“Noisy Area, staff switched room to bad room, dangerous situation”
Review of Arya Boutique Room

Arya Boutique Room
Ranked #220 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I never have written a TripAdvisor review but feel that it is appropriate here so no one ends up in the dangerous situation that happened to me. There are hundreds of hotels like this one, no reason to stay here unless desperate. I have booked online over 100 times at other hotels and this was just a bad place at least on the day that I arrived. Maybe you’ll get lucky if you try this place, but probably not worth the risk. Here’s the story.
I arrived at the hotel at night by taxi at 11PM on a Friday. I had booked and paid for the hotel via online website 6 weeks ago. When I arrived it was really noisy outside the hotel even though it was 11PM. The staff lady was sitting on her motorcycle eating bar-b-q appearing to leave but then came back when I arrived. She looked annoyed.
Here’s the conversation with the booking website online agent I spoke to so I could get a refund. It went something like this: “When I got there they had switched my room to a bad noisy front room and it was not the room type that I had purchased 6 weeks ago. I told her this and she said I could have booked another similar type and made it appear like it was all my fault. I went to the online website and showed them the room pic and then she switched her story and said they were busy because it's the high season. The lady and I got in a heated argument and she drove away on her motorcycle, leaving me with no place to stay and I never got to check in even though I had paid for multiple days. I had not even paid the hotel the taxi fare yet, but she was very motivated to leave! I then had to walk around the dangerous streets with my luggage trying to find a place at 11:30PM at night! I want to cancel my reservation and get a full refund or credit. This was a very dangerous situation that could have turned deadly. I will never go back there.”

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank travelerJ12345
leocass, Owner at Arya Boutique Room, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Customer

I'm sorry, that you were not satisfied with our hotel, however most of our customers are, which Trip Advisor also proves again and again.

I ask myself, how you can leave such dishonest comments here in such a public forum
Everybody can be tired and have a bad day, but we still have to be honest and your review was definitely not. Below is the truth of what took place when you arrived at our Hotel:

We booked a nice room for you with twin beds on the 1st floor (most customers we find prefer the 1st. floor). And when you told us that you wanted a double, we upgraded you for FREE, to a Deluxe room on the 4 floor (with an extra big bed). But you were still not satisfied. We then informed you that we would gladly change you to another room the next day if you so desired, but you blatantly refused this offer as well.

YOU then began shouting and making a lot of noise (which other people in the hotel can witness). You then proceeded to call my friendly and polite Thai Staff F..... liars. You must take delight in belittling women because I am willing to bet, you would not have acted like this if you were dealing with a Man.
It was then My Staff began to really become afraid of you!!
You might carry on like this in the country from where you come from, namely America, but you certainly don’t do this in Thailand (only bad people make threats to other people).

After all the offers to accommodate you, you then demanded your money back from Agoda.com, but we have not got your money from Agoda, and therefore can not refund it unfortunately.
Our refund policy also clearly states that 7 days is required for a full refund.

We also organized an airport transfer as you requested and then you had the hide to refuse payment for this. The Staff were TOO SCARED to demand this payment OF YOU even though they were well within their rights to do so. Arya Hotel had to pay for this!!

Also for your information, the staff you spoke so rudely with actually finished work at 20.00hrs, but came back at almost midnight to greet you at reception and book you in, (even that she was eating), to try to help you.
This was 4 hours after she finished her normal shift, she still try to help you the customer ...that's pretty good.

Another one of your lies was about the dangerous streets ... no way, it's quit safe, and there are so many hotels all around us (about 20), and you only needed to walk 10 meters to get a room.
I wish you a good trip ...although I doubt it, as if this is your normal behavior you are more than likely going to end up spending it in a Thai prison or hospital.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Although located in a very populous and noisy area, Patong, this hotel location itself is not to crowded. Its just 10 minutes to the Patong centre of attraction, Bangla Road, and 15 minutes to Patong beach. The service was excellent. The staff help us a lot recomending our trip to Phi- Phi island eventhough we arrived at this hotel at midnight. When we got some problem with the bad transportation serice (by SeaStar Andaman), they also help us to arrange our transportation service back to airport eventhough we've already check out.
The room itself is neat, clean, and pretty big. In our second day, we have problem with the water. The water at the bathroom didn't come out, but the hotel got it fix in about 30 mins.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EnileveNat
Reviewed 17 August 2012

ABR has a few things going for it, e.g. a nice location far enough away from the bar street so that the noise from there will not keep you from catching Zs. Still rather close to the beach, which is some ten minutes stroll away. Some restaurants near by, and the town biggest mall too, if shopping is your thing. If you are looking for tours in the vincinity, then the Phuket Travel Company (phukettravelcompany.com) is just down the street, and I highly recommend it. It‘s the only travel company there which actually has offices, as opposed to some sort of a street booth, of which there are plenty.

Also, ABR is quite inexpensive. The rooms are clean and with a good air condition. Good staff as well.

It is not all rosy though. At least in the room I was in the bed was getting on in years. The springs were really outworn on one side of the bed. Of course hotels must get new beds or mattresses on a regular basis, so this drawback might not be a problem for long.

However, outside noise had an all too easy access into the room. Noise from street traffic was quite audible, and so were the people in the next room – although to be fair, I suspect I had a bit of bad luck with noisy hotel neighbours on this occation. Even so, one could hear people walk in the hall and the stairs with way too much ease. Perhaps not ideal for light sleppers.

Or for people with heavy luggage. No elevator.

But all things considered ABR is good value for money, nothing fancy, but good enough, unless you simply must have a relatively soundproof room and an elevator.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank arnijm
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in late July. The hotel is well located and has nice restaurants nearby, especially Pappadams. The room was a good size as was the bathroom. There is no lift so that can be a problem although I was fortunate to be on the first floor. There is no restaurant for breakfast but you can go to Amici Miei Hotel a few doors away or to Ferb Guest House opposite. The staff was friendly and I enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Just arrived today. The receptionist was friendly even frm the moment I stepped in. The room is fine and really clean. Just that maybe it's pretty humid over here, there were ants crawling on my bed. However, they change the bed sheet immediately without fuss after I spoke to them.

Pros:
Really near to jungceylon, the beach and of course bangla road.
Very clean room and hotel.
Friendly staff
Comfy bed

Cons:
The room lighting rather dim
Flights of staircases

But the cons dont really bother me. Just for your info in case some of you think it's useful.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank nkr28
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This was a great stay, we intended to only stay two days and ended up being there the whole week.
Staff have great English, they are friendly and very helpful. The room was great, although on the fourth floor with no lift, beds were extremely comfortable and nice clean towels were changed everyday. They offered for us to move rooms once a lower floor was available but we stuck where we were.
If you are looking for a simple, clean, comfortable cheap place within walking distance of beach and nightlife, this should be your choice.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Hol801
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I had a great stay there it is well located staff is friendly and manager of hotel is gud they pay attention to ur requirement i shud advice my frnds that before making booking of any tour frm out side of hotel desk make try of rates form others also she had a bit high rates but scooters u can hier from her.
In my next vist i will stay again here.

• Stayed: July 2012