“Great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at this location for 6 days. The hotel is in a great part of town close to the action but far enough away to be quiet. Spa was a clean friendly experience. Facilities and staff were adequate.

I was confused however that breakfast was included for the first 3 days but not the last 3 days. There may have been a reason why but it was not explained to me.

Overall a great experience, everything is up to standard except for the food. The food there is terrible.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew P
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for having taken the time to let us know of your experience at our Resort.

Your two separate reservations were for Room only so it appears that our staff put the wrong information in your folio as Room with Breakfast for the first 3 nights. Sorry for not having been able to explained properly.

Please accept our apologies for the quality of the food and I will review your Room Service order with our executive Chef.

We are delighted that you appreciated our location, facilities and friendly services

Awaiting to welcoming you again in the near future

Herve.duprat@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just stayed in Novotel Phuket Vintage Park for 5D4N a week ago. It was my honeymoon trip to there and I have no regret to choose this hotel for such happy and sweet trip.

All hotel staffs are nice, they provide excellent service with smile and helpful attitude. Room is tidy & comfortable and the swimming pool is excellent. Staying in this hotel made me feel relax and comfortable!

Besides, I was surprised to be invited to the pool side cocktail party which held in every Friday evening, They were not just providing me free drinks and snacks over there, but also their caring and warm welcome.

While the location and environment are the best among the hotels in Patong, just 10 minutes walk to the mall and Patong beach. (I personally don't like the hotel in busy street or next to the main road, it's too noisy with no relax feeling!)

I would definitely recommend this hotel for my friends who go there for holiday!

Thanks so much for the staffs in Novotel Phuket Vintage Park! Keep it up!! I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Choose room in higher level for better pool side view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe J
Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy that you had a great Honeymoon in our property and brought back with you good memories

It is indeed our goal to provide a warm genuine and caring welcome and I am glad you felt that way. It means a lot for us

Please do not hesitate to come back for your wedding Anniversary and do let us know as I would like to make sure you will be well taken care of, especially after such a kind review

Herve,duprat@accor.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just finished my holiday with family in Novotel Phuket Vintage Park hotel (26 to 30 Oct 2013) with stayed in pool access room. I found that I got the right choice to be there. The helpful check in and front desk service makes me very satisfied during the trip. My little son likes most the direct access swimming pool and he also made a pizza to me in the kids activity as my birthday gift! This hotel is just located in the central of the Patong beach area, within a walking distance to beach area, restaurants and Shopping mall. Definitely it will be my first choice if travel to Phuket Patong area again.

Room Tip: 21xx is the best location for the pool access room of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Kelvin,

Very happy to read that your son had so much fun and became an expert “Pizzaoilo” over-night…. Do let us know when he will be looking for a job, and we will surely consider his application…!!!

Thank you for your very nice review.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit

Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was stay 4 nights (02 October 2013 until 06 October 2013) in Novotel Phuket Vintage Park with my wife. We stay in the Deluxe with Pool Access room.
Check in process was quick, and the staff was very friendly.
The room facilities was good and swimming pool was big (also we have a direct access to pool with jacuzzi). Breakfast menu at The Square restaurant was good.
Jungceylon Mall only 5-10 minutes by walking on the heart of Patong busy area. You can find many things such as T-shirt, souvenirs, electronics, bags, etc. (but don't forget to bargain the price, because the seller will open with higher price).
One thing that not a good experience during our stay was only the weather (heavy rain every morning), but in overall it was a pleasant experience.
So, I recommend this hotel if you want to have a good sleep and go to enjoy a busy night in Patong just within minutes by walking.
Thanks for the great services Novotel, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Since I choose the deluxe with pool access room, it is recommended for travellers who want to go to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Ray,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you took our Upgrade offer and found it great Value for money.

Our Deluxe Pool Access are always a favorite with their own private Jacuzzi and direct access to the Pool

We also hope that the Honeymoon set up in your room was a nice surprise to both of you and contributed to your pleasant stay. Once again, congratulation and we wish you all the best and happiness forever.

With these good memories, we would be happy to welcome you back to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary, and do not hesitate to contact us directly

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed between 20-23/9/2013 and 26-27/9/2103..(Total 5D4N)
First day, it's really terrible to stay in room 3105. It had a letter to show us that finished pest control already. When we back to room again and again, it has cockroach come out in toilet and sleeping area. although cleaner checked it out, cockroach still had seen. So we really can't to acceptable. I requested to change the other room(immediately and moved out by ourselves). But still sleep in terrible the few days.

We check in again(26/9). The manageress told us have a cake for my hubby birthday when we checked out 23/9. So I asked staffs again and arrange before 5pm to our room. Until 5:45pm, haven't seen the cake. So I don't want to waste time and I need go out. They promise that arrange to our room directly. When we had finished dinner and back to Resort around 11pm. The cake still no show. I hadn't asked any more. Just felt totally disappoint for this worst services and cockroach hotel. We will not stay in here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank yanomimi
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Yanomimi,

Rest ensure that Guest satisfaction is paramount to us and all the staff members strive day after day to achieve this objectives, but it seems that we have not been able to deliver our best quality of service and we are sorry about that.

It is true that Islands or port cities, such as Phuket or Hong Kong for example, have a much harder task fighting pests due to their sea location and tropical climate. We do, however, take this issue very seriously and we undergo pest control weekly. Our Pool access rooms are located on the ground floor near some green areas, so we strongly ask our guests to close their balcony door as much as they possibly can. Our Housekeeping is also checking the rooms daily during cleaning. We have checked the room you stayed in and did not find anything. I am happy that we were able to swiftly give you another room.

Please accept our apologies for having missed to deliver your birthday cake. Our records show that there was no answer when we knocked at the door. For hygiene and the above explained reasons, we do not leave food in the room.

Dear Yanomimi, we usually enjoy good reviews, especially for our Pool access rooms, and your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

We hope you will give us another chance to show you our best and do not hesitate to contact us directly

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Nice hotel but they treat every Thai girl as a prostitute when she walks inn should u wish to bring a friend over that will cost u 1500 baht. That's a lot of money in Thailand. If she's of any other nationality/race, walks in and out as she pleases free of charge as no one stops them.

Apart from that nice hotel and location

Room Tip: All rooms ok
Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank A S
Dear AS,

Sorry that you misunderstood our visitor policy, but we only follow International hotel rules whereas all Guests resident in hotel rooms must be registered and proper identification collected and sent to the local authorities

Since only you registered during your check-in, we had, by law, to register your visitor, regardless of nationality/Race/Religion/Gender or any other specifics

Happy that you found our hotel nice and well located and we hope to welcome you again I the future

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel reception is massive and is really a bit of an oasis after driving through Phuket. Check in was swift with the checkin person showing us to our room and pointing out the facilities. Our room was clean and are in good condition, usual wear and tear for any hotel room. The pool in pretty much the center of the hotel with a lot of rooms having a balcony facing the pool. Recommend happy hour at the pool side between 4 and 6 every night. 2 cocktails would set you back 240 baht mocktail a were 140. As the hotel is only 10mins walk to the central shopping district, there is lots of choice for eating. Take into account that the shopping center doesn't open till 11am, but star bucks and coffee club are open at 8am for that early breakfast. I was tempted to try the Thai buffet for dinner. I showed up at 7:30pm, the offerings were poor in quantity and mostly dried out. The only saving grace was the made to order pad thai, which I could have gone done the street and paid a quarter of what I did for the buffet. I would recommend this hotel for any family or couple to stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Saishidan,

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location great and centered to fulfill all the needs and wants a couple is looking for on a well deserve vacation, from a smooth check-in to departure

Your comments about our Thai Buffet are well taken and I have asked my Executive Chef to have a look at our selection to ensure we only offer the best Thai Cuisine is renowned for and he will come back to me swiftly with a newly designed Thai Buffet Menu.

Hope you will visit us again and if so, do let us know.