“Better around for the same price.”
Review of Arya Boutique Room

Arya Boutique Room
Ranked #214 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Our stay here wasnt so great because of some problems with our room, 105. Most significant first, the air con would randomly turn off and on throughout the night, alternating between the room getting very hot and very loud noise when starting. I checked all the settings and timers, but couldnt sort it out. Next, the room next to ours was the staff supply room, thought it would be a positive, but they were quite loud slamming the door from early in the morning. Less importantly, water heater had burnt plastic in the bottom, unuseable for coffee and tv was awful, nearly dead but not replaced. Other guests were pretty loud, but unavoidable with no elevator and small staircase.

Staff was really nice, wifi good, clean room.

Ive never referenced another review before, but feel I must now. In regards to the Nov 10, 2012 review giving a one star rating, it must be said that the managements response referring to America as a place where customers carry on in a rude and hostile way is not only incorrect but very inappropiate as well. As an American myself, if i would have read your response before, I never would have given you my business. Also, as for the staff who came back 3 hours after her shift, the hotel claims 24 hour reception..doesnt add up.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Julbo09

Reviewed 27 February 2013

stayed here for six nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.nothing is too much trouble for the freiedly staff.and the free wifi was most usefull.try to book a room on one of the lower floors.as there is no lift.great value for the money paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Arya Boutique made our trip to Patong all that much better. The staff was friendly and helpful, the wifi was free and the location was great. The hotel has a central staircase that goes to every floor and can get a bit noisy, especially when a group of people in flip flops come down. Besides that mild gripe, the rooms were large and clean including the bathrooms, and the small balcony was definitely a bonus. The hotel itself is about a 10 minute walk from the beach, but that was not our main concern as the beach in Patong is way to dirty and packed with way to many people. If you are looking for some beaches, get out of Patong and go visit and an island. Bangla Road is about a 5-10 minute direct walk away which makes stumbling back to the room after a late night of drinking fairly easy. There is great food in almost every direction with a parking lot filled with street food/vendors at the end of the road and bars pretty much everywhere. We were leaving Patong to visit some islands and did not know how to set up all the transfers, etc. The people at the front desk were very helpful and not only called our next hotel on the island to set up a longtail boat but also called a cab and gave us prices for everything, making something that could have been difficult, extremely easy. Overall a great place to stay, and would do so again if ever in Patong again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed here for five nights. Rooms are comfortable and clean if a little dated however good for the price. Staff are friendly and helpful and the lobby is clean and inviting. Not situated next to the beach however it is an I there's to 10 minutes stroll away. The hotel is situate not far for. The fresh food market and at nigh there is the food stalls in the car park where you can pick up a decent feed for a fraction of the price being asked for in the restaurants. The ever present clothes tells are down the road as well as a local 711 and the large shopping centre is 2 minutes walk away on the corner. The street is busy and at night some traffic noise does come through and people talking in the hallway are easily heard if they are a bit too loud. Overall an honest stay if you're not too fussy and at a budget price

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed at Arya Boutique Room for 3 weeks in November 2012 and found the service and cleanliness very very good. Location also good being 10 minute walk to beach and close to night market and shopping centre.We would certainly stay here again on our next trip to Patong.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanB1-13
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I never have written a TripAdvisor review but feel that it is appropriate here so no one ends up in the dangerous situation that happened to me. There are hundreds of hotels like this one, no reason to stay here unless desperate. I have booked online over 100 times at other hotels and this was just a bad place at least on the day that I arrived. Maybe you’ll get lucky if you try this place, but probably not worth the risk. Here’s the story.
I arrived at the hotel at night by taxi at 11PM on a Friday. I had booked and paid for the hotel via online website 6 weeks ago. When I arrived it was really noisy outside the hotel even though it was 11PM. The staff lady was sitting on her motorcycle eating bar-b-q appearing to leave but then came back when I arrived. She looked annoyed.
Here’s the conversation with the booking website online agent I spoke to so I could get a refund. It went something like this: “When I got there they had switched my room to a bad noisy front room and it was not the room type that I had purchased 6 weeks ago. I told her this and she said I could have booked another similar type and made it appear like it was all my fault. I went to the online website and showed them the room pic and then she switched her story and said they were busy because it's the high season. The lady and I got in a heated argument and she drove away on her motorcycle, leaving me with no place to stay and I never got to check in even though I had paid for multiple days. I had not even paid the hotel the taxi fare yet, but she was very motivated to leave! I then had to walk around the dangerous streets with my luggage trying to find a place at 11:30PM at night! I want to cancel my reservation and get a full refund or credit. This was a very dangerous situation that could have turned deadly. I will never go back there.”

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank travelerJ12345
leocass, Owner at Arya Boutique Room, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Customer

I'm sorry, that you were not satisfied with our hotel, however most of our customers are, which Trip Advisor also proves again and again.

I ask myself, how you can leave such dishonest comments here in such a public forum
Everybody can be tired and have a bad day, but we still have to be honest and your review was definitely not. Below is the truth of what took place when you arrived at our Hotel:

We booked a nice room for you with twin beds on the 1st floor (most customers we find prefer the 1st. floor). And when you told us that you wanted a double, we upgraded you for FREE, to a Deluxe room on the 4 floor (with an extra big bed). But you were still not satisfied. We then informed you that we would gladly change you to another room the next day if you so desired, but you blatantly refused this offer as well.

YOU then began shouting and making a lot of noise (which other people in the hotel can witness). You then proceeded to call my friendly and polite Thai Staff F..... liars. You must take delight in belittling women because I am willing to bet, you would not have acted like this if you were dealing with a Man.
It was then My Staff began to really become afraid of you!!
You might carry on like this in the country from where you come from, namely America, but you certainly don’t do this in Thailand (only bad people make threats to other people).

After all the offers to accommodate you, you then demanded your money back from Agoda.com, but we have not got your money from Agoda, and therefore can not refund it unfortunately.
Our refund policy also clearly states that 7 days is required for a full refund.

We also organized an airport transfer as you requested and then you had the hide to refuse payment for this. The Staff were TOO SCARED to demand this payment OF YOU even though they were well within their rights to do so. Arya Hotel had to pay for this!!

Also for your information, the staff you spoke so rudely with actually finished work at 20.00hrs, but came back at almost midnight to greet you at reception and book you in, (even that she was eating), to try to help you.
This was 4 hours after she finished her normal shift, she still try to help you the customer ...that's pretty good.

Another one of your lies was about the dangerous streets ... no way, it's quit safe, and there are so many hotels all around us (about 20), and you only needed to walk 10 meters to get a room.
I wish you a good trip ...although I doubt it, as if this is your normal behavior you are more than likely going to end up spending it in a Thai prison or hospital.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Although located in a very populous and noisy area, Patong, this hotel location itself is not to crowded. Its just 10 minutes to the Patong centre of attraction, Bangla Road, and 15 minutes to Patong beach. The service was excellent. The staff help us a lot recomending our trip to Phi- Phi island eventhough we arrived at this hotel at midnight. When we got some problem with the bad transportation serice (by SeaStar Andaman), they also help us to arrange our transportation service back to airport eventhough we've already check out.
The room itself is neat, clean, and pretty big. In our second day, we have problem with the water. The water at the bathroom didn't come out, but the hotel got it fix in about 30 mins.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends