“Stayed at Apsara Residence for 5 Days…It was excellent”
Review of Apsara Residence

Apsara Residence
Ranked #135 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2012

After my 5 days stay at Apsara Residence I have been very pleased with the choice I made as its location is just as perfect as the overall accommodation experience. My good points for this place is: -Fast Wifi internet - Well Sized room- no extra fees for visitors – flat screen TV.

Even if I made my booking and posted my actual review on a different website I would like to point out the punctuality and overall freshness the cleaning service had on my stay, and even the residence Manager has personally made an effort to ensure the room cleaning is not over looked or forgotten.

If I would venture back to this excellent location I would only hope that my experience can be exceeded even more than my previous stay. Hopefully that will be soon.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are similar with Wooden interior design, Nice Wall Paintings, Flat screen TV al...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DErasmus

Reviewed 13 June 2012

My friend and I arrived very late (after midnight) after a long flight and were greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful staff member who showed us to our room with no hassle at all. Room was very clean, comfortable and modern. Bathroom and shower were not large but clean and tidy and suitable for 2 people sharing. Location is fantastic. Close to everything but far enough away from any noise from bars or clubs.

Staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. The owner greeted us one afternoon and asked us if we were comfortable and anything that we required.
For the amount we paid $15 AUD we could not have asked for more. Fantastic value for money and would definitely stay again if visiting Patong.

Room Tip: Request low floor as no lifts
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank polyserena
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Needed a place to crash for one night while awaiting a flight to Chiang Mai. Minibus driver knew location. Room was ok, clean, towels and toiletries provided. Safe in room that we didn't use. Balcony was big and had two chairs, however view mainly of air conditioner. Sound from Bangla Road did not bother me at all, two sets of doors protecting you from that. Cleanliness of shower could have been better, however wore flip flops and overall not the worst place considering the cost of $19USD per night.

If you want a decent place, close to the action without the thrills and fixings of a four star then this place is for you. Did see a cockroach on the main floor, however room was free of them.

Would pop in for a short stay in the future. Only concern would be front door staff sleeping in the "lobby" during the night, may have some safety issues for people who value that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Apsara Resident provide a bit of everything. It might not be the best accommodation around Pathong Beach area but within the price offered and a warm service by each of their staff, i put a high credit on that, they effort to give best service could be their most strength. The only thing i guess need to be improved is to reduce the noise from the outside at night...the double sliding temper glass door is helping but somehow the noise from the pub across the street is just to loud. Overall a good stay, clean bed and rooms. Hope to keep improving.

Room Tip: the only down part is when we take this tour to phi2 island (by travel from the airport not the hote...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I had to book a night here because my first-choice did not have any rooms available. I went thru many reviews on TripAdvisor before deciding on this hotel. But no regrets after a night here. It was a little dodgy but I survived! You can't pay peanuts and expect Banyan Tree :)

Most locals had not heard of Apsara Residence. Not to be confused with ASPARA Spa at the Holiday Inn. I had to show the airport-shuttle counter staff the address before they kinda knew where it was. Same thing with the van driver. So when I was dropped off on a small crowded street, I thought I was at the wrong address. If you blinked, you would surely miss the front desk. It was a small counter, kinda like the tour desks you see all around Patong. Check-in was quick and efficient. They handed you a password for WiFi access. The entrance to the lobby / rooms was behind the counter, which I found hilarious. Space was obviously a premium.

I was shown to a room on the first floor. Room was clean and comfortable with a decent bathroom. There was a tv and a stocked mini-fridge. One thing I liked was that they did not charge ridiculous prices for the drinks inside the fridge, as most classier hotels tend to do.

The hotel location is great. Jungceylon Mall and Bangla Road was right around the corner. The beach was probably about six minutes away. Everything else was nearby - food, massage parlours, tour counters, shopping. If you want an early night, do get some ear plugs or jam on your own headphones to block out the loud music which can go on into the wee-wee hours of morning.

Great location for people who want to party all night long and just need a decent place to crash. Not recommended for families or couples who want a romantic vacation.

For the price I paid on Agoda, I think I got great value for my money $$$

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank chubby_kei
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I have to say that this place is quite cosy and close to all the action. If you like to party up a bit and want to see this town...then apsara is a good choice as its close to everything. Its a short walk to the beach also by the way. Only downfall is that there is no lifts in the place. Putting that into context with the rest of Phuket..the other hotels/hostels havent lifts either (unless your willing to fork out ($150AUD+)...and if your happy to forgo those types of funds...then go for it otherwise. I had an issue with being on the higher floor during the stay...however I couldnt get the request of going to the lower floor due to an elderly lady needing a lower room. The boss of the place explained this to me and I was fine by it. We all have old family members that find it tough so I was cool with that. Overall the place is good for Phuket...but if your looking for 5 star apartments you'll need to fork out more for your stay while your here.
Please note that there is some very good pad thai nearby for 40 baht...which is like $1.70 in aussie money...Overall loving my stay so far and will be enjoying Petong beach some more. To good times!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bernard Š
Reviewed 2 December 2011

we had 2 nights here whilst travelling through,using as a stopover.The hotel was been revamped and is very modern.Good clean rooms and minutes walk from the main area.
The only downside is that it is close enough so that you can hear all the pubs/discos going on through the night-they ended at 6am one morning!If you're fater a quiet night in a hotel then dont stay here,other than that its fine

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple