“Convenient and that is all” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemongrass Hotel

Lemongrass Hotel
Ranked #8 of 396 Patong B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Convenient and that is all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

I needed to book a cheap hotel for 2 nights from my arrival back from Similan Islands and my flight to Bangkok. This hotel was cheap, reasonably convinient and the rooms comfortable. If I was coming on a holiday I wouldn't choose to stay here as its still a relatively long walk to the beach, Bangla road and jungceylon but for a 2 night business stay it was fine. My balcony had a 2 inch gap between the end of it and a brick wall so not really a view or anything but not the end of the world. Restaurant food was overpriced for tiny portions. This is something that only posh, expensive, branded restaurants can get away with, not here. Rather annoying how unhelpful staff were when I needed to get to the airport by 5am the next morning but at least they let me check out.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
goa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

On our first day at Phuket, we were hungry and wanted to eat some decent food in a decent place. We were staying at Citin Plaza at Patong, it was just two minutes from the hotel. The food was delicious. We tried a lot of Thai dishes.. An awesome experience . It's value for money kind of joint .. Must try !!

• Stayed April 2013
Phuket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed at the lemon grass hotel during a one night stay in patong for thai new year water festival. the town was crazy, and there was nothing to do that particular weekend other than drink and get wet. however, the hotel was superb for the purpose we needed it for. the room was clean with modern decor and the en suite shower room was great. there was no window in our room however, but all we needed was a bed for the night. the price was also very reasonable - 600 baht. the staff were friendly in the restaurant below, which served food in line with the pricing of the hotel. pleasant none the less. i would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We checked in on 7th April and stayed 1 night here. Early check in and late check out for free. Got upgraded to deluxe room (with balcony) without even asking for it. Clean, spacious room. The front desk was very helpful. 7-10mins walk to Patong beach. Free Wifi and computers to use internet. Not too noisy because the area is mostly made up of hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrade if they do not offer you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

we stay in the standard room, it is very clean and tidy.. And all the staffs was kind enough when requested for checked in earlier as we reach on 8am. The location is very near to the 7eleven and family mart which is open 24 hrs. This brought us convenience however it is quiet far from the center of the Patong which is around jungceylon mall. We used 20mins to walk to there and the beach is also about 20mins.. The taxi over here all start with price 200baht, which we think that is quiet expensive by just bringing us to there in about 3 mins.. Hopefully there will be own taxi or mini bus provided to improve your service at great value. In overall, I am very happy with all the staffs and service here :-)

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

A short walk from the hustle and bustle of Patong Beach... Lemongrass was lovely.
Our room was beauifully presented upon our arrival with a scattering of rose petals on the bed and the bed itself was jus the right side of firm and at least 6' wide.

We were greeted upon our arrival and each morning by friendly pleasant staff and nothing was too much trouble, from being loaned free beach towels to booking taxis and domestic flights via the reception desk.

The communal areas are exceptionally clean and there is free WiFi throughout which worked perectly. You also have to option of two desktop computers in the lobby.

Overall I would rate the Lemongrass as Excellent.

Highly recommeded

J Francis

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Did a whole lot of research before I decided where to stay in Patong...

And my intuition was right, again...

...Lemongrass is a superb B&B, perfectly located, 45 mins from Phuket intl. Airport and about 15 mins walking to Bangla road (the happening place in Patong) and 15 mins to Patong Beach.

3 room categories to choose from, Standard, Superior and Deluxe. I wasn't sure when I booked...is it worth spending a little more for. deluxe room ? I guess yes...apparently the standard rooms are without windows...and the extra 300 baht are not a big deal anyways...
My room (502) on the 5th floor with balcony, facing the main road was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. The air condition was a bliss:) the bed was good in size, mattress comfy and linen / towels changed daily if u wanted to...

Coffee and tea making facility included as well as water in the room. WIFI was working very well and very fast. The food down in the restaurant was aroy (yummy) thai food( I only ate thai food there) hello? Iam in Thailand, and who would order a Schnitzel in Phuket??!? But they do serve European food there as well.
My favorite was the green curry, morninglory, papaya salad, pad thai... Thanks to the chefs in the kitchen MAR and AYE, fantastic job guys !

The waiters BOY and DORLA were always polite and friendly, always there for a chat and recommendations:)
ARLEE helped me a lot by arranging a late check out, and ensured that I had a pleasant stay.
DOMO the receptionist is such a nice and professional guy. He helped me booking a trip to Koh Phi Phi, suggested me to visit the weekend market, gave me directions and showed genuine interest to make my stay a wonderful one.

There's a Family Mart (grocery store) right next to the Hotel as well as a Scooter rental (250 Baht per day= 6€)

My day trip to Phi Phi was 1000 Bhat = 25€, that was just awesome, I had a great time, don't miss visiting Bamboo Island there (hidden gem) ;)

A pity I haven't met Terry (the owner or manager) would have been a pleasure thanking him personally for such a wonderful stay !!

Amazing value for your money, don't check for other places in Patong, you won't leave Lemongrass disappointed :)

Have fun !!

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra Bhat for a Deluxe room :)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo