“Excellent hotel, needs improvement”

Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Ranked #8 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First I would like to stay would have given 4 rating to the hotel except for the inefficiency of bell desk staff which took 40min - 2phone calls + 3 personal visits to there desk to ensure luggage arrives from room to lobby at 8am (hardly a peak hour).

Checkin - We arrived at 12 noon, got room keys 25 min later as one of the room was still not ready, stayed in 2402/2403 interconnected rooms. Lobby is nice open and airy which i like as most hotels are damp, closed and aircon. Pool is very large and you can enjoy the drinks at the pool bar, chilled beer was nicee.
Room - excellent view of the pool, Rooms are pretty decent size , very clean, daily housekeeping, comfy beds, very clean washroom with both bathtub and shower, good towels, overall no issues at all.
Food - Did not try any meal in hotel so will not be able to rate, dozens of variety food option with in 5-7min walk.
Location - Beach - 5min walk, night street - 8min walk, all facilities with in walking distance overall very good.
Suggestion to management - please do try to give more training to staff on promptness and need of customer, you are doing pretty good can improve with small changes a lot.

Room Tip: All rooms face pool go for level 4 or higher for good air.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Docvini
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Docvini,
Thank you for taking time to wrote this very complete and constructive review about your stay. I am really sorry about the inconvenience encounter upon your departure and hope that you will keep the positives side of your experience (such as our room, swimming pool and the location) with us as souvenir. Rest assured that our Front Office Manager will follow up this important point very carefully.
As you know, we just opened last year and our team is eager to learn and improve so all comments are very valuable for us. Hope that you will give the opportunity to have you stay with us once more in order for you to see the difference that will be happening.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had stayed at this property for only one night earlier in the year. I decided to stay there agin with 3 friends from Sydney when we visited Patong last week. I had booked a pool access villa, upon check i discovered at there was construction going on in th spool area and that the pool water was very clouded and that the debris from pools work was being pushed into my corner pool villa. I could not access the pool through this dirt and muck so I asked them to move rooms. I was told that there were no other rooms available and I would be moved the next day. Then I noticed in my room that there was a large dirt stain on the bed spread and the pillow case seemed to have mold on it. I called for housekeeping and 5 attendants promptly changed my bed lined. All good but this room should of been checked for cleanliness before I checked in. After being moved to new pool room I accessed the pool for a swim the next day only to find out that when I returned to the room that my door to access the pool had been locked by house keeping and I could not access the room. My friends that were still by the pool asked a staff member to come and let me back in only to be told that it is their policy to lock the door if left open. Well maybe they should check to see if the occupant is still in the pool. I suggest that if you do access the pool to lock the front door with latch so hose keeping can not access the room and loc you out. I understand that it is for your own security but how stupid do they think I am that I would not keep an eye in my room from the pool.

1  Thank Craig M
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Craig M,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our housekeeping staff locked your balcony door of your private jacuzzi after cleaning your room.
As both our Executive Housekeeper and Guest Service Manager reported the duvet had been stained by your suitcase having been placed on the bed. It is well noted that our staff swiftly replaced the soiled linen.
We really hope to welcome you a third time and do not hesitate to contact us.

With the kindest regards

Herve Duprat

Our stay was excellent
Our rooms were very clean & very comfortable the staff were beyond belief so helpful always there for whatever they could do for us
The beautiful pool & the young men & women from the pool swim up bar Well what can I say they were more like fiends than staff especially Alexander what a pleasure to meet such a beautiful well mannered young man
Thank you all for such a great holiday. Nicholas , Michiel, Dan,jar.

Room Tip: 5212. Large balcony 5215 large balcony. These rooms are close to everything
2  Thank Marie K
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Marie K,
It was indeed a great pleasure to have you staying with us and glad to hear that you have more than enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to welcome our customers to our hotel like we were welcoming our family into our home and I am proud to see that you have this exact impression.
Let us know as soon as you have your next holiday in Phuket plan and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your booking arrangement.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

went to stay at this hotel last week for 3 days, The hotel itself was so lovely, staff, food, - huge swimming pool.. easy to go to city center , e.g Bangla road. great to explore nightlife, dine and hang out.
Love to be back can't wait

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank simon421
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear simon421,
Glad to hear that your stay with us went very well. You have mentioned 3 of our main attractions: The Pool, the location and the staffs.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Excellent service at front desk, we received warm welcome from Maria who gave us a detail briefing of the hotel facilities and had been very friendly thru our 5-day stay. Make up ladies and other staff worked well and were polite and nice to clients. Located at the front portion of Patong, 5 mins walk to beach. Grand look from outside, easy to be recognised.
Breakfast: food variety is about the same everyday and very average in terms of food quality, cooking, service and cleaniness.
Swimming pool: size is big enough, but doubt if the filter works well as we cant see thru the water to bottom in the swimming pool. Some insects found at the quiet side of the pool.
We were awaken by noises from a new guest arrival in the middle of night next room at the last night stay. I knew some tourists chosed late flight for a cheaper price. Pls remind clients to try to keep silent and be consderate when moving in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank yyy20132013

Dear yyy20132013,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a very constructive review about your recent stay. Glad to hear that you have appreciated the service of Maria (our Guest Relation Officer from Philippines) as well as the overall service from the Front Desk and our Housekeeper. As for the issues faced during your stay:
- Our Food & Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef are working on a new breakfast menu and set up. It should be implemented very shortly.
- We are on process to switch from Chlorine sanitization to Salt Water Chlorination and it has only affect the visual aspect of the water. It will be solved very shortly.
- We effectively have late arrival guest and it is hard to control every movement of our guest. However, if you are facing such problem, you may contact our Night Reception Team which will contact the guest directly and in a very positive manner.
Nevertheless, I believed that it hasn't affected your overall experience and I am sure that you will see the changes during your next visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Having just returned from another wonderful holiday in Phuket, I had to write this review. We usually stay at the Novotel Patong on the hill, but unable to handle the stairs this time we stayed at Vintage Park Novotel, what wonderful experience it was. The staff on arrival were very welcoming, check in was quick and we were settled in our rooms in no time. The rooms are a good size, and very very clean.The square restaurant was great, what ever you wanted to eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner, if it wasn't there they would get it for you. And what can I say about the staff, they were wonderful, being slightly incapacitated, they could not do enough fro me, wanting to help me all the time, I felt very spoilt. Micheal your staff in the Square are a credit to the your hotel, so polite. Last but not least Alex and his staff in the pool bar and restaurant, what a lovely young man, and his staff, they made us feel so special, we would go to the pool for a swim and their faces would light up when they seen us . Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, the rooms are of good size, clean, the staff are great, with smiles all round, and is walking distance to everything, Jung Ceylon, Bangla Road, and it's nightlife, what more would you want. Nicholas your hotel and staff are a credit to you, we are already starting to plan our holiday for next year, look foreward to seeing everyone , again

5  Thank brumarc
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear brumarc,
Thank you so much for your time and share your more than positive feedback about your stay with us. This is exactly why we (myself, Michael, Alex and all our employees) are working in the hotel industry. It is about welcoming people, meeting them, knowing them and at the end both of us has spent a good time together.
It is so rewarding to hear this that even though we like to received feedback on how to improve but we also loved to know when we have succeeded.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your booking arrangement.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Well what can I say, with a bar in the middle and the alcohol so cheap how can you not like this hotel, not to mention the food they served. The rooms are adequate, its whats expected, but the lovely staff from check in to the cleaners were fantastic, we have already organised our next trip to Thailand and guess where we will be staying, thats right by the bar in the pool at Novotel vintage.

Room Tip: try getting a pool access room its worth it after walking down the tin sheds.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear bennewton0,
I believed that there is no point to ask you what were your favorite facilities in our hotel. The title of your review tells us all. Thank you for this wonderful review and for taking time to remember us 4 months after your stay.
Our swimming pool is indeed our prime asset and we are all glad that you have enjoyed it. The compliment to our staffs will be pass on for sure.
Looking forward to welcome you back in your preferred resort (by the pool bar?).