“Fantastic”

Ranked #42 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights (15th - 18th Nov) and thought the place was great.

Rooms were spotless, a decent size and with good sized balconies. It all seemed brand new.

Pool area is small but nice.

Everyone seemed friendly especially the owner who was more than happy to book us restaurants; organise transport; let us know where the parties are etc.

Don't be put off by the hill to get up there; it's worth the small hike!

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
BaanAndamanSea, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Andaman Sea Surf, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Michael, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your kind review. We hope to welcome you once again. Decha & Andrea

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wijk aan Zee, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here a month after a year surftrip. We have some friends living around here and we used Thailand as the jump point back to Holland. So we decided to stay here and it was so nice.
Clean and nice rooms with a big bed. You have your own fridge so you can just buy stuff and eat drink it there. the room has a little sink and a kettle.
You can sit on the little balcony just to chill. If your not chilling by the pool.
Free superfast internet everywhere in the hotel. Good cable tv with plenty of things to watch too. So that it rained a few days was no problem.
Didn't have to worrie about renting a motorbike because the owners Decha and Andrea also rent them out. The owners go out of their way to make you feel at home.

So this place is the only place i'm going to stay when i come back to Patong.

Room Tip: Second floor has the easiest acces to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Femke for you kind review. It was great having you over and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Decha & Andrea
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed here for a week and had surf lessons as part of a package that is offered by the hotel

The hotel is a lovely, modern and clean building up in the hills above Patong, away from all the noise and craziness. Although its in the hills, its only a couple of minutes by motorbike taxi or tuk tuk to Bangla Road and the surrounding tourist centre. Day, the owner, does his utmost to see that you enjoy your stay and will drive you to the beach or to centre of Patong every morning and pick you up in the afternoon.

There is a cheap and decent restaurant about 100m up the hill from the hotel.

The surf school was great. I am over 40, clumsy and have the worst balance but the instructor was enthusiastic and kept it fun for me even though Ill not exactly be the next Kelly Slater. I learnt enough that next year I can go surfing with some friends in the UK and put in some serious practice.

I'm not sure I would go back to Patong, but if I did I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barry3110
BaanAndamanSea, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Andaman Sea Surf, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you Barry for your kind review. Good to hear you had a good time with us. Keep surfing and we hope to see you here again. Decha & Andrea.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I worked in Bangkok for a year and would visit Phuket regularly. Within that time I stayed here 4 times. The one time I did not stay there I regretted it. Great service from the Owner, Day, and his wife. The hotel is like new with Surfboards and surf art as decoration. The hotel is relaxing and free of the craziness and hype of Patong, but only a 2 minute scooter ride away from the center if you do want to have a night out.

Definitely stay here when you visit Phuket!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
BaanAndamanSea, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Andaman Sea Surf, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you Jarod for your kind review. We are very pleased that you continue to enjoy your stay's with us. Hope to see you again soon. Day & Andrea
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for 4 nights in may and wanted to stay longer. The hotel itself is very modern, clean and beautiful. Initially when we arrived we thought we were too far away from the shops, beach, and restaurants as the hotel is located up a hill however it takes approx 20 minutes to walk to the centre of patong. The owner of the hotel is very friendly an helpful an will take you to and from his private section of the beach. The views from the balcony of the centre blew us away. The pool/jacuzzi area is small but beautiful and very clean. There are not any bar/restaurant facilities at this hotel however at the very top of the hill is a restaurant called no. 6 which is a must try!! Overall I can't wait to go back to this hotel next year.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jess R
BaanAndamanSea, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Andaman Sea Surf, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Jess, thank you for your kind review and good to see you had a good time with us. We hope to see you again soon. Decha & Andrea
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Baan Andaman Sea Surf is one of the best places to stay in Patong. The hotel is situated up a little hill with an amazing view overlooking Patong. It is the perfect distance from the hotel to the beach and to Patongs famous Bangla road. The staff here are so friendly and make you feel so welcomed. The hotel itself is beautiful with amazing décor. The rooms are very spacious and it has everything you need from the kettle to the flat screen TV, the balcony is also a decent size. My favorite part about this hotel is the pool. It is in the perfect position and it is so easy to relax. This is my favorite spot in Patong and would recommend that everyone should stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jayd C
BaanAndamanSea, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Andaman Sea Surf, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you Jayd for your kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Decha & Andrea
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was on work to Bangkok and was looking to get away. Local friends recommended Phuket and I jumped on the flight down the next day. Had no idea where I was staying until my pickup dropped me off at Day's hotel. Let me tell you, it was way better than what I expected. The small hotel is quite new and VERY clean. It only had 12 rooms so it was quite cozy. Day went out of his way to make me and other guests feel welcomed. What I loved even more was the swimming pool where I can come back to relax in after motorcycle riding around the island all day. And big balconies outside the rooms provided a great place to read during the afternoons. Look forward to going back soon again to visit!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PHsurf
BaanAndamanSea, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Andaman Sea Surf, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you Paul for the kind review. We are glad you had a good time staying with us. Hope to see you soon again. Decha & Andrea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Aspery Hotel
#4 of 221 in Patong
Swiss Villas Panoramic
Swiss Villas Panoramic
#31 of 221 in Patong

Been to Baan Andaman Sea Surf? Share your experiences!