“Lovely little hotel!”
Review of Apsara Residence

Apsara Residence
Ranked #126 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I really loved my stay at this hotel. It's a small hotel over 3 floors I believe. My room was spacious and clean. The staff were very polite and efficient. It's close to the noisy nightlife but far enough to be quiet especially once the balcony doors are shut. Beach towels were provided free everyday along with 2 free bottles of water. On checking out, they booked a really cheap minibus ride to the Airport for me.
Will I stay here again? Most definitely!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is about a block and a half from the famous Bangla Road. The people are friendly and the price is right. The rooms are very nice, good air conditioning, good water pressure and hot water even on the fourth floor, good internet. Bed was a little hard for my taste, but that's better than the the alternative. The lack of an elevator was an unfortunate surprise for someone in the 60-plus category like me, and there is no one there to help. Even though it is some distance from Bangla, Soi San Sabai has its own night time hotspots, and it can be noisy into the wee hours. But then, if that's why you plan to visit -- no problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

That hotel very good and clean and easy to go to the shopping center . The staff are friendly and room rate very good too. If u want to find nice hotel in Patong I recommend this hotel .
Hotel location easy to find and have many restaurant around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

"One night with us and you'll know why." That's the tagline this hotel uses to show their great services for customers.
Was staying in this hotel for couples of night and felt like home. The staffs were very friendly and helpful.
Room was spacious with aircond and bathroom attached to hot shower, international tv channels and comfortable bed and pillows.
The location is very good, strategically located 3 minutes walk to the Bangla Road where all the night attractions are ready for all travelers.
The owner was very delightful and helpful, he always give us suggestion or very good tips for anything I need pleasantly.
Never hesitate to stay in this hotel for another visit!
Very Recommended!

Room Tip: Book direct to its booking site will be easier and so many times got better price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

1. Great service: Kind & Friendly Boss & Staff: they gave us quite complete information (hotel T&C; location; bargaining skill; cheap & dining suggestion; the risk of rent a motorbike; n some others info) when we checking in.
2. The rooms is clean!
3. Great in price (VALUABLE)
4. Good location: everywhere are near (shopping center; beach side; restaurant ); near bangla street, but not that noise..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed here for a night, and the location is very good, walking distance to the main area. Didn't like that it was an hour drive from the Phuket airport, but that's not the hotels fault, just where the main area is. It's a small hotel on top of a pharmacy, so as it didn't look the nicest, the rooms were pretty decent and the staff was friendly. The downside is it can be quite noisy, as we could hear some club music going on outside the room. However, we checked out and went for breakfast, then came back to get our luggage and I had forgotten my passport and expensive camera in the room, and they gave it back to me right away, without me even asking! (I had not yet realised I had lost it). This made us very impressed with the hotel, as they saved me a lot of hassle and money! Loved that it was trust worthy, so stayed there again when we were in Phuket a couple days later. Its nothing fancy at all, but absolutely worth the $20 a night!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at the Apsara Residence for 7 nights in June. Overall our stay was good, it was reasonably priced and the day staff were really friendly. Good location and very clean rooms. We only had one negative that I think needs to be seriously addressed. One of Apsara's policies is that you must leave your key at reception every time you either go out or leave your room. When we were first told about this we were very hesitant leaving our key on the desk at reception but we did so. We were promised that someone would always be there to ensure no one took our key or had any access to our room. On our first night we had gone out for a few drinks and returned to Apsara at about 11pm, not only was the guard fast asleep but our key was on top of a bench in plain sight to the public. The guard didn't wake and we proceeded to grab our key and go to our room.

Along with our key there was 4 other keys. If I was a thief I could have robbed every single room in the space of 20 minutes whilst the guard was fast asleep. If Apsara is going to implement this policy they need to ensure one the guard is awake and not asleep and second of all keys are placed in a safe and out of sight from the public.

Overall I really did like Apsara but something seriously needs to be done about this other wise people are going to get a lot of things stolen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends