“Quality service, location and price !”

Patong Hemingway's Hotel
Ranked #166 of 319 Hotels in Patong
st clair nsw
“Quality service, location and price !”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is the second time i have stayed at Patong Hemingways Hotel. This is my 8th visit to Phuket and i would normally stay in different accommodation to make it feel like a different holiday. But after my stay last yr i was compelled to come back. I didnt think the staff and owner could better themselves from my previous stay, but they did. The location, style of room and price of the accommodation sells itself, but in my opinion, the main reason our stay is so memorable is how the staff will go to any lengths to make your stay a very personal one. The owners Steve and Nuch are the lovliest hosts you meet. They make you feel very welcome at any of their other businesses which include restaurants, ice bar and a few watering holes along Bangla Rd. I took a group with me that nearly took up an entire floor. Each and everyone of them will be staying at the hotel when they return and all said they would also recommend the hotel. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank adamntina
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Adamtina,
Thank you so much for your kind review. Both Steve & Nuch thank you for your custom and are very pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. We welcome your friends and trust that they too will enjoy thier stay with us. The staff have asked me to say that they enjoyed being of service and look forward to your return.
Victor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel in a perfect location. Central to all your needs if you need shopping to go and eat or go and drink.
The pool and bar on the roof is perfect for a quiet relaxing afternoon and the food avaliable is of a high standard.
The staff are great and take care of all your needs. I stay here everytime I am in Patong and would never want to change.

• Stayed May 2013
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Burgsbb,
Thanks so much for your review. We are pleased that you feel our hotel was excellent. Many guests agree with you about the location being very near to everything but away from the noise. The staff will enjoy your comments about them. Its always a great motivator to read our reviews at our meetings. I think they do try hard and its nice to pat them on the back when I get excellent reviews like yours.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Dee Why, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was really pleased with what we got for the price, we chose this hotel over a more expensive resort which was hosting a wedding we were attending. Fast wifi, clean room and it was really well located for us since we hadn't been to Patong before. We walked to Junceylon easily and also to the markets opposite the Muay Thai boxing stadium where we ate more authentic fare. Perfectly located for Bangla Rd partying, but once in your room you wouldn't know it is so close to the clubs as it is absolutely quiet. Pool on the roof is awesome. We were on the second floor but the hall didn't smell at all as some other reviewers have said. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelHemingways, Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Hi Lydia,
what can I say, Only thank you for your lovely review. We are now having special nights with a free BBQ on the roof top pool area. So next time you visit us please remember to ask we about them.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2013

A girlfriend and I decided to book this hotel after we had a bit of an issue at a condo that we had rented for 10 days just across the street. I've stayed in the area the year prior, so know that the location is fantastic, and had seen Hemingway's and always wondered what the hotel was like. The room was very clean, the staff were very sweet and helpful, and it was nice to go back to a quiet location to rest after being in hectic Patong. Right in the middle of it all, but off a side soi which made it quiet. Great rooftop pool and bar as well!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vchemko
Dear Vchemko,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You may be pleased to note if you decide to return to Patong Beach, that next year our new hotel which is close to Patong Hemingway's should be opening.Please drop me a line if you are considering returning next year and I will let you have all the information about it. Super review thanks again.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a good hotel in a great location. We stayed 5 nights. We have stayed in the other Hemingways Hotel on a previous visit and know the owners of both places. The pool on the top floor is great with a superb view of Patong. The reception staff were excellent, however, the cleaners could be more attentive.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip G
Dear filthy2507,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked both our hotels. Did I mention that we are opening in new one some time in 2014 (sorry can't give any dates as this is Thailand) But we hope around March or even earlier. I have mentioned your concern about the room maid service need to pay more attention to the detials of room cleaning. As our owners Steve & Nuch are always telling me its the litle things that count. Which I think has worked seing our latest online reviews reviews and comments from our guests.
Victor.
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

It is a bit hit and miss with hotels in Asia sometimes.. not here. We are budget travellers but the budget is not too restrictive. Patong Hemingways was a nice surprise. Advertised as 3 star we were met by efficient front desk staff who appreciated that we had been travelling for hours. The room was very well presented and immaculately clean. Everything that you might expect in a 4 or 5 star place was at hand..including umbrellas. The mini bar was feaso able and the flat screen was connected to cable. Room service was
quick but stopped at about midnight. Breakfast was buffet style in
The restaurant on the ground floor.. excellent, full English and everything in between. The pool and bar on the roof is a nice touch. I met several other travellers in the bar, most of which were returnees to the hotel, this could be a sign that the hotel and its staff are consistent.
I come to this hotel after I was let down by another hotel. I am pleased that it all ended well. I recommend this hotel to readers, I
will certainly check this one out when I get back for Songkran. By the way, it was the Trip Advisor sign on the front door of the hotel that got me to writing these reviews. Keep up the good work TA.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Ashpan,
All I can say is wow! thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and kind review. Like you, I would love to be able to offer a 24 hours room service but its just not a viablale option for us if we to keep our Guests happy with a reasonable room rates. I note that some of our competitors are currently not even offering 24 hours reception in order to save costs that certianly will not happen with us. We are in the midst of building our new hotel which has enough rooms to support a 24 hour room service, So keep in touch and I will let you know when it is completed..
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2013

stayed here end of feb 2013
things we liked about the hotel:

- staff
- luxurious
- clean
- pool
- poolside bar
- breakfast
- big bed
- bathroom was neat, with real hot water
- location was fantastic
- elevator, not climbing stars with suitcases!
- great restaurant
- free internet
- good view from windows

things we pretty much liked everything about the hotel, would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear erajasmine,
Thank you for your review and we would be very happy to have you stay with us again. Many Guests agree with you, having stayed in 3 star hotels without elevators. Its somthing you seem to forget about when looking at hotels website's. Also that the WiFi is free and available throughout the hotel and of course the free internet station which is located next to the Mango tree restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. The Wifi seems a big hit with our guests who love the roof top sun deck and bar.
Thanks for your lovely review.