“Value for money”

Neeraja Guesthouse
Ranked #98 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
“Value for money”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great place to stay.rooms are big and comfy.would highly recommend.it cost me 800 bhat for two nights.I was expecting it to be a bit grim but couldn't fault it at all.the manager was a nice guy and made you feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank 1975steve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Khao Lak, Thailand
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Located in a quiet soi away from the noise and action so independant transport would be an advantage.
That said the rooms are superb new and pristine clean. Aircon is new quiet and superb.
This is the best value I have found after visiting Patong for almost 10years

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Steve J
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Neeraja for 5 nights during the peak season and after booking there for a low price (for peak season) we were amazed to find a great guesthouse with big clean rooms with a great hot shower and other perks!

The location is the only downside (about 20 minutes walk distance from the beach)

If you're not afraid of walking, this is a great place to stay in.

I highly recommend it! :)

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Greenmad
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed here for 1 night during transit from Thailand back to Australia. It ended up only costing me $17 AUD for the night.
A little bit out of the way from the tourist areas of Patong beach but quiet and you would be able to walk to patong in about 20 mins. I got a taxi as I was lazy...
Greeted by friendly staff, gave me some chilled water which was nice after a questionable mini bus trip.
I had requested a room on the ground floor via email in previous days and this was facilitated without issue. Good range of cable TV, clean rooms, lovely king sized bed.

Really good value for money. Definately recommend it :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jlo1989
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

i was expecting something that was falling apart for the price that i payed, but, instead we got a nice clean guesthouse, with big rooms with everything inside( wi-fi, tv, in room safe, fridge, cold new ac,hot water). the only thing bad i can say is that they don t have 24 hours reception and nobody during the night, actually this hotel is something like apartments to rent daily, but this was all that i needed, and the price was around 12 british pounds, what more u can want?
the guesthouse is about 2 km(1.3 miles) from bangla road in a quiet area and this can be a problem in phuket if u don t like to walk or u don t have something to drive around since the tuk-tuk is a rip off, we payed 300 baht(6 pounds) from bangla road to neeraja and as i said it was around 2 km.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
perth wa
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I been two time in this guesthouse between settember and christmas time. My first time i been ther about some advice from my friend my second time 'cause i find the nice hospitality, the other guestes very very friendly and think about my self I understand i will be able a nice christmas time. In fact I had a very good time never forget what happen in the christmas time 2011/2012 the bbq made in this place all other guys to much friendly like I know them forever, every day I see good beach, specially BANANA BEACH, the big BUDDA temple,very nice BAR and NIGHTCLUB under the raccomandations of staff, my specially recommendation if you go in patong absolutly you have go in the HOLLYWOOD NIGHTCLUB I had a good exsperience trustme!!!!!
What I can say about this guesthouse if you looking for the resort,swimming pool, gym or something like that it's not your place anyway here you can find the nice room every day the staff cleaning up, change the towel, the sheets never missing somethings in your mini-bar have a pay-tv and air condition free and nice poeple around you for me the best place for a good time iI hope so can go back ther very soon a big hug for all staff see youuu soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank renatoPerthWa
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Not only the hotel takes hours to find, but we were "welcomed" by a pretty (tired) young lady with a burning cigarette in the corner of her mouth. Without taking it out, she kind of mumbled a "we're full". Seen the room rate, we did not expect a valet parking, but…

When I showed her our online booking voucher, she looked at someone, seemingly a European manager, who told her to call Angelo (or so)...

Angelo came, tired looking too, questioning me about when did I book, "coz the hotel is definitely full..." I told him "today", re-question "what time?" Me, "I don't know, I was on the road, driving towards Phuket, some hours ago."
His answer was: "what, you booked and you don't know what time you did it?"

After several minutes on the phone with one of his employees, with my limited Italian speaking, I understood that they’ve got lost in the management of their availabilities on one of the online hotel booking systems.

At that point it was clear for me that it is no point in getting upset, our only solution was to have a cancellation proof form them and leave.

We did leave, without a cancellation proof (they did not know how to, Angelo asked me to call the booking website and cancel it myself), and without a word of excuse. We were not expecting any help from them for booking another hotel, and we were right not to. We did it on our own…

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valentin P
neerajahouse, General Manager at Neeraja Guesthouse, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
I'm the new Manager of Neeraja Guesthouse and I would like to answered at this review because i think what this customer wrote not to corrisponde at true for 100%. Is possible but we don't proved that this customer had realy a reservation, and in this story the costumer has forgot to write that he arrived in the hotel at 2:00 AM, than a lot of time after the Check-in time. I know Angelo, and, if you read the other reviews, you can understand that he was a good manager and this review is only a consequence to a bad moment for the customer.