“Excellent Value”
Review of Lemongrass Hotel

Lemongrass Hotel
Ranked #16 of 408 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I did not stay there but came to eat every day as my friend was staying there. I saw the rooms and though small they were modern, clean with all amenities including wi fi and safe. The price was excellent at 600 Bhats per night (non tourist season) and the restaurant food was very good though not especially cheap. The staff were very friendly and offered great service. I would strongly recommend this hotel for budget travellers and even for those who are used to staying at more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get room at eh back away from road noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul W
There are newer reviews for Lemongrass Hotel

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at this wonderful hotel between the 24th of March until 27th March 2012. For the price at what it comes absolutely wonderful. I generally prefer staying only at 4 stars and above as I need a very clean room and an exceptionally clean toilet. But my wife suggested we stay at this hotel as the reviews on TripAdvisor were good and the photos looked clean and nice but the main reason was that i had no plans to stay at the hotel or room during the stay and so it would have been waste of money staying at a 4 or 5 star hotel. So I decided to take a chance and guess what? It was definately worth it. The staff was very nice and very helpful and tried to make everything as comfortable as possible for us. For the price I got this room at...I could not have asked for better!!! To be honest i have seen some 4 stars that are lower in standards than this hotel. The rooms were very clean and spacious, the bathroom spic & span, amazing food available at the hotel, you have an Indian restaurant just around the corner incase you decide to have some Indian food which is nice and not very expensive. This hotel also provides bike for rent which is also averagely priced and convenient as you dont need to deposit your passport coz I am not comfortable leaving my passport behind with strangers. I am not sure if this hotel had a Pool and Gym as I only came back at nights to sleep off but even if it had one I'm pretty certain it would be a decent one. Also hotel is fairly new. Location is excellent, its like in between Patong and Karon/Kata beaches so giving you easy access to either places that you would like to go to. Patong would be better for the nightlife (Pubs/Bar & Restaurants) but not the beach as it is slightly dirty (Not dirty as in dirty but just dirty due to the amount of tourists visiting there) and over populated with tourists from all over. If you want to enjoy at the beach then you must definately go to the beach either at Kata or Karon as both of them are very beautiful as compared to Patong and are less populated. Also this Hotel is very close to Jungceylon Mall, which is also a must visit. Even though you have bigger and better malls in India, i would still suggest going here atleast once as it is a different experience.

I must say though, if you plan on staying back in the room to relax and stuff, then look elsewhere as I dont think there is much to do at the hotel, infact i'm pretty sure there is not much to do. The view from the room is directly towards the main road...so not much of a view either.

Well I hope I have given all TripAdvisor reader's what they want to know about this Hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends/family and will definately go back to this hotel on my next visit.

Once again, extremely clean hotel, amazing price, very good and friendly staff!!! All in all 10 out of 10 for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SunilSaldanha
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights back in December, we found it good value for money and also very helpful and friendly staff.
We had a room on the first floor at the top of the stairs, with a view to the front of the hotel.
A good selection of food and drinks were available o the menu with a happy hour also. Located next door is a 7/11 convenience store and another just 50 yards up the road.
The beach is about a 10 minute walk away. All in all, we had a pleasant stay in a slightly quieter area of town

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elspecial1
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Found this little hotel on booking.com it was very reasonably priced and had received good reviews so we gave it a try and was not disappointed. The staff were excellent so friendly and helpful, food was great and reasonably priced only a ten minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We (my son and me) stayed 3 days in the lemongrass. We choose this hotel at is a little bit outside of the noicy patong and by bike you can reach the nice beaches more south very easy. The restaurant in the front is very thai style and they serve very good food for a low price.
The reception operated 24 h and all staff is nice and helpful. The rooms are a bit small but for this low price a very good deal. Room service is excellent and we had very day 2 free bottles of water in the frigde. Bathroom is easy but very large.
We can only recommend you to stay in the lemongrass. It was a pleasure!
Wernher & Alex
PS: outside you have a cheap and reliable bike rent and a family market open 24 h!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wernher K
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in Feb '12 and it is a really nice, well kept hotel. The rooms are very big and light with lovely dark wooden furnishings and nice modern decor. The location was good for us as even though it was a little noisy at night you can still sleep and its only a 5-10 min walk to where all the action is. The only negative experience was when we bought breakfast from the hotel cafe and my partner ordered a full english which came with half of it missing, when he politely asked the waitress if he could have the whole thing as its stated on the menu after loads of waiting around she said they didn't have those items in so he said he would leave it and have something else and to our surprise she actually sighed and stormed off in a huff! We found the service at the cafe quite poor on other occasions but that was the only negative thing and we would stay there again as its a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2fatpigs
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The rooms are big and clean, the staff are very helpful, and the food is great!

But it's a bit far from both the beach and downtown Patong. If you like walking though, you can take a 10 minute stroll to the beach, or about 10-15 minute walk downtown.

The hotel is not hard to find, it's close to Simon Cabaret. And it's a really good value for the money!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple