“A hidden gem in a great location.”

Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 423 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have just returned home after another visit to Thailand. For the second time now I have stayed at this great property. It's clean, has a bar on the ground floor which does an excellent breakfast, also has a working safe in your room, and the best and most friendly staff in any hotel I've stayed in Phuket before. In fact all staff on deck were also there 12 months ago. This must be a good sign of the management of the property. Speaking of which, Peter is a great guy who will make anything happen for you, regardless of what it is. As far as looking for a clean and tidy hotel at a great price, in a super location, you can't go past this little gem. The rooms are not huge, but who really needs a big room....you don't spend much time in your room on a holiday. It doesn't have a pool, but Patong Beach is only a 5 min walk away, so why not go there to experience a swim on a famous Thai beach. I'll be staying again at this hotel, for sure. Thanks to Peter and his exceptionally friendly team.

Room Tip: No need to request a special room as they are all great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Mr. Simon,
My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “A hidden gem in a great location”

It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service, and customer satisfaction every day! We’re very happy to see our guest return, and we like to thank you that you choose to stay with us again!

For me it is good to hear, that you mention that we have no changing’s in our staff the last year; we are working like a big family and hope our guest get this feeling also; feel happy to join our family!

Good to hear that you like our location in the Heart of Patong Beach; in the middle were the action is, but far away that you not have the trouble or the noise from it! You are right; we are on very short walking distance from the beach!

We are glad to hear that you like our rooms and our cleanness; you are right; our rooms are not so big and we have nofacilities like a pool or a gym, but all the basics are inside and we try to bring this with the best service!

Thank you also that you say about our staff that they are a *exceptionally friendly team*, and all our staff, including myself, had a great and funny time with you!

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you again! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, you recommending and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future!

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Ill keep it short, sweet and simple.

I travelled around Thailand with some friends, this was my favourite place I stayed in while in Phuket mainly for the following reasons:

- Warm welcome and excellent customer service.

- Good rooms! Air conditioning worked great. Tv had various channels. Bathroom had a good shower. Room overall was comfortable and nicely kept/decorated.

- House keeping was extremely excellent.

- Staff were genuinely nice.

- Well worth the price. I honestly feel the price to stay here was a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2013
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Highly recommended!”

It is good to hear that our hotel was your favorite place. We do our best to give our guest a warm welcome after their journey. It is their first impression of our hotel and staff and we try to give them a homely feeling upon arrival!

We understand that it can be heart for our guest to find some things and we try to help them out with all information they need!

Thank you for mentioning that you like our rooms, our bathroom, TV and our air-conditioning. We try to keep everything nice and clean like you mention! Cleanness is one of our prior aspects of attention!

Thank you also for your complements about our staff! I’m happy to share your experience with them!

We very happy to hear that you say our hotel is; “well worth the price” and you say “I honestly feel the price to stay here was a bargain” that is quite a compliment!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, your recommending and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My friends and i arrived back to Singapore from Phuket a couple of days ago.I believe we talked at the hotel bar during our stay at your hotel.Anyway, i just wanted to let you know of how delighted we were at our stay at your hotel.There is not a negative thing about your place.The service from your staff was excellent.They were always ready to help out with a smile on their faces no matter how late it was at night when i called for help. I will be returning to Phuket in mid-October and i will definately be staying at your Hotel again

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor, and send to me by e-mail as well!

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Absolutely Marvelous!”

Our staff and I are delighted to read that you liked our service and that you say; “The service from your staff was excellent” and; “There is not a negative thing about your place”. You make us shy, but please believe me; we make also mistakes! Even as a 2** Guesthouse, we try to give you a full service; that’s what we think it makes the difference!

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to our hotel as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Got a last minute great deal from Peter, the owner of the hotel via email booking. Got a family room for myself because deluxe was sold out.

It was raining when we arrived and we are surprised by a tall guy who came out from no where to help us unload our luggage from the taxi. Soon only I realized he is Peter, the owner of the hotel, what a pleasure. Great welcome drink and cool towel, check-in was smooth and the staff helped us to carry our luggage to our room. The room is clean, bed is good, toilet is clean, tv with 80++ channels, worth on every penny we spent.

Breakfast was good, big portion and more than what I could finish. I also noticed Peter was in the bar kitchen helping the staff preparing our meal. He is the best hotel owner you can find in the town. Great service!

We had a great time in patong and definitely will stay back in this hotel again on our next visit.
Thanks Peter and your welcoming staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Mr. Eddie Tan,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Great service, best boutique hotel in Patong”

Many times we can help you to make a direct confirmed booking and is easier to give you some extra attention than bookings we receive from the global website. In your case we were able to give a free upgrade, and it was a pleasure to do!

Thank you for mentioning that our rooms are clean, that you like our beds and the choice of TV channels. We delighted to hear you say;” Worth on every penny we spent”

Our hotel bar is daily op from 8.oo till 22.00 hour. You’re right, we try to give you in our hotel bar as well good value for money, and serve royal portions. We think 235 THB is a good deal for a complete fresh American breakfast!

Thank you also for your complements about our staff and meslf, as owner and Manger but I like to mention that it is all about the staff; I’m the captain, but they are our Crew and make everything possible! We try to give you a 5***** experience in a 2** guesthouse!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had problems with booking.com as it refused our reservation so v emailed the owner of the hotel and he sent quick reply that would hold the room until I finish payment with Agoda.com. However, it took me few days to complete it, and he was still waiting for my confirmation. That's NICE! Thx u so much!

We arrived today [3/8/2013] and had been received with the warmest welcome and smiles from the owners to receptionist. And I was impressed that the receptionist guy even remember my name. Hey, Thx--feeling like VIP as no hotel did that to me before.

The room; v choose the cheapest room in the building because the whole next days were filled up with plans and islands sight seeing. We prayed to have a good room but with the price 900 baht/night then we could not hope much. However, this hotel is beyond our expectations and praying as it is the sweet nest with the best value! The light is great, the bathroom is not too small clean and modern, the double bed we have is so gooood as it is not too soft neither too firm which ready to jump in and it has clean smell which is meaning regularly washed and kept well. There is no window in our room but it is not the problems at all as we have flat screens TV and over 40 channels, free wifi for both of our laptops. And it is soooo quiet at night which thx to all guests and hotel staffs to provide us the good sleep.

UMMM, this is included in 900 Baht. ^O^

The location; Bangla road is not far as slower walker like myself took 10 minutes so the others may take like 5 minutes. The Jugcelon mall is 5-6 minutes. And 7-11 is next door, so im not starving to death here for sure and with the coffee shop downstairs also where called Bon Coffee. Moreover, there are varieties of food around this hotel from Indian to Lebanese, and from Thai food to KFC and Irish bar. So find the best option then!

The cleanness of the hotel, our room, elevator and everywhere is excellent and please keep it like that always--I love our stay at this chic and modern hotel.

Room Tip: -Send ur requests to the hotel in previous then they can make it comes true without conditions and r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “The best 900 baht I have ever paid for a room”

We apologize about the fact that it is sometimes difficult to make a booking on one of the global booking websites. You always can make a booking on our hotel website as well, or you make a direct booking by e-mail! For sure this is more convenient than waiting for the “customer service” from some of these sides!

We like to welcome and so good bye to our guests, like with our friends! So it normal for us to welcome you with h a dink, and say goodbye with a small present!

Thank you for the nice words you say about our rooms. Our cheapest standard rooms have exactly the same facilities as our more expensive superior room, but they are situated inside the building, so they have no window. Some guests love it, for others they don’t even want to think about it! Good to hear that it fits you, and we believe also it is value for money! For sure!

We are glad to hear that you like our rooms and our cleanness; it is for us as a 2** guesthouse a prior aspects of attention!

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you! Thank you for taking the time to write your raving review, and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I will definitely recommend this hotel. Located in Patong Area. 5 Mins walk to Patong beach. Around 10 Mins walk to Jungceylon mall. A few steps away from massage place (Let's Relax Spa). 7 11 just 2 shops away from this hotel. I really Love every little things.

We book 1 triple rooms and 2 superior rooms. The triple room is really spacious. Rooms and toilets are very clean.

Staff also very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Just a little note for friends plan to stay together (esp with diff gender), toilet in this hotel ro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Fantastic!!”

Very nice to hear that you say; “I really love every little thing” You are right that you mention that we are just 5 minutes walking from the beach and Jung Ceylon shopping centre and even closer to 7/11, the famous *Let’s Relax Spa* and money exchangers and other things you maybe will need!

Thank you to mention that our rooms are toilets are very clean! I will share your experience with our entire staff that you say they are; “very friendly and helpful”

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, for your recommendation and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel only 2 nights, but I strongly feel the all staff‘s warm hearted hospitality. Whenever or whatever I needed a help, I always got their a hand. My flight back to Bangkok was
at 5:30pm, a lady staff helped me to book a mimibus around 2pm to Phuket airport, she also
told me when I checked out at noon that day, I could leave my bagage at the front desk and went to beach to enjoy the last 2 hours for wonderful beach view. Anyway I don't want to say much about how good feeling this hotel gives to me. I would say if I come to Phuket again or any of my friends will come to Phuket, I will definitely still choose Patong Terrace or recommend Patong Terrace to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “A very pleasant experience of stay in Patong Terrace”

It is good to hear that you had a “Pleasant experience” in our place!

Thank you for mentioning that our staff is warm hearted and hospitality! I’m happy to share your experience with them!

Of course we are happy to give you all the assistance you need to book your transportation to the airport and take care for your luggage before you leave.

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you. It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service, and customer satisfaction every day!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest, your recommending and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.