All reviews rooftop pool soi sansabai quiet at night minute walk to bangla road hotel is situated receptionist thailand
Reviewed 3 April 2013

A girlfriend and I decided to book this hotel after we had a bit of an issue at a condo that we had rented for 10 days just across the street. I've stayed in the area the year prior, so know that the location is fantastic, and had seen Hemingway's and always wondered what the hotel was like. The room was very clean, the staff were very sweet and helpful, and it was nice to go back to a quiet location to rest after being in hectic Patong. Right in the middle of it all, but off a side soi which made it quiet. Great rooftop pool and bar as well!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank vchemko
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Vchemko,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You may be pleased to note if you decide to return to Patong Beach, that next year our new hotel which is close to Patong Hemingway's should be opening.Please drop me a line if you are considering returning next year and I will let you have all the information about it. Super review thanks again.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a good hotel in a great location. We stayed 5 nights. We have stayed in the other Hemingways Hotel on a previous visit and know the owners of both places. The pool on the top floor is great with a superb view of Patong. The reception staff were excellent, however, the cleaners could be more attentive.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank filthy2507

Dear filthy2507,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked both our hotels. Did I mention that we are opening in new one some time in 2014 (sorry can't give any dates as this is Thailand) But we hope around March or even earlier. I have mentioned your concern about the room maid service need to pay more attention to the detials of room cleaning. As our owners Steve & Nuch are always telling me its the litle things that count. Which I think has worked seing our latest online reviews reviews and comments from our guests.
Victor.

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

It is a bit hit and miss with hotels in Asia sometimes.. not here. We are budget travellers but the budget is not too restrictive. Patong Hemingways was a nice surprise. Advertised as 3 star we were met by efficient front desk staff who appreciated that we had been travelling for hours. The room was very well presented and immaculately clean. Everything that you might expect in a 4 or 5 star place was at hand..including umbrellas. The mini bar was feaso able and the flat screen was connected to cable. Room service was
quick but stopped at about midnight. Breakfast was buffet style in
The restaurant on the ground floor.. excellent, full English and everything in between. The pool and bar on the roof is a nice touch. I met several other travellers in the bar, most of which were returnees to the hotel, this could be a sign that the hotel and its staff are consistent.
I come to this hotel after I was let down by another hotel. I am pleased that it all ended well. I recommend this hotel to readers, I
will certainly check this one out when I get back for Songkran. By the way, it was the Trip Advisor sign on the front door of the hotel that got me to writing these reviews. Keep up the good work TA.

Date of stay: March 2013

Dear Ashpan,
All I can say is wow! thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and kind review. Like you, I would love to be able to offer a 24 hours room service but its just not a viablale option for us if we to keep our Guests happy with a reasonable room rates. I note that some of our competitors are currently not even offering 24 hours reception in order to save costs that certianly will not happen with us. We are in the midst of building our new hotel which has enough rooms to support a 24 hour room service, So keep in touch and I will let you know when it is completed..

Reviewed 2 March 2013

stayed here end of feb 2013
things we liked about the hotel:

- staff
- luxurious
- clean
- pool
- poolside bar
- breakfast
- big bed
- bathroom was neat, with real hot water
- location was fantastic
- elevator, not climbing stars with suitcases!
- great restaurant
- free internet
- good view from windows

things we pretty much liked everything about the hotel, would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear erajasmine,
Thank you for your review and we would be very happy to have you stay with us again. Many Guests agree with you, having stayed in 3 star hotels without elevators. Its somthing you seem to forget about when looking at hotels website's. Also that the WiFi is free and available throughout the hotel and of course the free internet station which is located next to the Mango tree restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. The Wifi seems a big hit with our guests who love the roof top sun deck and bar.
Thanks for your lovely review.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here for 19 nights during Jan and Feb of 2013. I have been to Patong many times and wanted to try a new hotel and due to the reviews and price I chose to stay here. It has a great location and the food was fantastic. The hotel forgot to pick me up at the airport so after waiting for 45 minutes I finally got a taxi into patong. The rooms are average but my biggest complaint is the noise of people slamming doors. When you shut a door it does not close very easily so all morning I was being woke up by other customers slamming their bedroom doors. The staff is friendly and apologized for the inconviences that I had during my stay. Overall it is not a bad hotel and has decent value for the money.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Chance C
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Chance C,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay with the hotel.We note your distress regarding the failure of being met at the airport. Hopefully that will now be a thing of the past as the hotel now has its own brand new vehicle and driver for meet our guests at the airport. At this point may I ask other future guests who are reading this to confirm via email direct with the hotel not later than 24 hours prior to arrival. Then we will then be able to advise them the arrangements for meeting up at the airport with the driver. Again we appollogize for the disturbance caused to you by our other guests. I hope that you will stay with us again and allow us to give you a free upgrade to a quieter floor.