“Great meal great people”
Review of Lemongrass Hotel

Lemongrass Hotel
Ranked #11 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Great meal great people”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We found this very friendly spotless clean reastraunt on our last night and it was by far the BEST meal we had in the 7 days in Patong, the owner went out of his way to be obliging and helpfull. A bit out of the way but this is compancated by the meal and service , keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Didn't stay there only ate
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobanne46

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Khartoum, Al Khartum, Sudan
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Upon arrival, we were greated by utmost hospitatlity and care from staff. All our requirements taken care of immediately. Location just perfect, a few minutes walk from the beach, right next to a FamilyMart, a spa and fitness centre, taxi service and Jungceylon mall with a cinema. Hotel's restaurant had numerous mouthwatering dishes. We recommend the pancakes, chicken schnitzel, and Thai food; all actually, very deeelicious!
Hotel can arrange a number of outtings. Excellent Wifi network coverage. The Manager is a fine young lady who orchestrated everything.
4 generations of us stayed for 7 night and were grateful for the treatment of my father (86 years old) and my grand-daughter (2 years old).
This is the place to stay when in Phuket..

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony have a lovely view and are airy with plenty of light. From there you can see th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ilham A
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights ... one of the best value hotel in town. The room was clean n quite new. Really good Wifi...Very tasty meals. The staff was very helpful and friendly .... All good ;). It's not a beach front hotel, but just 10 mins walk and easy to go to Kata or Karon beach if u hav a bike which u can rent from the hotel in very good deal.

We look forward to our next visit ... hopefully very soon

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kittirach
Gold coast
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I did not stay there but came to eat every day as my friend was staying there. I saw the rooms and though small they were modern, clean with all amenities including wi fi and safe. The price was excellent at 600 Bhats per night (non tourist season) and the restaurant food was very good though not especially cheap. The staff were very friendly and offered great service. I would strongly recommend this hotel for budget travellers and even for those who are used to staying at more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get room at eh back away from road noise
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul W
Bangalore
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at this wonderful hotel between the 24th of March until 27th March 2012. For the price at what it comes absolutely wonderful. I generally prefer staying only at 4 stars and above as I need a very clean room and an exceptionally clean toilet. But my wife suggested we stay at this hotel as the reviews on TripAdvisor were good and the photos looked clean and nice but the main reason was that i had no plans to stay at the hotel or room during the stay and so it would have been waste of money staying at a 4 or 5 star hotel. So I decided to take a chance and guess what? It was definately worth it. The staff was very nice and very helpful and tried to make everything as comfortable as possible for us. For the price I got this room at...I could not have asked for better!!! To be honest i have seen some 4 stars that are lower in standards than this hotel. The rooms were very clean and spacious, the bathroom spic & span, amazing food available at the hotel, you have an Indian restaurant just around the corner incase you decide to have some Indian food which is nice and not very expensive. This hotel also provides bike for rent which is also averagely priced and convenient as you dont need to deposit your passport coz I am not comfortable leaving my passport behind with strangers. I am not sure if this hotel had a Pool and Gym as I only came back at nights to sleep off but even if it had one I'm pretty certain it would be a decent one. Also hotel is fairly new. Location is excellent, its like in between Patong and Karon/Kata beaches so giving you easy access to either places that you would like to go to. Patong would be better for the nightlife (Pubs/Bar & Restaurants) but not the beach as it is slightly dirty (Not dirty as in dirty but just dirty due to the amount of tourists visiting there) and over populated with tourists from all over. If you want to enjoy at the beach then you must definately go to the beach either at Kata or Karon as both of them are very beautiful as compared to Patong and are less populated. Also this Hotel is very close to Jungceylon Mall, which is also a must visit. Even though you have bigger and better malls in India, i would still suggest going here atleast once as it is a different experience.

I must say though, if you plan on staying back in the room to relax and stuff, then look elsewhere as I dont think there is much to do at the hotel, infact i'm pretty sure there is not much to do. The view from the room is directly towards the main road...so not much of a view either.

Well I hope I have given all TripAdvisor reader's what they want to know about this Hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends/family and will definately go back to this hotel on my next visit.

Once again, extremely clean hotel, amazing price, very good and friendly staff!!! All in all 10 out of 10 for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SunilSaldanha
Midlands
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights back in December, we found it good value for money and also very helpful and friendly staff.
We had a room on the first floor at the top of the stairs, with a view to the front of the hotel.
A good selection of food and drinks were available o the menu with a happy hour also. Located next door is a 7/11 convenience store and another just 50 yards up the road.
The beach is about a 10 minute walk away. All in all, we had a pleasant stay in a slightly quieter area of town

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elspecial1
Scotland
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Found this little hotel on booking.com it was very reasonably priced and had received good reviews so we gave it a try and was not disappointed. The staff were excellent so friendly and helpful, food was great and reasonably priced only a ten minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple