rugbybee222
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai food in Patong”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

During my 10 day visit to Phuket I dined at the restaurant almost every day. The place was clean, friendly and every dish was excellent! I ate a different meal every time and was fully satisfied with the portions and the flavors of what I was eating. Finishing your meal off with the Sticky Rice and Mango is the way to go. In the menu you will find a statement that the owner eats it daily to keep her figure ;o)
I give Mango 10/10 as my favorite place to eat and will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2011
London
“Lovely Food, lovely color scheme”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Lovely food, knowledgable staff and REALLY lovely color scheme. To find this delightful eatery you have to take a turn off the Rat-U-Thit. I think the owner should put a map on here to help out. The menu is varied, Thai (of course) and Issan which is up north, and for a homey change there is a really tasty hamburger with fries. It's all so fresh and clean, check this out for yourself, as you can actually enter the place through the kitchen as well as the front. A 'must go' when you are next in Patong.

• Visited March 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic new restaurant”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I walked by this place and decided to check it out as it had a more modern look and feel to it. The look may be modern, but the service and the food were classic Thai. Fantastic and friendly staff, prompt and always laughing and smiling (makes the eating experience that much more fun). In fact, when my Panang curry came out, the owner was so concerned that it was made too spicy for me that she offered to recook it before I tasted it! Turned out she was wrong, as it was the best curry I have had in a very long time. The next time in the restaurant I had the Tom Kha Gai which was excellent as well. It definitely beats the non-descript places along Rat-U-Thit in terms of character, personal attention and food quality.

Five stars for Mango!