All reviewsrooftop poolbangla roadthai standardsbangla rdrecommend this hotellow seasonquiet at nightnight marketstayed here for nightscleaners
Reviewed 3 July 2012

A cosy boutique hotel tucked away in Soi Sansabai, literally just minutes from Jung Ceylon shopping mall, the famous Bangla road and Patong beach, all within walking distance. The 'Sky Bar' and pool which is located on the rooftop is a great spot to chill out, kick back and take in the views.

Friendly staff members that make the effort to assist in any way they can. Clean rooms with all the necessary amenities. I couldn't have asked for more, because I was comfortable and happy, which contributed to the positives of my trip to Phuket. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cherrie_wong
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear cherrie_wong,
Thank you so much for your very nice review, Your comment about friendly staff members is always a winner when I have my meetings with staff and tell them what our Guest have said in their reviews of the hotel. The staff do try very hard to please our guests. The hotel's location is mentioned by many guests of how close to the famous Bangla road and the largest shopping mall in Patong but without the noise as you say we are neatly tucked away.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel after it was recommended to me by a friend and considering the price, I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the place throughout. I had a superior room which was a good size, modern, clean and light. Breakfast was included and I can highly recommend the full english. Staff were always extremely friendly, polite and helpful. Location wise, I don't think you can get much better than this, as it's close to everything, yet far enough away that you don't hear a thing from the strip. The feature that really tops off the hotel though is the roof top pool and bar, which is a really nice place to relax.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Johndoe4223,
Thanks for the Simply Fantastic review.Whilst we are certianly not the cheapest 3+ hotel I feel we do try extremely hard to give good vallue for money. You are a wise man to have included the breakfast in the booking rate as it works out at only 150 Baht. A tip for Guests if you did not include breakfast in your reservation please ask reception on arrival to pay the extra 150 Baht to include in the room rate as otherwise the full english breakfast is 250 Baht. One more point to note the includive breakfast is only available from 7am to 10.30am. but not to worry you can order the full breakfast at 250 Baht from the menu all day. Thanks again for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed here in march, Great place. It was recommended by a friend of mine who stays here alot..

Was wrapped very close to everything, This is the second trip I have ever had to Thailand. I was worried about walking back late at night. this hotel is so close to everything, and the people are so nice. I didn't have a worry at all.

Rooms are very clean, Love having a king size bed. and there's a pool on the roof. I was also happy not be stung for bringing a girl back to my room. I heard that happens alot in some hotels.

This place is very good, cheap, clean. I will be going back

Room Tip: i just got a standard room. I think they have suites there, I never saw one tho.. I didn't need it. my room had a king size bed cable tv fridge everything i needed..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Gary S,
So very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right word of mouth from friends is probably the best recomendation you can get. As your friend lives here in Patong Its great that you gave us such a lovely review. You are correct its be comming the norm for hotels to charge even full room rates for having a guest with you. You mention the Suite rooms so I better let those reading this that we only have two suite rooms the rest are either superior with large double bed or twin beds. But if you want to see if we have suite available just write an email to the gm. email address is shown on this TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here recently and for the money you wouldn't get better in Patong, especially for location, literally 5 minutes from everything. Great English brekkie every morning, and the roof top pool and bar is a great place to get away from the hustle and relax with a cold beer or cocktail. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Tip: If you want the best rate contact the owner Steve direct.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear David M,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review it is really appreciated. Your to contact me directly is well worth it as we often have promotions that may be available but yet not shown online. We try very hard to ensure that the hotel's website shows the best available rates. To those of you who read this reply, note that the can click on the email to the hotel on this review page. Thanks again David and hope to see you back soon. Do forget drop me a line.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I first stayed here in September 2011 then again in December 2012 and again for songkran 2012.

I love patong hemmingway. It's clean, the staff are friendly. The roof top pool is a great place to sit back and have a mojito in the afternoon.

I found the room to be very clean, and the food you can get delivered to the roof top bar is fantastic.

I have stayed in expencive hotels in patong for $300 a night and honestly I wouldn't find it much different to this. Except hemmingway didn't cost me an extra $10 a taxi ride back to it each night.

Very close to bangla road an easy 1 minute walk and your lookin down bangla road. Also very safe and quiet.

I'm sitting here trying to think of bad points.. And I can't think of anything. Haha

I guess for me it's spot on.

Well priced
Comfortable
Safe
Clean

I don't need anything else. Hopefully be back there in December

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Melbaus1
Postition, Price and everything you need, I must remember that tag line. Thanks for your lovely review. Hope that you will return to say with us again.