“Cheap hotel opposite the beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goldsea Beach Guest House

Goldsea Beach Guest House
Ranked #63 of 397 Patong B&B and Inns
Udaipur, India
“Cheap hotel opposite the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Owner really helpful with things needed like trips, suggestions to go out or for shopping
Hotel opposite the beach so no need to get tuk tuk or anything similar.
Lots of shops around
Hotel very quiet since it is at the end of dead end alley so even though i had a room towards the street, there was no problem to get a descent sleep.
The owner has cams everywhere so he checks every move in the corridors. He has requested a "no (call)girl" policy while staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank George_Pagkratis

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Gave us the best price for a van from Patong to Surat Thani. Really helpful! I went to many places before settling with this one.

I did not stay at this lodge but I wanted to write a review about their travel services.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Miss Y
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

The family that run this hotel are very friendly and welcoming. There are only a few rooms so you will be treated as one of the family. The location is excellent almost on the beach and a couple of minutes from the night life but you aren't disturbed by the noise at night time. The rooms are well presented and clean. The owner also organises many excursions/trips and guarantees to offer you a better rate than outside of the hotel. I also appreciated the owners no-nonsense attitude about his business being family orientated. Mr. Javid (the owner) was very helpful getting our phones to work with the sims cards and being internet available 24 hours daily.

Room Tip: No need to bring extra towels - as they will provide beach towels for you,
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank katydidit64
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

My husband and I went travelling in January 2012 we arrived in Phuket and was greeted by javed and his family they made us feel very welcome after a few days my husband miss placed LOST our bank card with all our money ! we still had three weeks in Thailand so we hadn't a clue what to do javed help so much he let us use his computer to Skype back home he even offered us some money so we didn't stress and ruin our trip. When our new bank card arrived we had it send to javeds golden sea guest house it hadn't arrived a the guest house which made us worry ,so javed took my husband on his motor bike to the post office which was where it was ! We booked thia boxing three times through them at there tour shop , we also book raya island for four nights they suggested a snorkeling boat trip to get there rather then just a taxi boat which was fab , ko lanta which we loved , a safai day trip where we rode elephants , the guest house may be basic but it was like staying with family there son I played with him on his play station whist my husband was on Skype it was a great experience I would defiantly go back and stay with them . Benefits to stay right near town, beach, bars night life, shops, markets, and restaurants , I like quite hotels relaxing places but if your visiting patong then it's busy and full of life . Thanks again javed and Sabrina for a great stay and great memories luv Emma and Ben and we hope to see you soon

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms as we went back there and both were great front facing street not a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Emma C
Pompey, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

the owners of the hotel were brilliant, helpfull and kind. they made us feel welcome. rooms decent, bed was very comfy. so close to everything yet set back so its less noisy. would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank b d
Jammu City, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The guest house is located very near the patong beach. easy to locate as it is in the street next to McDonald's. The hotel is a family run by Mr. Javed. Incidentally, I did not know that he too was from India and that too my state. He attended me very well even though his wife was sick during the time I visited. As I had to rush through my visit because of some important assignment he made every effort that I got the best places to visit during my short stay there. All in all great value for money and a great family atmosphere. Will stay there when I visit again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Parvez S
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I went to them with a reference of my tailor (RK Fashion). Both Sabina and Javed are nice to deal with; they were very helpful. I have booked all my sight seeing activities through them. They gave us a great price. All my laundry was also done through them. I must say they do their job with great passion & sincerity. I found them going that extra mile to keep you happy. My daughter fell ill on the way to the pier en route to Phi Phi Island and we had to return back; but Sabina ensured that she put us in the next day's trip to Phi Phi island at no extra cost. As a family we felt very secure dealing with Sabina & Javed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Break Point Hotel
#18 of 222 in Patong
The Shades Hotel
The Shades Hotel
#33 of 222 in Patong

Been to Goldsea Beach Guest House? Share your experiences!