“Very bad place”
Review of Tai Pan Disco

Tai Pan Disco
Ranked #20 of 66 Nightlife in Patong
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Last night my wife and her friend got punched in the face many times by workers because we didn't want the drink order right after we ordered it we changed our mind and was going to just go to. They asked us to pay and we said fine we will pay at the door but the workers dressed as security no speak English. I'm a very large ex military trained man and I didn't want to go to jail in a Thailand so I let more than a few guys strike me many times. As I made my way to the door . This is by fare my worst trip to a club do to lack of training by the security guys. Security is to make us as customers feel safe so we stay and buy more drinks not beat to beat us so we will never come back . Just because we didn't like the song they where playing at that time . We would have came back later and we even wanted to pay for the drinks we never got. Lots of other bars. So please if you don't want your friends and wife punched in the face never go here.

7  Thank BillyWoolley

Reviewed 23 September 2013

It s the best compromise in Patong and Free entrance.
For every drink you order you have one free shooter....so if you like chang beer, giving the ticket they gave you to the entrance (actually you can get many...shhh), you can order a tequila or a b52 and you will spend in total 140 baht....
Every night there is a great show with pretty dancers and the music mix is the best of Patong...Security does well its work and the service is perfect...the staff itself is very kind.
Here in Tai Pan there are many girls -young and old- and few guys, difficult to find dorks.....enjoy the night!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Beautiful Women and good beats... other than that I didn't care for this bar as they would not let me film the girls and the club as I walked around the place. The atmosphere was good and the vibe was nice but, not the same feel as Tiger Bar. Maybe when I go back in 6 months I'll give this one another try. I did like the main pole dancer on the street side view good bait to lure in the Farang as it did me.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Ok, here's the lowdown on this place.

It's not that it's the best place in phuket, it is the ONLY place in phuket, that make this club stand out.

It is in the main prime location of Bangla Road, with the loudest sound system/music blaring out - so it naturally is a conveerging point for people to meet, and as is free to get in, is always packed.

WHen you are inside, do NOT sit at a table unless you are paying for a drink - (you will be asked to move on by staff).

Generally, there are only 2 things you can do at this club:

-Dance/stand around
-Buy drinks/beers for the privileged to sit down (which affords you some status in the same way as if you were a pimp sitting at a reserved table in a lap-dancing club).

So naturally, girls there will want you to buy drinks and sit at the tables (nicely located around the stage so you can watch the action). Once you finished your drink, if you don't want to buy more, you will be ceremoniously hustled away from the table for the next person who wants to buy drink.

Generally a friendly club, decent respectful management, everyone there seems fun and friendly with a normal mix of everyday normal girls, and some 'working girls',

But it doesn't feel sleazy, it's more metropolitan and standardized than a typical backstreet dive bar club. It feels 'Main Event-like', and that will be attractive for normal couples who will feel safe just like a normal night club

It has the feeling of a fun, mainstream 'Foam Party' - mainstream and cheesy like British TV show ';The Hitman and Her' - with paid dancers on stage, throwing out freebies and teddy bears.

Music wise, sound system is excellent, and, (coming from hip clubbing scene in London) is comparably respectable commercial dance/house music they play (which gives it mass market appeal), however, don't feel left out - young or old, this club has no pretensions, so clothing dresscode is relaxed, they don't care as long as you are fairly decently dressed (basically jeans and t-shirt) and have $$$. But even if you don't have $$$, you are welcome to just come in (no cover charge) and hang about, standing around and people watch.

You can even buy your 1 cheap Cola drink, and stand around like a wall flower holding the glass, making your drink last one night, however, no girl will come and talk to you. And if you end up dancing/chatting with a girl, and as time passes, if you do not buy her drink to sit at table, she will most likely move on - it's just the way it is in Thailand.

But all are welcome to come in, shake their booty and have a good time.

Enjoy !

2  Thank Wandererer1
Reviewed 29 April 2013

from the six nights Patong stayed there for 2 nights, very nice place, they have very good dancers, doing a very good evening. very strict about security, beautiful dancers. In my opinion one of the best in Patong.
also Throw money and gifts :)

1  Thank ihab a