Worst hotel we have ever seen in our life...
We went to phuket from the period 16th nov 2013 to 20 nov 2013 and stayed in Arya Botique room Phuket... Entry was good. Also room was having mini bar which contains like Chips, beer, soft drinks etc.. So we asked to the receptionist (Name: Oui), is it complimentary? she replied its first time we give to our customer...so we were happy and used few things and we didn’t count how much item they gave initially (since it was free)... after staying three day in the hotel when our check out time came they gave us a bill of 1050 baht on 19-Nov around at 9:30PM.
We were quiet shocked that this entire bill was for complimentary things. She (Oui) and another hotel staff (Chass) says we never said that it’s complimentary, means she denied. Also we used few things and lot of things were not there which was part of their mini bar. She charged all missing things, saying that we have used.
Here is my understanding:
1. When we enter in hotel; what we see in room is part of our hotel booking.
2. While entering on first day I got all their min bar items. (note- we didn’t order)
3. If we order anything then it might chargeable
4. If we don’t order and things are in room; it means to me is free of charge or includes in my per day hotel charges.
5. Also hotel staff should intimate and provide clear instruction saying that these things will charge which area kept in room. But there was no clear instruction. They never gave any written document which says that it chargeable.
Hotel and Thailand police Behavior;
She said you have to pay. And we said we won’t pay. So she said she will call to police and started blackmailing us. Finally we thought we are not wrong and let’s discuss with police.
One Police man came after 20mintutes; and he didn’t bother to listen us. He said either pay bill or go to police station and stay for 1 day (Knowing fact that after 10 hr I have flight to catch). After seeing this nature it proves that either this police was from hotel itself or Thailand Patong beach police station is not at all supportable to tourist.
After 1hr, Around 10:30PM, 19-Nov; I paid all amount (15 baht extra ) which they put bill where as I hardly used 50% of their item. As per hotel I have to pay though I didn’t use since it’s on bill. The bad part is I finish my all money. I didn’t had single bhat with me.
No respect and caring nature from Thailand police for tourist where as they knows that main Phuket income source is tourist.
Hotel staff Behavior-
1. After my settlement of bill; receptionist left for day and another guy was sitting in hotel. My all money was finished and my baby was having fever. So I asked hotel staff “name: chass” to refill water (as per receptionist its free on daily basis). He denied. He says go to 7&11 shop and buy.
2. I said no money with me and baby have fever. So at least you can refill rather than giving mineral water bottle. But he denied.
3. Then last I said that give me my 15bhat which paid extra and it will allow me to but 1 liter bottle from 7&11 shop. But he said I won’t give you money “Go away from here”.
4. Early morning I had taxi booking (6:30AM) to catch flight (9:50AM). I asked hotel staff “chass” to give me Water bottle and coffee powder (as per hotel booking these are free of charge 1 time per day). But he said we will only give at 8AM (he knows that I will leave at 6:30AM). I said from night baby didn’t had water, so at least give me water bottle but he said stay in hotel up to 8Am and we will provide.
5. So finally hotel didn’t give anything though it was part of our booking. And they also don’t have any human nature that 2 year baby has fever and need water.
Moral of story:
Never book this hotel since staff is looking for some other way to blackmail customer and get money. Staff does not have any normal human nature to support human.
Last but not least; don’t aspect any support from Thailand police since they only support local people, though local hotel people are wrong.
I shared my practical story and opinion with all of you. Rest you think yourself before going to this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arya Boutique Room reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arya Boutique Room Phuket/Patong