See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is a great guest house with friendly and helpful staff just across the road from Patong Beach. The rooms are quite small however have all the amenities you'd need (king size bed, clean bathroom, air con, fridge, FREE wi-fi and tv) with modern and clean furniture. Room is cleaned daily. The guest house is situated in a small side street with the beach being a 2 minute walk away and Bangla along with other numerous restaurants and bars being 5 mins away so no need for a tuk tuk. It is a little noisy but isn't that the point of going to Patong - this place is right in the middle of it all! Great restaurant next door too! If you don't want to pay high prices to stay in a resort in Patong but want a clean place with great staff in a great location for a cheap price I'd highly recommend Claudio and his team at Sun Beach.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't like stairs go for the first floor! However the deluxe rooms with balconies are worth the climb up to the 4th floor!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mish_Fab
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This hotel was excellent for the price. It does't have a pool or gym or anything but the rooms are clean and it is situated in a quiet street (with restaurants), compared to the madness that surrounds it in Patong. 5 mins walk from the Main Strip and a 2 min walk to the beach.

Would recommend the hotel, although Patong was a bit much for us. Would say it's more of a singles place than a couples.

That said the food was superb in the area, and this hotel was more than adequate.

Tip: Use the travel lady next door for taxi's etc, she was excellent at helping us out.

Room Tip: This is just far enough off the strip to be quiet in any room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FamousTartanArmy
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Extremely friendly stuff !!! Clean rooms + free wifi ;) Daily clean towels! Its on the Patong bay, so obviously really busy till late hours - really close to all the bars n just 20-30 min away from less busy beaches!

Room Tip: have in mind its 4 floors n no lift ;)))
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank katia8118
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is not the sort of hotel I normally stay in, I am more accustomed to staying in top end resorts. I stayed here as I was travelling with friends. However I was very pleasantly surprised. The room is quite big (bathroom is a little small), the whole hotel including my room was very clean. The wifi is free which is nice. The food in the restaurant next door is very good they will delivery to your room.

The hotel is located just a couple of min from the beach, the bars and night light is just around the corner. It can by a little noisy outside but nothing too extreme and to be honest if you are going to stay in Patong its to be expected.

But what made my stay very comfortable is the management, they are extremely friendly and helpful.

At the price I just cant fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the Deluxe room. its worth the extra
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CzechDoc
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I'm in fact still in Patong as I write this review. I am writing from the hotel I switched into after leaving this horrible place after one brutal night.

The night reception guy was really high and not helpful at all during check in. My friend's staying in another room had ants find their way into the room and into their luggage. The owner acknowledged that the building had an ant infestation and handed them a can of bug spray for their troubles. We promptly checked out and were threatened with a call to police if we refused to pay for all the nights we booked, even though the hotel didn't disclose their infestation issues to us upon check in. Then they proceeded to blame us for the insect issues, saying that we had left food out in our rooms. This is false as the 'food' we had (it was protein powder) was in tightly sealed ziploc bags. AVOID.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank fungjust
Claudio F, Manager at Sun Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to reply what it really happend during your stay...
The guy is not good looking,he can look high as you said but belive me he is not like that as you saw please do not judge people from the first sight. Many Guest are really happy with him becose he very entertaiment but this is subjective from the Guest.
The problem about "ANT INFESTATION"as you said,I NEVER SAID i had an ant infestation.
With the guy from room 303 I SAID:
I HAD PROBLEM WITH ANTS BECOSE THE GUEST LEFT THE FOOD OPEN IN THE ROOM AND NOT CLOSE INSIDE BOX OR FRIDGE: So what you said is false.
If you think the guest house has an ant infestation can you explain me why the ants came from the ground floor got inside the room and went DIRECTLY inside your Baggage?And not around the room? (i think an ant infestation the ants should be everywhere)
We have kitchen with coffee,sugar and others many thing to eat at the ground floor,why we do not have any problem with ants? If the Hotel has an ant infestation why in hundreds of reviows in many differents booking site no one mention about that? So i think your sealed ziploc bags was not so close or maeby there was so much proteine smell inside your baggage.
The problem about ants was caused from you directly,it was not Sun Beach House resposibility,that's why I threatened with a call to police when you said you wanted to chek-out without pay.
And the fact at the last day when you finally you paid,you got inside and you screamed to the staff it was a little bit rude.
We are responsible about our problem,but if the problem is caused from our guest we have to rispect our policy: "You pay what you have booked"
Regards,