“Nice budget boutique hotel”
Review of Lemongrass Hotel

Lemongrass Hotel
Ranked #8 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Dhaka
“Nice budget boutique hotel”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We selected the hotel after reading the reviews from tripadvisor and it doesn't disappoint us. Very nice budget hotel at near Patong beach. 7/11 and family mart are very close. The room decoration is also very nice and fully equipped with all basic needs. Staffs were helpful. 5-8 minuts walk to the patong beach and 15-20 minutes walk to the junglecon mall. Will like to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saifun_Nabi

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We've selected this hotel randomly, as we just have quick searched and find out that this hotel is cheap and have good remarks, we didn't even know about the amenities and services.
Once we arrived to hotel, we can say that "oh, this is simply hotel", then we meet the staff who is friendly and nice, he gave us some information about Phuket.
Then we've met our room, and its quite simply but clean. At that time, we found out that there is a problem with air conditioner, so we asking the staff to do something with our room. The staff was very responsible, he gave us room upgrade with free of charge, we are so glad and feel lucky! Here we think this hotel is more than our expectation.
We stayed there 3 days, it's not really close with the tourism destination, but it's not a big deal since we can rent a motor bike. To give an ideas, it will take 15 minutes by walk to go to Jungceylon Mall.
We ate at the restaurant as well, delicious but lil' bit expensive.
Rest of all, we are satisfied with this simply-great-hotel! and will recommend anyone to stay here...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank amelup
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I recently went to thailand for the first time on a holiday trip alone and I chose to stay at the Lemongrass hotel for 10 days. First and foremost, I was attracted about the good reviews and comments posted on their website.I have been working in the travel industry for a few years and I can certainly say that the Lemongrass hotel is very good value for money, the rooms are comfortable with balcony in most, very clean, wifi very fast, the air con was always working properly.
The restaurant bar caffee offers great food worth the price that is why I had breakfast, lunch and diner there most of the times but I did also dine out just to see the difference.I was still very happy to use all the facilities offered at the Lemongrass hotel.
Terry, the owner, whom I have not known personally for a few years, was very welcoming and made my holiday feel very special and enjoyable.The hotel is also close to all the main amenities.I used the gym opposite the hotel which was great or if you fancy going to the main talk about beach in the area whcih is called "Patong beach", it will take you about 10 mns walk but it is pretty much busy,vibrant and noisy there all the times that is why it was convenient that I stay somewhere a bit further away from the beach at least and the Lemongrass was definitely the ideal place.I hired a scooter directly from the hotel to be able to visit some other places i.e other beaches without the need to take a taxi each time.Again hiring a scooter there for 24h was very cheap.The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable so this definitely made my stay lots easier.And if you ever decide to stay and enjoy the great facilities that the Lemongrass has to offer, please do not forget to book one of their amazing tour packages directly from the reception.I went to Phi Phi island, a choice recommended, but what an incredible and wonderful experience!!!I would definitely recommend to anyone if ever they are thinking of visiting Phuket in the near future, to stay at the Lemongrass Hotel, specially to those on a tight budget!!!No need to book elsewhere......
And once again a big thank you to all the member of staff at the Lemongrass Hotel for their friendliness as well as for making my stay there unforgettable....see you soon again next Year!!!

Good luck!!!

Freddy

Room Tip: Book a room on the opposite side of the street.I guess there are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ftmltd
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We spent four nights @Lemongrass and most definitely enjoyed ourselves. Location is great, a few minutes walk from Patong beach and a number of restaurants. Rooms are simple but comfy and perfect for budget travelers. Plenty of services available: motorbike rental, restaurant and tour services, all reasonably priced and conveniently added to our check at no extra charge and without any deposit (passport or otherwise).
Terry and Domo took great care of us and provided us with plenty of tips. Always available and constantly smiling, we thank them very much for these few days.
We highly recommend this hotel to all travelers looking to stay in Phuket on a limited budget but wishing to enjoy all the wonders the island has to offer.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms do not have windows. Keep that in mind when booking. Although given the location...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matt G
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I spent 5 nights here. Staff was excellent, hotel was clean and the food was great, I ate at the restaurant daily. Affordable and delicious. The staff very welcoming and helpful. The hotel location is easily accessible to town and the beach. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank RusticHolt
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 October 2012

we, me and my female girl come here Phuket many times,it not so far from my hometown Bangkok but each time come here for different feelings, Lemongrass Hotel got a super location, our room was very big, clean & comfortable view to out side, the bathroom was well-equipped for both of us. ALso hotel Just fews mins to the beach nearby. They own a nice restaurant where meet all guest request, staffs always ask for something to help, they were really nice & helpful in work.

Room Tip: not so far from the busy beach, but you can choose on a high loor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raak k
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Excellent hotel to stay in. My friend and I stayed in this hotel for three nights but could have stayed longer.The rooms are immaculate and very clean. The hotel staff are friendly and will help you anyway they can. Its only a 10 min walk to the beach and it is not in the busy loud area which is perfect even though it is a short walk from all the restaurants and bars. I thoroughly recommend staying in Lemongrass Hotel you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends