“pleasant stay :-)”

Ranked #122 of 321 Hotels in Patong
New Delhi, India
“pleasant stay :-)”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

the staff of the citrus heights was really helpful and always smiling,,,, the stay at the hotel was comfortable and reasonable and the additional services provided were also good, the breakfast there was also good and a number of varieties were served to enjoy......... overall it was a pleasant stay for us....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Dnegi3000,
We really appreciate you taking a time to share the experience on your stay in Citrus Heights Patong. Thank you very much for good rating! We are glad to know your stay was pleasant and comfortable.
We hope you will come and visit us again soon – we are always happy to provide exceptional service you truly deserve and let me know if you need any special arrangements, so we can make your stay even more memorable!
Warmest Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel room appeared nice on first inspection, however on a closer look you could see signs of wear and tear like long term mold in the shower, chipped corners on beds and tables, broken lights and a balcony door that could not be locked. Staff were very helpful and polite and breakfast was great. It was a fair 15-20 minute walk to the beach and even further if you preferred to walk the way that had a proper road and not a muddy alley.

Room Tip: Check when the shuttle buses to the beach come. The air conditioner outside makes drying clothes bor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank brismedic
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Brismedic,
Thank you for choosing Citrus Heights Patong for your recent holiday in Phuket and for the review on TripAdvisor.
We are glad you enjoyed our service and good breakfast. We also appreciate all your comments about our hotel facilities. We are very sorry if you had experience facing some defects in your room; usually our staff takes care about furniture’s renewal and repair room facilities on time.
It was a pleasure welcoming you to the Land of Smiles; we really hope you will choose Citrus Heights Patong for your next visit to Phuket.
If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com

Kind Regards,
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My partner and I stayed for 7 nights.
The service from all staff members was great. They were all very helpful and polite.
Our room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast buffet every morning was good. Quite good selection of different foods. Loved the fresh fruits.
Wifi, tv and air conditioner all worked really well.
Our overall experience was very positive. Even though it was just the two of us we saw a lot of families and the young children seemed to love it.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend to our friends and family back in Australia.

1 Thank KDDalleNogare
Dear KDDalleNogare,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some candid feedback on your stay with us. It warms our hearts to know you enjoyed your stay at Citrus Heights Patong! Thank you for mention of our friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms and good breakfast. We are glad that for your holiday with partner you chose our hotel and had pleasant overall experience.
Please come and visit us again, either with friends, family or your couple – we will make sure you have an amazing stay and exceptional service.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,
Malaysia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I and my partner were stayed for 3nights here. The room is clean, tidy and nice. The service also good. The staffs are polite and always assist to give us a direction even thought the security guard is good to help us get a tuk tuk in the raining day. (He walked in the raining to call the tuk tuk and just asked us to stand inside to avoid kiss by rain) We are appreciate the guard...thank you.
Citrus located at Nanoi Soi 8, walk distance from Junceylon is around 15 to 20 mins and will pass by Bangla Road & Patong Beach (depend which direction you choose). The way of walking will not be bored, because we can see a lots of shops and restaurants and a little roadside stall. For those interest for "Sweet lemon grass" massage shop, there is quite near from Citrus, that only take around for 5-10mins walking time.
For the buffet breakfast, the choice not much as compare to the big hotel, but there is already enough for us to pretty our stomach :). Citrus also offer the "Thai Cooking Class" that is perfect to us because i got chance to try my partner cooking (some more is first time). We are thank to Chef Tony that teaching and patient to guide us to cook the thai foods. My partner really love the session and the professional guide by Chef Tony.
The room are big and clean, just the bed is too soft, believe that the spring had spoil for one side (left hand side) but we still can slept tight haha...
Overall i love this hotel and service. Wish to visit again. Thanks for Citrus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Chen83,
Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor and sharing your great experience on your stay in Citrus Heights Patong! We are so much happy to be able to provide you exceptional stay and great service.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your days in Patong beach as well. Our hotel does provide opportune location, which easily allows our guest to travel around, have good shopping, sightseeing and enjoy all the things Patong has to offer.
I have gladly shared your comments with our Chef Tony. Thai Cooking Class is very popular among our foreign guests, we are very pleased you had great day and enjoyed your new experience cooking Thai food.
Please feel free to contact us directly for any assistance you may have prior placing a new booking thus making your stay with us even more memorable.
Thank you once again, we really hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel was beyond my expectations! Easy access to public transportation, near to beach and restaurants! There's a lot of short cut from the hotel to everywhere! Even to Kata beach only takes me 5-10 minutes! You can rent a bike at a guest house that's beside the hotel, and it's just only 10 seconds walking distance! Can try to bargain with them, 200 bahts per day! ;) it's consider cheap! This hotel provide fast Internet and nice breakfast! Their staffs are good and efficient! Nice smile and do works fast, check in and out are just in a minute! Anyway, I was happy to stay here for 2 nights! ;)

Dear JackyMong,
Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to know that you had a really good stay in our Citrus Heights Patong! I will transfer your compliments to our staff – it’s very important to us to know that you enjoyed our service, and of course we are always glad to hear praise from our guests.
It was truly a pleasure hosting you on your recent visit to Phuket, we very much look forward to your return.
Warm Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I book in 23 Nov. now still stay in here till 26 Nov. we family of 2 adult 2 kids stay 2nd floor, we request high floor but not available, but our room at 2nd floor is very nice too with branded washing machine....I love the washing machine, my son love the oven my husband love the free wifi here, lobby and 2nd floor wifi powerful. very nice sleep last night.fantastic room.instruction note in room very clear. I visit the roof top swimming pool last night, look wonderful but raining day, hopefully this 2 day good weathercan swim at the pool. now eating breakfast, wow Nice display n delicious food. so fast I can see most visitor here are euro people only we are Chinese. later we will take the hotel free bus to shopping. provider 4 times schedule per day go and return. will update again....

• Stayed November 2013
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Yanni77,
We wish that you had more time to spend with us in Phuket. We are happy that you chose our Deluxe room for your family and that you liked our amenities. I appreciate the mention of our beautiful pool and we do hope you had chance to swim and relax there during your last days in our Citrus Heights Patong! Thanks for staying with us and sharing your pleasant experience!
Please visit us again and feel free to contact us directly for any assistance you may have prior placing a new booking thus making your stay with us even more memorable.
Kind Regards & Best Wishes,
New York
Reviewed 18 November 2013

After a long flight I was looking forward to settling into an inviting room for a good sleep and a new day ahead. I was booked to stay for 7 days. The next day I was checking out before noon ready to go anywhere else but this place.

On arrival, we were met by a surly receptionist - but since this was so late in the day, I would not hold it against her, perhaps she needed some good sleep.

Getting to the room, it became clear that Citrus Heights is a child of current Phuket tourist boom - a quickly thrown together accommodation with shoddy workmanship all around. Not that it matters to a good stay, but there was not a single straight line in any of the carpentry in the room. Everything seems to have been cut out by hand by 5th graders and glued with copious amount of wood filler and adhesives. The hotel is fairly new (evidently only about a year old) but virtually all furniture was worn, scratched and smudged.

Room was not very clean - not so much that it would be unbearable, but floors were dirty enough that you wouldn't want to walk around barefoot.

Wifi did not work, so I went down to reception to inquire. Surly receptionist told me that "it works for her" so it must be my problem, also wait, try again, and she does not know. I decided to leave this till the morning.

Ok, time to go sleep. I try to set the air conditioner to comfortable temperature. Here is the fun surprise - the AC is of a type that never turns off the air flow. I.e. - it will cycle the compressor but the air will continue blowing no matter what. Room is not quite as large as photos would make it out to be. So, since AC outlet is right above the bed - even at a minimal setting you are sleeping in constant strong draft, which alternates between ice cold (when AC is "on" - good, I guess) and hot and humid (when AC is "off"). Admittedly, this was a first time I've seen a system that does not have an automatic shut off setting other than at older US motels with window style ACs (and I sure as hell avoid those).

In the morning, thinking this may be an individual room problem - I went to reception and asked for someone to take a look at AC. A tech. appeared - as he told us, it was his first day on the job. He was a pleasant enough fellow, unfortunately he spent about 2 hours shuttling up and down, and bringing his friend along - only to confirm that the warm and cold wind treatment is there to stay.

At the same time I went down to reception to inquire about the wifi. An even surlier receptionist called somewhere, but wifi never reappeared.

I also partook of the breakfast - which was fairly limited and not particularly appetizing (two types of cereal, fried rice, some sausage links, I believe).

At that point it became clear that this hotel will not work out - between not being able to sleep and not being able to access Internet, it was not looking like a happy stay.

I asked to check out, and after a chat with "reservations" surly receptionist informed me that they will have to charge for 2 nights, even though I stayed 1 night. Mind you, my reservation was made through hotels.com but it was not a "discount" rate, and a fully refundable one, presumably. That said, I was ready to get out and losing a one night payment seemed like the least of all evils.

To make sure I actually get a refund, I called Hotels.com (who were surprised that hotel would charge me for 2 nights even though I stayed only one). They offered to contact the hotel to verify that I am not staying, and issue a refund instantly. While I was on the phone, Hotels.com rep called back to Citrus Heights reception. It was almost comical to see his conversation with the receptionist, who by this time was outright rude. I am still being charged 2 nights pay for 1 night of not getting any sleep - but that's the way Citrus Heights operates.

Once this was settled, I grabbed my bags and ran as fast as I could :) I chalk it off to experience.

tl;dr; Unless your only other option is to sleep under the bridge, stay away from this place (and even then I'd think twice about it).

Room Tip: The so-called "mountain view" is actually a view of a busy road (and some mountains far aw...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank bork3000
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear bork3000,
We are so disappointed to know that you had such an unpleasant idea of our hotel. We offer our most sincere apologies if you felt you were treated badly by our staff in some way.
Please let me give some comments about your early check-out situation. Firstly, according to your booking, your check-in day was on 17th of November. But you checked in on 18th in early morning and checked out the same day afternoon. Since you booked the room for couple of days, we hold the room for you for 1 night. That’s why we charge for that night. Also according to your booking policy – for early check out we charge 1 night room rate. Please if you need any other details and explanations about your check-out situation – send me your email address (guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com), I will clarify all details about Hotel.com and our hotel’s cancellation policy.
Once again we are very sorry, that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.
With best regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels