“If you were not demandable.. you will like it !”

The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites
Ranked #125 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Dubai
“If you were not demandable.. you will like it !”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked over Internet, and it was nice welcoming for me. The hotel looks newely built, the room which I stayed from 15- 20 of April in-304- is well prepared with brand-new appiliances.. everything the guest may need is there. The bathroom is always ready to have a hot shower, aircondition is very quiet and cold enough. The swimming pool on the rooftopIt has pretty nice views of the Patong area. Breakfast was pretty delightful everyday.. so delicious :-)
The hotel location is good; you can go walking to Jangceylon mall, and the Bazzars (all kinds of staff !) around for (shopping)!... Alas, most drivers don't know the hotel location; big problem??? may be unsucceful marketing? Local amenities like groceries+local food available nearby.. It is close to all the major and minor attractions in the area.
Friendly and attentive staff.. especially receptionist Pook and manager Nok; I could know many about Thai traditions and folks from them.. and were very helpful. (thanks).
- I think I got the hotel at a relatively good price; so I would be keen to stay again in it.

Yaqdhan Mustafa- Dubai

Room Tip: Choose a room which has a mountain view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Yaqdhan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My friends and I (4 of us) stayed at Citrus Heights for a short 2D2N weekend trip to Phuket in a 2-bedroom suite

The good things about the hotel:
- The hotel's relatively new and so were the facilities.
- Breakfast was pretty delightful.
- Service was excellent; the staff were willing to help us with little problems here and there
- I like the pool and sundeck on the rooftop of the hotel. It has pretty nice views of the Patong area
- I got the hotel at a relatively good price (opening special) for the suite
- Local amenities like groceries+local food available nearby

The not-so-good things:
- Location wasn't very ideal, as it was relatively far from the beach (we walked for about 20-30 min to Patong Beach) and also from the Jungceylon Shopping Centre (another 15min walk). Tuktuks cost about 200baht per trip
- Hotel finishes were less than ideal, given that it's marketed as a boutique hotel. For eg our toilet door couldn't close properly. Given that we got the room at a good rate, I'm not sure if it's value for money at the much higher rates they are charging now.
- The room suite was also designed in an elongated way such that the only natural light into the room was found in the two bedrooms, making the living room/kitchen area rather dark

I must add that we enjoyed the trip at Citrus Heights. If however you want a more centralised location, I wouldn't really recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors if you want to have better views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank wangwe
london
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Citrus Heights is not ready for customers! It “opened” in Feb due to lack of funds. On the outside it looks great, modern clean design, good location, however the customer relationship is appaling. Half of them hardly speak any english and the other half, the ruder half, is only interested in getting as much money out of you as possible, totally oblivious about the fact that without us customers they wont get paid. Our 1st night room was on 6th floor on the corner towards the street and around 11pm we got the shock of loud music blarring from the hotel opposite. The soundproofing in the hotel is shocking. After a sleepless night we got woken up by the construction site works literally opposite the hotel. The following 2 nights we maneged to change the room to the back of the hotel and it was much quieter. The hotel finishes is appaling, it looks good from 2m away, however look closely and you’ll see bad work being done everywhere. The pool is nice but get there early as not enough sun lounges. The buffet breakfast is good and the room service food is excellent. It could have been a great hotel if they werent so greedy and rude and paid more attention to detail. Be careful of small print on your booking. Ours said free soft drinks and beers, however that meant only 2 soft drinks and 2 beers for the entire stay, to be consumated within 24hrs upon arriaval and only in the restaurant, despite clearly saying on our boking “in-room free soft drinks and beers”. Upon check-out (very early in the morning) the receptionist had the cheek to make us wait while she went all the way up to 8th floor to check in our room if we used anything from the bar. Then she argued for 10mins that we should pay for our 2 soft drinks and 2 beers we thought came free as we had them – wait for it – in the room. I pointed to the written booking saying in-room but she just kept yelling and demanding we pay. Due to our flight getting dangerously close, we paid and left. Never again.

Room Tip: yeah, choose another hotel altogether! Oh, and the last night we were there there was a huge storm a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank oliver p
Claude B, General Manager at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to post a review. Your feedback is very important and valuable for us.

I am very sorry to read that there were quite a few shortcomings with the services and facilities while you were staying with us. We have a system in place which normally ensures that guest’s concerns are passed on to management during their stay so we can look addressing these where possible. I do apologize for this to have failed while you were staying with us and that we not have a chance to address at least some of the issues.

The general feedback about our rooms and amenities is very good and in line or even superior if compared with other hotels of a similar standard. We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

This is generally a quiet area of Patong but unfortunately some hotels and buildings nearby occasionally play music until late. This is however the exception and not the norm. There are no areas in or around the center of Patong where one could really avoid this completely. I am sorry if the noise accumulated with the finishing works of a building next door. Please understand that this is out of our direct control and works on that building are completed now.

We have since your visit added more sunbeds to the swimming pool area.

I have well noted your comments in regards to our staff at the reception and also about the confusion in regards to the mini-bar inclusions. This was unfortunately explained in a different way on different pages and it caused some issues which have now been addressed. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and please be assured that I am personally looking into the quality of the service provided at the reception.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the points you mentioned and please be assured that I continue to work hard with the team to have all issues resolved.

Please do let us know when your travel plans bring you back to Patong so we can update you on the progress we make. We are convinced that we will be able to provide with a much better experience.

Claude Baltes

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We booked three rooms at this new hotel for a family holiday. The hotel building is very modern, but spartan as, contrary to what you may see on the net, there are no carpets or rugs on floors, no pictures on the walls, no plants or greenery.

We thought that being a new hotel, everything would work well but, in our room, we found that our air conditioner was very noisy, the clock didn't work, the water pressure in the shower was very poor, and the verandah door wouldn't lock. For a brand new hotel, one would expect better. However, these problems were rectified during the first day with the exception of the poor water flow.

Also, as part of our package, it was stated in the promotional adverts on the net, AND in the booking confirmation we received that soft drinks and beer are free. It was the same for all three rooms. However, when we checked out two of our party, the free drinks were disputed and they claimed that it was only for the first day that they were free. This IS NOT what was stated on their website, nor did it in any way resemble what was written on our confirmation. Since we didn't drink much, we ended up paying for it anyway as we just didn't want to spoil our stay with an argument. over it.

In our son's room, there was no hot water. So, they despatched a maintenance engineer to check it out. He pulled out part of the ceiling, had a look, fiddled around and then left saying he would be back in a few minutes, but never returned. My son was then left with no water at all. After some protest, another person came a few hours later and restored a trickle of water, but it was cold. No hot water for a shower. Our son had to shower in one of our other rooms, and as I write this review, the problem is still not fixed. He was given an estimate of two days to fix it.

Quite apart from the issues with the hotel, the other problem is that the hotel is located a fair way away from where everything happens in Patong, and a fair way away from the beach. So, be prepared to walk a lot, or pay for a Tuktuk.

On a positive note, the breakfasts were nice.

Definitely would not stay here again. This is our sixth stay in Phuket, and the hotel rates at the bottom of the list when compared to the others we've stayed in.

Room Tip: No good views from any side of the building. Only one lift which carries five people, so it can some...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Simsy1951
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to post a review. Your feedback is very important for us. Thank you for sharing it with others.

I have well noted your comments in regards to the confusion in regards to the mini-bar inclusions. This was unfortunately explained in a different way on different pages and it caused some issues which have now been addressed. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

I have noted your comments on the technical defects in your room. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and also for not having handled the situation any better.

Many thanks for your nice comments about our breakfast.

We do offer a shuttle bus for our guests to the beach and to the nearby shopping center.

I am sorry that we have not been able to provide you and your family with a better experience and that we did not have a chance to address more of the issues while you were staying with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and please be assured that I continue to work hard with the team to have all issues resolved.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here with my family from 25th - 29th March. The hotel arranged airport transfer for the 5 of us at 1200baht, single trip. We booked the family room which was huge!! An apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a dinning area. Equipped with washing machine/dryer (handy for long stay) and microwave (great when you pack food from the street stalls along bangla, just opposite the shopping mall) and a huge refrigerator (be sure to stock up on beer). Both bathrooms come with shower and bathtubs. Every room comes with a television and there's another one in the living area. There's a daybed/couch in the living room (can sleep another person).

The hotel is located between the beach and mall. The hotel do provide shuttle bus service to both (beach & mall) at a 4-hourly interval. It is about 15mins walk to either. If you prefer to take a tuk tuk, its about 200baht per trip. Or rent a motorbike for 200baht per day.

There's a roof-top pool if you prefer to chill out at the hotel instead. The bar is not ready though. Pool towels are provided in the room, you can pack them to the beach to lined the lounge chairs (100baht per chair for the entire day till 5.30pm). Breakfast was good, though the selection was few but the hotel did try to change their menu everyday. It is decent.

I enjoyed my stay and will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with 4pax and above, its great value for money to opt for the family suite...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in march.Very nice rooms as its still brand new. Nice design and comfortable size. The first room i was given was a corner room which has an extra window. But little thought was given to the kind of blinds they use, its yellow and light comes thru in the morning which make it impossible to sleep! I had to improvise by covering it up with towels. But light still comes in.
The bathroom were of a very comfortable size. But the water pressure when you shower is a joke! Its so light that it hardly makes a sound when you shower. And you got to wait quite awhile for the water to get warm. Showering was a real chore.
The last two days i stayed there was raining so had to stay in. The T.V channels were really not up to par if you speak english. Most channels were in thai and no movie channels to speak of. Quite a few english news channels,but this is not a business hotel so i dont think you need that many. Some movie channels were dubbed in thai. Some the reception was so bad you cant see anything.
The hotel offers free Wi-Fi which is great. But you will have to log-in every few minutes if you dont use it! I hope the management can fix this. Its really irritating to constantly have to type in password and id up to 30 times a day. I think its a simple problem that can be solved. I go to restaurants and cafes in patong for dinner and their wi-fi is better!
On the plus, most of the staff there were really pleasant and service was quite good! Breakfast was not grand but enough for a small hotel. They bother to change up some dishes from day to day which was appreciated.
I really think this hotel has potential to be the best in its class if they can just sort out the few cons and continue to pay attention to details(which is the mark of all great hotels).I hope the management can take time to address the issues. Given the few rants, i would still recommend this hotel if you looking for a place at this price in patong cuz they are still so new.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank alvin s
Claude B, General Manager at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Sir,

I am sorry to read that there were quite a few shortcomings with the services and facilities while you were staying with us. Please be assured that I continue to work hard with the team to have these matters resolved soon. Please allow me to give you a short update on the points you mentioned.

The small window in the corner rooms are now being covered with a screen to prevent sunlight from entering the room. We are checking the water pressure in all the rooms as some rooms experience lower pressure than others. We have identified the issue and we are now rectifying this. Our current TV channel selection is temporary and we will soon change to satellite programs which offer a better selection of English language channels and the reception will improve as well. In he meanwhile, we are fine-tuning the reception of the existing channels. We are also working on the Internet stability and this has already improved on some floors.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the above items.

We are pleased to read that in general you did enjoy your stay with us. Please do let us know when your travel plans bring you back to Patong so we can update you on the progress we
make.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Citrus Hotel is brand new. So much so that finishing touches where still being carried out. It is located close to everything you want yet not so close as to be IN YOUR FACE as soon as you step outside. This Hotel offers great value for many. Large clean comfortable rooms. Free Wifi. Great breakfast. Fabulous ROOFTOP pool and Bar. This will be even better as soon as the shading area is finished. Friendly and attentive staff......each and everyone of them. Once this Hotel gets established you wont see the $50-$60 dollar a night deals any more. So if you are in Patong and want to stay in a relaxed quiet place that is just a little off the main strip then this place is a must. I doubt you will be disappointed. This hotel was a highlight as far as accommodation goes. TRY IT !!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple