“Worst hotel we have ever seen in our life...”
Review of Arya Boutique Room

Arya Boutique Room
Ranked #200 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Worst hotel we have ever seen in our life...”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hi all,

Worst hotel we have ever seen in our life...

We went to phuket from the period 16th nov 2013 to 20 nov 2013 and stayed in Arya Botique room Phuket... Entry was good. Also room was having mini bar which contains like Chips, beer, soft drinks etc.. So we asked to the receptionist (Name: Oui), is it complimentary? she replied its first time we give to our customer...so we were happy and used few things and we didn’t count how much item they gave initially (since it was free)... after staying three day in the hotel when our check out time came they gave us a bill of 1050 baht on 19-Nov around at 9:30PM.
We were quiet shocked that this entire bill was for complimentary things. She (Oui) and another hotel staff (Chass) says we never said that it’s complimentary, means she denied. Also we used few things and lot of things were not there which was part of their mini bar. She charged all missing things, saying that we have used.

Here is my understanding:

1. When we enter in hotel; what we see in room is part of our hotel booking.
2. While entering on first day I got all their min bar items. (note- we didn’t order)
3. If we order anything then it might chargeable
4. If we don’t order and things are in room; it means to me is free of charge or includes in my per day hotel charges.
5. Also hotel staff should intimate and provide clear instruction saying that these things will charge which area kept in room. But there was no clear instruction. They never gave any written document which says that it chargeable.

Hotel and Thailand police Behavior;

She said you have to pay. And we said we won’t pay. So she said she will call to police and started blackmailing us. Finally we thought we are not wrong and let’s discuss with police.
One Police man came after 20mintutes; and he didn’t bother to listen us. He said either pay bill or go to police station and stay for 1 day (Knowing fact that after 10 hr I have flight to catch). After seeing this nature it proves that either this police was from hotel itself or Thailand Patong beach police station is not at all supportable to tourist.
Conclusion:-

After 1hr, Around 10:30PM, 19-Nov; I paid all amount (15 baht extra ) which they put bill where as I hardly used 50% of their item. As per hotel I have to pay though I didn’t use since it’s on bill. The bad part is I finish my all money. I didn’t had single bhat with me.
No respect and caring nature from Thailand police for tourist where as they knows that main Phuket income source is tourist.

Hotel staff Behavior-

1. After my settlement of bill; receptionist left for day and another guy was sitting in hotel. My all money was finished and my baby was having fever. So I asked hotel staff “name: chass” to refill water (as per receptionist its free on daily basis). He denied. He says go to 7&11 shop and buy.
2. I said no money with me and baby have fever. So at least you can refill rather than giving mineral water bottle. But he denied.
3. Then last I said that give me my 15bhat which paid extra and it will allow me to but 1 liter bottle from 7&11 shop. But he said I won’t give you money “Go away from here”.
4. Early morning I had taxi booking (6:30AM) to catch flight (9:50AM). I asked hotel staff “chass” to give me Water bottle and coffee powder (as per hotel booking these are free of charge 1 time per day). But he said we will only give at 8AM (he knows that I will leave at 6:30AM). I said from night baby didn’t had water, so at least give me water bottle but he said stay in hotel up to 8Am and we will provide.
5. So finally hotel didn’t give anything though it was part of our booking. And they also don’t have any human nature that 2 year baby has fever and need water.

Moral of story:

Never book this hotel since staff is looking for some other way to blackmail customer and get money. Staff does not have any normal human nature to support human.
Last but not least; don’t aspect any support from Thailand police since they only support local people, though local hotel people are wrong.

I shared my practical story and opinion with all of you. Rest you think yourself before going to this hotel.

Thanks!!
Avinash

Room Tip: Never book this hotel since staff is looking for some other way to blackmail customer and get money...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank AvinashDad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I will start with the cons just to get them out of the way.

No lift so have to carry luggage up stairs and keep running up and down which is tricky when a bit drunk unless you are on the 1st floor :)

The rooms noise isolation is not so good. I think this is due to cheap thin doors. I was constantly woken up by the cleaners or people checking in and out of the building.

The door lock. You have to lock from inside on your way out so the door does not open from the outside. I found this not so safe because sometimes I may have forgotten to do so and was a safety worry as a random person could just enter my room while i was away.

Now for the pros:

Very nice rooms. Clean, fresh and spacious. Excellent bed's. Was a very nice sleep.

The cleaners always made my bed and tidied my stuff. Even put my shoes and random stuff on the table in order, just like my mum would have done :)

Free coffee and water was complimentary which was great!

Wifi always working. Aircon was always cooling and adjustable.

Staff are friendly and always willing to solve any problem you have.

There is a v.cheap laundry just nxt to the building. 50baht a kilo and you get the clothes back smelling nice and fresh all ironed and folded.

There is a barber/hairdresser just accross the road which came in handy to fix up and look sharp ;)

A 7/11 is just 200meters away aswell as an exchange booth.

Also there is thai food market just 2 mins walk from the place selling delicious and v.cheap stuff. (Saved me allot of money)

10mins walk from Bangla road, 15mins from beach. Which is nice because you are away from the women cattle farm area so are more comfortable when in your hotel. No hassle.

Overall a great place for the price. You cant go wrong!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank muzzyxd
Shanghai
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Came here after a last minute change of plans to stay in patong instead of khao lak in high season November. Walked in and plenty of rooms left, the staff even have us the 'web' price to match that of bookings.com and others which was 300thb cheaper per nights stay, this was excellent because normally hotels would charge a premium for walk ins. Friendly and honest staff, amazingly clean rooms for the price, and decent location. Free WiFi, New ac units, and washrooms that do not stink. Only downside is the narrow flights of stairs to climb for people with lots of luggage. 2 minute walk to cheap and delicious Thai food stands and market, the hotel even let us eat in their restaurant when we brought back a full meal. The tour stand at the front of the hotel had prices that were 30% cheaper than everyone in town. Although a good location, the hotel isn't on the 'strip', requires a 15 minute walk to the beach (during our stay, there was road repair going on so you'd have to walk a few hundred meters on a muddy road when it rained, but I'd imagine this hassle would be temporary until the road is finished). Overall amazing amazing value for the price!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank laolv
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is real value for money, we booked in for 1 night to see what the place was like and ended up staying for 4. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The room is big, clean and well presented. Wifi is free and we had no problem connecting. It is well situated and depending on the route u choose, its a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. 5mins away from Bangla Rd and Jungceylon mall. the laundry service was great nd very reasonable. Tours can be booked from adjoining booth. There are pharmacies, restruarants, 7/11 grocers etc all surrounding the hotel. Service is excellent. I would defenately stay there again and would gladly recommend this hotel. The downstairs restruarant Ristorante de Capri is clean, comfortable, nicely presented and the food is fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank allisonh92
Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

The location is good and the rooms are priced nicely. There is an activities booth in front and to the right of the hotel with a friendly girl who helped us book our activities and gave us good advice and she also did laundry in a timely manner which was nice. The shower head in our room was a little messed up and the safe didn't work but probably would have been fixed if we told the front desk. We only stayed 2 nights so we felt we could deal with it. I think this was a great place to stay at 600 baht per night.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Newlyweds70106
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Well, what can I say... firstly, this hotel is fantastic value. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, spacious and clean. The room had a fridge with minibar and other snack items along with a price list (all reasonable). They also very kindly left a packet of condoms (strawberry flavour). If you do go out down Bangla Road and score yourself a ‘lady’ however, I must warn you that you might not be the one who ends up wearing it! I just hope that I will soon be able to walk like normal again…

It is perhaps not ideally located if you want to be very close to the beach, but it’s just a 10-15 minute walk away and the main shopping centre is nearby. My tip if you are finding the weather too hot for the trek, is to walk through the shopping centre en route to the beach and take advantage of the cooling air-con. It’s like a soothing Thai massage sans ‘happy ending’.

Our room had a balcony which was nice, even though the view reminded me a lot of war torn Afghanistan. I was just happy that we had a private outdoor space to help dry towels/clothes. Some people may comment on the lack of a lift so if you are not so keen on stairs, try and get yourself a room on a lower floor if you can… or have a friend carry you by feigning crippling injury?

I also took advantage of the laundry service at the hotel which is excellent. It took me right back to when I was a kid and had a magic basket. I’d just put my dirty clothes in the magic basket and they would reappear like magic a day later all clean and neatly folded. Amazing. So what I am saying is that basically… Arya has a magic basket! It does cost 50 baht a kilo and this was free when I was a child, but that’s inflation for you. I used to be able to buy a can of coke for 35p and now it’s double that… deal with it.

Thank you Arya for the pleasant stay. I hope you liked the towel elephant I left in my room for you… sadly not my best work, but I was in a hurry! ;)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kyle R
Helsingborg, Skane Lan, Sweden
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 7 nights and was given a room on the 4th floor which was though to access since there are no elevator and the hotels common areas are not ventilated to it got really hot to take the stairs.
The staff is very friendly and gives good service so no complaints there.
The room was big (superior room) with a little balcony facing towards the backside of the hotel, this gave a good nights sleep without having to listen to the traffic. The bed was big and with a hard madress just like I want it, but I did have problems with the air condition it was simply not able to cool the room so it was very hot during the day and only in nighttime was the temperature at a level where you can breathe. I spoke with the owner the days checked out and he was a little upset that I hadn't complained about this, but hey I survived.
The location is good, you can walk to the beach in 10-12 minutes, Jungceylong shopping in 3 minutes and Bangla road in 6 minutes.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo