“only for back packer and night owls”
Review of Apsara Residence

Apsara Residence
Ranked #107 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
California
“only for back packer and night owls”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

it is mixed, I stayed there twice,

First night experience is horrible, many people are saying the owners are nice, true, but only at day time, if you come in late at night, it is an old guy there with foot on the table, and he could be your worst nightmare, and if he give you room 103 (with a punch hole on the door). baby, you are the lucky one with the punish room. and to the owner, if that guy is your dad, fix him, otherwise, get him fired

there's no elevator, so give yourself a little work out there
internet is fast, but only if you needs it

do not try to sleep at night due to its location, the music will be on the whole night, so grab a pair of ear plug if you stay there

Do not hope the airport transfer from them, get a taxi, at least it was not there for us

use the cup to cover the water drain hole, otherwise you will be choked with the horrible smells

Room Tip: if you have to stay here, get higher floor for: 1: good workout by going up floors, 2: better rooms...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gunter W, Owner at Apsara Residence, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding my hotel/residence and posting some pictures. Let me start with the positive note! I am glad you mention that the upstairs rooms are nicer, these are indeed our deluxe rooms, bathrooms remain small but are comparable sized with other 2/3* hotels at Patong Beach. For the readers let me also mention that the pictures you have posted are from our Deluxe Rooms. Except the door of room 103. This door was indeed damaged by one of my guests after a heavy night out and a conflict with his parter. A new door was immediately ordered and will be delivered within the next few days. I have no idea what happened about your airport transfer but if something went wrong I really would like to apologize myself for this. I will double check with my staff. The old man during the night time can indeed sometimes bring some irritation as his English language skill is very limited. I would love to inform everybody, if you discover any problem during the night time, ask him to contact me, I am happy to assist you all day and night. And I try to find the right medication to get him fixed, but unfortunately until now I didn't find the right pills. I took notice from all your remarks and will also ask my technician and housekeeping staff to investigate all rooms regarding the smell. Even I guess it was an isolated case because I haven't got any other remarks regarding this. Best Regards, Gunter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent! This is the right word to describe during my stay. The staffs were very friendly and most importantly, the owner was very informative and kind. I would rate it to 10/10 and definitely it was a perfect place to stay while you are in Phuket. It really surpassed my expectations. Amazing!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great clean hotel with friendly service. Close enough to bangla for the walk home but yet far enough to be quiet when all the noise continues on. The bed was great and the bathroom nice and big with excellent water pressure. A great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Expedia offered this hotel as '50% off' but I saw the walk in rates were the same as what I'd paid so I had expected a better hotel for the price.
Stairs leading up to the room smelt of old sweat or something like that.
When the room key gets taken out of the holder the air conditioning turns off so whenever I went out I always came back to a very hot little room.
Very noisy street noise coming into the room all night, I guess this is to be expected.
Lack of security - when you leave the room, they take your room key, place it on their desk. I think it would be quite easy for anyone to walk up, see the room list which is also nearby and ask for the appropriate room key.
The night receptionist who didn't speak much English said to me 'you bad man' cause I used my left over 10baht coins (about 8 of them) to pay him for the taxi I'd prebooked to take me to the airport. Maybe he doesn't know that coins are worthless outside of Thailand. He really didn't want the coins, as if they held less value or something but eventually he took them. Strange.
The guy doing the check in was fine.
Internet worked well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Gunter W, Owner at Apsara Residence, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, Travelers really like to know what is going on at the hotel they will or wanted to visit. Unfortunately the score you gave my business was below average what of course I regret. I would like to respond on some of your remarks. First of all the hotel was just totally repainted a few days before your arrival, even we used odorless paint there will always be some smell left behind. I would like to apologize for this. The air-conditioning we have in the room makes the room cool within 10 to 15 minutes but on a simple request we would be glad to hand over you an extra key so your room would be cool at any time you enter it. Same remark regarding the room key, we don't force our guests to leave the key at the reception, it is just for your own comfort. And there are CCTV cameras installed on every floor for yours and our safety. Thank you for mention that the check in went fluently and the internet worked well. It was me who did the check in :-) Sorry for some inconvenience, I hope we can do better for you next time. Gunter
London, UK
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I really loved my stay at this hotel. It's a small hotel over 3 floors I believe. My room was spacious and clean. The staff were very polite and efficient. It's close to the noisy nightlife but far enough to be quiet especially once the balcony doors are shut. Beach towels were provided free everyday along with 2 free bottles of water. On checking out, they booked a really cheap minibus ride to the Airport for me.
Will I stay here again? Most definitely!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is about a block and a half from the famous Bangla Road. The people are friendly and the price is right. The rooms are very nice, good air conditioning, good water pressure and hot water even on the fourth floor, good internet. Bed was a little hard for my taste, but that's better than the the alternative. The lack of an elevator was an unfortunate surprise for someone in the 60-plus category like me, and there is no one there to help. Even though it is some distance from Bangla, Soi San Sabai has its own night time hotspots, and it can be noisy into the wee hours. But then, if that's why you plan to visit -- no problem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Reviewed 15 September 2013

That hotel very good and clean and easy to go to the shopping center . The staff are friendly and room rate very good too. If u want to find nice hotel in Patong I recommend this hotel .
Hotel location easy to find and have many restaurant around.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Acca Patong
#14 of 407 in Patong
Rayaan Oriental Guest House
Rayaan Oriental Guest House
#549 of 1,020 in Phuket

Been to Apsara Residence? Share your experiences!