“OK - location good”

Patong Hemingway's Hotel
Ranked #162 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Firstly, the location is good and near to shopping mall and bangla street. 8-10mins walk to Patong beach. Room is okay and bed was comfortable but there are some issues:

1. The room floor was dirty and feel like got dust. Informed the cleaner and helped to clean the floor and it is better. Maybe the room has not been used by anyone for a while.
2. The safety box cant be use because it has not been reset. Called reception and it was corrected and no issue aftee that. In the future, do consider to reset it before guest check into the room.
3. Lastly issue with the water heater. I read review here and got guest mention about this. It seem like the issue has not be solved. The water wasnt hot enough. We didnt informed the reception because at the end we feel is still bearable because of the weather. Night time shower is cold.

Overall, is a good hotel and I do hope things can be improved in the future especially the problem that I mention. Definitely will consider to return.

*staff are helpful :)

Room Tip: Due to construction do get a room not facing the opposite side of the construction work (hotel front...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewLee70
Victor H, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear AndrewLee70.
Thank you so much for your review. The first two points have been noted and we apologize as this should have never happened it is clear the room was not checked before your arrival. These points will be acted upon, thank you for your feed back it is much appreciated. However with point 3 regarding the water. We have carried out a full system check and are unable to locate this problem it would be very much appreciated if you could send and email directly to me at gm@patonghemingways.com with your room number. For other intending guests please do inform me or the hotel management of any problems with the room no matter how small we wish all our guests to enjoy their stay with us. Andrew thanks again and I do hope you will return to stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Patong Hemingway's Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I booked Patong Hemingways based on several glowing tripadvisor reviews.
The staff were lovely and accommodating, pool excellent and really great location.
However, be warned that there is very noisy construction across the road. Obviously not the hotels fault though!
We asked to move to a room at the back of the property and the noise was better however the room stank for our entire stay. I suspect it was mould. Avoid room 308.
I understand that you get what you've paid for but I'm sure there are better options close by.

• Stayed: July 2014
Victor H, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Rcicala
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. So sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the nearby construction which goes on from 9.30am to 5pm. I am pleased to advise you and any prospective guests that we have been informed this work should be completed by the 20th of July. Additional any of our guests at Patong Hemingway’s who are unhappy or inconvenienced by the noise will be offered an upgrade to our new hotel, Hemingway’s SILK hotel only 150meters away.

I am so sorry that the room you moved to away from the noise at the front of the hotel had a musty smell. I would ask guests if they are given a room which has a smell that they quickly inform the reception of the problem if the reception staff cannot assist then ask them to contact the hotel manager. The unfortunate smell was traced to a pigeon which had died in the drainage duck outside of your room 308.

We sincerely apologize for our failure the ensure the room to which you had been moved was not checked first by our staff to ensure the room met with the hotel’s required standard as is our normal procedure.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Recently stayed here whilst on holiday. The location, staff, food were all excellent.
The hotel is close to Patong nightlife is situated in a quiet location.
The roof top pool and bar provide a lovely area to relax, whilst enjoying the varied menu of international and local dishes.
Rooms are clean and spacious and cleaned every day.
Both Steve and Nuch the owners went out of there way to make our stay very relaxed and enjoyable.
I would recommend anyone to stay here during there time in Patong whether on business or holiday

Room Tip: Book in advance and contact the hotel directly
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Victor H, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear chrisjrUK,
Thank you so much for your delightful review. Our owners will be pleased to see that you mentioned them. The Owners do try very hard to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and they deserve recognition for this. Thanks for your comment on the roof top pool and bar,many of our guests comment on how nice it is to use the sundeck and take a dip in the pool. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The management of this small but friendly hotel make you feel welcome from the outset and go to great lengths to ensure that your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. I stayed in one of the suites and it was comfortable and clean with a well-stocked mini bar. The food on offer is very good, as is the excellent roof top pool and bar. I will be back!

Dear NigelP12_12,
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay at our hotel. The management and staff are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We loved our room, especially the size, the television, balcony (where we could also hang our clothes to dry), and the soft mattress. However, the only problem was shower and it's water pressure. We will come back to this hotel again if the bathroom facilities are improved.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Preyek

Dear Preyek,
Thank you for submitting a review of your stay at our hotel.We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out that your room had a problem with the shower and water pressure. We are aware of the problem and are looking to solve it. unfortunately it is not all rooms which have this problem nor is it a regular problem. Iin the past it has been a problem with the fawcett not opening sufficiently. We will certianly increase our maintaince checks on this problem. For information for future guests, Please Please inform us if you find any problem during your stay with us so we can solve it. The management and staff are only too happy to assist you and we look at this as a positive feed back.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in April. Great location just a minutes walk to the Patpong nightlife. Nice pool area on the roof. Room was nice in general but a few things wrong that should have been obvious to staff cleaning or inspecting the room. No I didnt complain as I couldn't be bothered to be honest but no other place I stayed at had these sort of minor defects. I booked 3 days at first and then an extra day. I was informed by reception that if I booked the cheap rate on Agoda instead of the dearer walk in rate that I would have to check out at 12 and then back in at 2pm. If I paid the walk in rate I could stay in the same room with no break. Ok, it wasn't a great deal of money but I resent being scammed like that. I have done exactly the same at many hotels in Thailand and this is the only one to do this. On the whole the negatives are only minor points and I would have no problem staying here again. But I will try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KTMRC8

Dear KTMRC8,
Thank you for your review, your comments regarding the cleaning and inspecting of your room are noted and action will be taken by management to ensure that this does not happen again. However I am deeply puzzled by our reception staff as no doubt you were. If any guests requests an extention (provided the hotel is not full} they do not have to check out of the room they are staying in. The check out is mearly a computer transaction to close your present bookng and open a new one in the same room for you.As for the rates again I cannot explain, as our walkin rates as the online rates are the same. We will have a look at the training our front office staff receive and hopefully solve this promblem. It may well be that the walk in rate seems more expensive as we quote it to inclusive service charge and government tax. However Online agents such as Agoda do not show the rates inclusive of service and tax. This is shown seperately when you make the reservation.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having recently stayed at the Patong Hemingway's I can honestly say that I was not disappointed with the choice. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool bar is just right for a little afternoon relaxation and the location is close enough to the bars to be able to stroll to but far enough away so as not to be disturbed by them. If you are looking for a good deal in a friendly hotel I would recommend Patong Hemmingway's.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Victor H, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Satwasteve,
A very nice review thank you so much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests comment on how ideal our location is and like you find that our staff are friendly and helpful. We hope you will stay with us again soon.