“Loved it so much...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 396 Patong B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Loved it so much...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived and were warmly greeted by Peter and the staff I knew we had made the right choice. We had an amazing time and the hospitality displayed was excellent making us feel so at home.
All of the lovely reports you read about this place are all true.We stayed In the deluxe room and really enjoyed the terrace watching the hustle and bustle of Patong.Our room was spotless and we were really impressed with the extra touches like the tea and coffee , DVD player, I pod decking station and hairdryer.
Peter is a fantastic host and even took us and another couple of guests to tiger kingdom which was very generous of him and so glad we took your advice and paid for the photographer the pictures are awesome!
We would not hesitate in coming back to stay here it really is a little gem a big thankyou to all the staff for help making our holiday so enjoyable.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Kazer d,

Thank you so much to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel! Our complete staff was smiling ear to ear, after reading your beautiful comments! You stay a pretty long time with us, and it was a pleasure from our entire staff to welcome you and having you as guest in our hotel!

We very delighted to read, that you liked our deluxe rooms, with balcony and some extra facilities. Cleanness is having a high priority in our place, and we more than happy to give our guests all the information, to try to make their stay as enjoyable as possible!

Thank you again to use your value time to write such a nice review, and we hope to meet you again in the near future! Please use ne as your contact person if you want to settle any more arrangements!

Thanks again and greetings from our entire staff!

Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I Looked on google street view at Patong Terrace just before our holiday and was pretty worried at the look of the place we were staying. What a surprise it was when we arrived there. Good enough to be a 5 star hotel.. Friendly people and extremely helpful. What a pleasure to arrive back from a night out and crash here..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Richard F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel!

We very glad, that you liked our property, and we were able to surprise you! Our facilities are for sure not from a 5***** Hotel, but we try to give all our guests a 5***** service! It is good to hear that you liked our staff and you describe them as “friendly and extremely helpful!

Thank you again that you choose to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Warm greetings,

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have to be honest and admit that I was a bit skeptical when booking this hotel. Despite it's numerous positive reviews my general philosophy is that, "if something seems to good to be true, it probably is." This place appeared to be the textbook definition of something that seemed to good to be true - a truly superior hotel at an excellent rate. All I can say is I am extremely glad I ignored my initial doubts and stayed at Patong Terrace, as it was nothing short of brilliant.

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Mr Peter and his staff, immediately making me feel very welcome and at home. Mr Peter leaves absolutely no doubt in your mind that if you need help with anything during your stay, you just have to ask him or one of his staff members and they will do their best to assist you; an attitude that I found very refreshing compared to other places that I visited in Thailand.

Patong Terrace is very ideally located, approximately a 5 minute walk from Patong Beach and, give or take, 700m from the (in)famous Bangla Road (if you're looking for a party).

Another aspect I have to comment on, which may seem a bit arbitrary, is the showers at Patong Terrace. After two weeks of going around Thailand and having very average showers (poor water pressure, temperature control, etc.) it was actually a treat to have a shower that does what it's supposed to. It's something you take for granted at home, but after 16 days of terrible shower facilities it was actually awesome to have a shower that worked really well. A very small aspect of a room that can make a big difference.

I would like to say a huge "thank you" to Mr Peter and his staff at Patong Terrace. I had a fantastic stay and everyone who works at PT played a huge part in my experience. When I return to Phuket I will absolutely stay at Patong Terrace (hopefully it's available) and will happily recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Patong, as it is simply the best.

Thank you again and all the best for 2014.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear JS1309,

Thank you so much that you could find time, to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel! Our staff and myself were a little bit overwhelmed, by so many nice and positive words! Of course we are very happy that our hotel met, or maybe even surpassed your expectations. We do our best, every day again, to give our guest a nice time and try to help them where it is possible!

I not like to spend many words about your review, every reader and potential guest can make up his mind after reading your beautiful comment! What I like to mention is; after reading this kind of reviews, we know; that’s where we do it all for!

Thank you some much again for writing your experience with our hotel, for your recommendations, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a standard room for two nights by myself after travelling with a mate for a week. We stayed in a disgusting guesthouse in Patong and once I checked in to Patong Terrace it was like paradise. The hotel staff were very friendly and the room was extremely clean. It's a good price, especially as it's in an excellent location, close to Bangla Road and the stalls/markets. The only downside would be that breakfast is not complimentary and there was no window in the room. The room could be pitch black at any time of day, which could be a good thing for hungover travellers ;) I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Genevieve C,

Thank you for taking your value time to write a nice review about our place! Good to hear that your call our place a *paradise* comparing with an other guesthouse! Thank you very much for your nice words about our location, the cleanness of our rooms and our staff! Our staff follows all the reviews by using a translator, and you can “make their day”, after they receive some good and positive feedback!

I want to seize the opportunity, to explain, that we choose to sell our rooms as “room only”. This means, if you like to use our breakfast, you pay for it. We think it is a very honest and fair way to let guest only pay, if they like to use any breakfast. Please believe me; free or complimentary breakfast not exists; when it is inclusive the room rate; you pay for it!

Thank you again for your nice an honest review, and we looking forward to welcome you again, if you like, in a superior room with a window!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Although no hotel stay would be 100% perfect, I'd say my stay was quite satisfying and exceeded my expectations for the category and price (at least for the high season). There were some minor hiccups such as there not being enough water at night (not the hotel's fault entirely), the malfunctioning safe (happened twice) and shower curtains that were a bit too high off the floor (letting some water leak to the floor), but the management and staff were always there to quickly resolve any issues in no time. Agree with other reviewers that if you're a light sleeper, you should avoid the rooms facing the street, but it didn't bother us after the first night. I guess the highlight of the trip was being able to celebrate the New Year with Peter and the entire hotel staff when we decided that Patong Beach was a bit too intense approaching midnight. They celebrated with us like we were old friends and we even got champagne to go with it! You wouldn't expect that sort of service from any other establishment, I think. And Peter is always there to answer any questions or address any concerns--just ask and he will accommodate the best he could. Now that's great hospitality. Will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Phuket, no doubt!

Room Tip: Get the first floor rooms for the personal terrace. If you're a light sleeper and don't mind...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Ikram K,

We were more than happy to welcome you and your friends, and it was a pleasure to have the countdown to 2014 with you and your friends! It is good to hear that you like our place and it exceeded your expectations! It is also good to hear that you like the atmosphere in our hotel with our staff, and that you will definitely stay here again if you visit Phuket the next time! You are more than welcome to use our e-mail to settle some arrangements for the nest time! We will try to solve the small hiccups, so your stay will be 100% perfect, and we go for 5 dots! Thanks again for taking your time to write this review, and we hope to meet soon again!

Kind Regards, from our entire staff,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I booked PT at the last minute as we'd extended our stay in Patong. Only the triple room was left (huge enough for 4!!) but we had to check in anyway because of the great reviews from other travelers. We stayed at a 5 star resort (5 mins away from PT and no names shall be mentioned ; > ) prior to PT but personally, I feel PT deserves more stars than the resort. From the moment the staff opened the door and greeted us until the day the Boss helped our luggage into the mini bus, we are very impressed. The warmth of the Boss and staff makes you wanna stay longer there. Even saw the front desk staff offering warm water to a sick tenant.
Yes, we will recommend PT to our friends and we will definitely stay here again (this time, small room will do).
The only setback was, our downstair neighbours were making noise in the middle of the night, else everything was near perfect.
My other suggestion for the Boss; place a toiletries holder in room 305 toilet. ; )

Room Tip: Triple room (big and spacious) at 305 faces.......another building but the blinds are adequate enoug...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear “BismandM!”

Thank you very much for your very nice review about our place! We are impressed as well, that you compare us with a 5 star resort; but we know or place; we are 2 star hotel/ guesthouse, and we try to provide all our guest a 5 star service! Good to hear that we were able to fitful your expectations and we like to thank you as well for your stay with us, your nice review and your recommendations!
We are so sorry to hear that some guest not respect other people’s night rest, and we will always try to avoid this situations to ask some respect from all our guests!

Thank you again for your review, and we wish you all the best for the new year 2014!

Knokke, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Had another super holiday in Patong thanks to the staff and management of terrace boutique hotel. Everyone is very friendly and if you have a problem they try to solve it. The rooms are very clean as is the bar and reception.
The hotel is centrally situated so you are close to everthing you want.
And they serve a good breakfast at low prices. I recommend this hotel to everyone!
I know where I'll be staying on my next visit to Patong.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear tonnyvanpoecke,

First of all the best wishes for the New Year! It is always good to hear something from you; by e-mail in the hotel, or by this website. Thank you again for writing such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel! Your always enthusiastic about Phuket and were happy to help you to have a great time here. Thank again for all the nice words about our hotel, and our hotel bar! We glad that you like our breakfast, and you know, you can have breakfast till late in the afternoon….if you like…
Thank you so much for your recommendation again, and we know already, we gone meet soon again in Patong!