“Grass-fed steaks”

Ranked #24 of 636 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Argentinian, Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: PHUKET'S FIRST SOUTH AMERICAN STEAKHOUSE Churrasco Phuket Steakhouse is located on 'Restaurant Row' in Phuket's landmark Jungceylon Mall in Patong. With its South American theme, the restaurant features a wide variety of fine imported Wagyu and Black Angus steaks, such as classic Tenderloin, Ribeye, Striploin, Flank & T-Bone, as well as Picanha, Maminha and Solomillo cuts - all at affordable prices. Our steaks are available in several sizes, some up to 500 gram each, and are slow char grilled. The menu also features several fiery grill items, such as pork chops, lamb rump steaks, mixed meat skewers, and a variety of home-made artisan sausages. Starters comprise of several soups - including a signature Gazpacho Andaluz - garlic prawns, nachos, beef carpaccio, and a variety of hearty salads. Our gourmet menu section offers several stews, classic chili con carne, lamb shank, and BBQ pork ribs. Seafood lovers can enjoy fried calamari squid, pan roasted salmon, and pepper encrusted tuna loin. There are pasta and vegetarian options as well. The drinks list includes a full choice of Argentinian, Chilenian, French and Italian wines, along with some of Phuket's best Latino Cocktails.
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I love steak and living close to Churrasco I ate here 5 times in a row.

The grass-fed Tenderloin with spinach and French fries is great if you're trying to eat some Paleo while traveling Asia.

Staff is very friendly and I enjoy the atmosphere.

The salmon was ok but lacked some spice, the lamb leg was good and a refreshing break from thai street food as well.

I'll definitely be back on my next stop in Phuket.

2  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Not sure why i rated it only 4. Maybe the locale although it was not that bad at all. Great steaks! Great service! Fair prices! Decent wine selection! I spent 7 months last year in Buenos Aires and the steaks at Churrasco come close. We chose a tenderloin, strip loin and ribeye - all cooked to perfection (medium rare). Sides were yummy. Only negative was that they substituted some sweet yoghurt for sour cream on the baked potato - which they embarrassingly and quickly admitted and substituted for quickly. Choose the spinach for sure.

We will soon return.

1  Thank swedenron
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had the tenderloin steak it was amazing, best steak I have had in a long time. The service was fantastic, special mention to Gabriel he was fantastic. Very reasonably priced for the great quality of food and wine. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Nicest steak I've ever had!! There was 4 of us there and we all enjoyed our meals! Defiantly would recommend it to anyone :)

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Seduced by the Churrasco title, I dropped in for a meal this evening. Situated at the end of the Jungceylon Restaurant strip the place is a bit soulless but I was welcomed warmly on arrival and had a great Caipirinha whilst searching the menu options. Not wanting to go the whole hog I passed on the staters and decided on the 350g Wagyu Picanha, side of fries and mushrooms. The meat is cut against the grain so if you expect it carved with the grain as in a South American Churrascaria you will be disappointed. However, I Chatted with a Spanish Guy, Gabrielle, who was very friendly and talked about the options on the menu. Understood my needs and delivered a very tasty, well seasoned fillet. I had asked for medium secure in the knowledge that I would get medium rare or rarer. This is a subjective issue around the world and I was pleased that I had judged it correctly as there was enough blood in my steak to keep it moist and succulent without feeling like Hannibal Lecter. I would expect rare to be delivered straight from the cow so be aware. Bit disappointed with the sides, chips were packet and mushrooms diced to oblivion (I like em whole with a bit of bite) apart from that, I really enjoyed the steak and the fruity bucket of wine served with it. If you like steak, give it a visit. I will definitely return when I feel the need to devour red meat.

3  Thank James C C