“Nothing "CHIC" about this hotel!”
Review of Chicboutique Hotel

Chicboutique Hotel
Ranked #267 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Nothing "CHIC" about this hotel!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed there one night, and one night was way too many.

When we arrived I checked in and greeted by a very rude receptionist, (might be Thai). He looked as if he had fallen from a motor bike with band aids all over, Super sketchy looking.
I gave him my confirmation and he looked at me like I was crazy. He then told me I had to leave a 1,000 Baht deposit for the room key. That was the only hotel in my entire trip to ask for this. Finally after 10 min. of waiting, he took us to our room, He said it was at the top floor, and at first I thought, well at least we will have a good view, then I quickly realized there was no elevator and had to carry my heavy bags up 7 flights of stairs.
When we went into the room it smelled horrible like Clorox bleach or something toxic! but I opened the window and just hoped the smell would go away, then I tried to connect to the WIFI only to realized that it didn't work, I tried to call reception and realized there was no phone in the room. I had to walk all the way back down the stairs to reception and the (Asian guy) was so rude saying I didn't know what I was doing.
After that I went to sleep, back my things in the morning and got the hell out of there.

I would never recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
los angeles
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I should have known not to book a hotel calling itself the Chicboutique but I fell for it. The lobby decor is a hodge podge of vintage flea market mixed with kitschy objects. Our room was on the 7th floor with no elevators which I didn't really mind until I wanted to call the office and realized there were no phones in our rooms. The colonial style facade of the rooms (view from pool) was nice and promising but as you entered the rooms, it was very confusing. The stark cement floors didn't quite work with the random flea market finds. It's a wonder what a little paint and some art hanging on the walls could do to improve the room. Also, wifi didn't work well in our rooms and it smelled a combination of clorox lemon bleach and bug spray.

None of the staff spoke very much English and on the morning of our check out, we asked the front desk guy to help us call a taxi to the ferry. He disappeared for 15m and we finally flagged a taxi down. Then out of nowhere he came back with a guy offering to give us a ride for 500B. We said no, that was too much money (we paid much less on our way there) and we didn't want a ride with some random person. Then he and the hotel staff guy threatened us to take their car and not the taxi. He said something to scare the taxi driver and eventually we got into his car. I was so mad that instead of calling us a taxi, he got a 'friend' to drive us, as I'm sure he got his share of our fare. I know that the average person does not make a lot of money in Thailand but we felt so taken advantage of, we were furious. This hotel staff guy is supposed to help guests, not rip them off. Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fuerth, Germany
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel makes you feel home! Friendly people, nice pool, very clean and the rooms are phantastique! It is 5 minutes drive aways from bangla road with tuk tuk! But i can totally recommend it! You won't forget your days there, since you've entered the funny lobby.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 12 September 2013

this place is far from the beach and doesnt have elevator. you'll have a hard time carrying your heavy luggage up to the 5th or 6th floor. it has a swimming pool. staff are friendly. breakfast is ok. there are plenty of restaurants and 2 ATMs nearby. overall, good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Beds are very hard. Literally felt like I was sleeping on a lumpy rock. Ants everywhere due to the inch between the door and ground. Other than that, very cute as the name suggests. Great service. Location is okay, but you would definitely need a motorbike to get from place to place

• Stayed August 2013
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Each room has its own special decor and full of vintage treasures and you can feel how much effort they put in it.Location is not quite far from Patong beach. If you are looking for something vintage, classic or quite different from a regular hotel we would recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank May P
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We are either into affordable boutique hotels or no frills resort that has no tv no amenities etc etc .....and its always the latter that impress us but CHICBOUTIQUE manage to sway us a lil bit , for its price its really nice and spacious ....we chose the ground floor room which has a nice 4 poster bed and cool decor , the room as usual always makes us wanna design our future/house room in same kinda way haha ....don't we all do that ...the door opens up str8 to the pool and its just great ....they provide bike rental service, we got one and made our way to patong beach for our book read and in the evenings we head to Banzan Market for our dinner / supper treats....the location is right in the middle of everything , if u are hungry and don't wanna ride just cross the road and there is a nice seafood place owned by a friendly lady ....pretty good i must say ....Banzan market is a must go for me to try the local treats especially the fish , right at the corner of Banzan you will see 3 guys who grills their fish in banana leaves , this is a must try .....i'm salivating just thinking about it now .....buy the fish and other food and just bring em back to chicboutique and eat your dinner right at the outdoor tables of the hotel .....don't forget to buy some food back for the friendly hotel staff .....so at least they can provide you the plates and cutleries ...haha

Room Tip: Ground Floor right by the pool .........