“Excellent staff and location”

The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
Ranked #64 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent staff and location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently had a 6 night stay in the royal wing. Despite being a 5 min walk from banglar road and being on the 23rd floor it was still noisy at night. We requested a non-smoking room and were given a smoking room but the staff happily put us on a non-smoking floor at our request. We came back from a days trips to find that our room smelt of cigarette smoke and again the staff put us on another floor again and provided an air purifier for my boyfriend who has asthma which was above and beyond what they had to do. The facilities at the hotel are very good, the pools sparkling, they have great breakfasts and all the staff are great. The laundry service is expensive, so head across the road to PS laundry service, much cheaper and they do a good job.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very functional hotel located in the middle of the busy Patong, Phuket in Thailand. I mean functional because of the spared space and furniture of the rooms. The view of the rooms in the upper floors can be very nice if you get on of the rooms on the front side of the hotel. You can see almost the whole beach and bay of Patong. The area around paradise hotel is full of gay bars, massage parlours and drag queens cabaret show... If you walk a hundred meters then you get a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment, among them the very noise and busy area of Bangla road, that has transformed Patong in another sex city in the stile of pattaya, definitely. If you are looking for night entertainment this should be the hotel of your choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

A five night stay whilst Thailand is under martial law. But the curfew had been lifted in Phuket meaning one side of the hotel was subjected to intense disco music from the adjacent bar street until 2:00 a.m.

Hotel appeared to be not particularly busy. Guests seemed to me mainly Chinese, then Gulf; sub-Continent and Russian.

Quite dramatic architecture in the building, surrounded by somewhat tawdry bars, massage parlours travel agents and laundries. Pool area extensive and nicely designed and landscaped. Room rate excellent and to my surprise included breakfast. Room (requested on a high floor, non-smoking) was light and airy and being on a corner had two balconies and great views.

I had great difficulty booking through the hotel's website. In fact after six failed attempts on four different computers on two continents I gave up and telephoned my reservation, as they did not reply to an email either.

There were two notices in my room asking for towels to be replaced to be put in the bath. Three times I returned them to the rack but each time they were changed for fresh ones even though I didn't need them changed.

All over the hotel and entrances are signs saying it is ISO 9001 standard. But a copy of the certificate in the room shows it lapsed in September 2012. Other certificate copies give lapsed dates:
Public Health - November 2010
Halal Certificate - June 2010
Medical Sciences - August 2009
Hazard Analysis - August 2009

More worryingly, the certificates of Service and Maintenance actually displayed in all three elevators expired in December 2013.

I enjoyed my stay. Location near the sea, shops and restaurants is very convenient. I would like to stay there again, but would feel better if I knew the elevators were being serviced and maintained if I am on the 21st floor again!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the bar street. Unless you want to enjoy the music at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael A
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review on The Royal Paradise Hotel and Spa and I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel .

For your comment about the hotel certificate we already change the system and the certificate . About the lift maintenance we almost check every 3 month . The system of the booking in our website we check the system when you told us it fail for many time now we got it already .

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. If you would like any assistance please contract to me at admin@royalparadise.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Pros:
- Good Location. 5 mins walk to shopping mall, Patong Beach.
- Great food along the street outside the hotel.
- Friendly Staff
- Clean Room, Responsible Housekeeping
- Away from noise if you stay on a high floor
- Many Happy Hours "1-for-1 drinks" in the hotels.
- Wonderful sea and mountain view. Enjoyed the fireworks display at night, with some wine at the balcony.

Cons
- Majority of staff does not understand English. Needs to be patient.

Room Tip: HIgh Floor if you want quality sleep. Loud music from Pubs Nearby!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bruce_Mee
Good Afternoon ,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Royal Paradise Hotel and Spa . It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback .

I will share your comment with our team . Our property is very convenience with the beach , entertainment area , shopping area .

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you must visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. If you would like any assistance please contact to me at admin@royalparadise.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

First time staying in RP. Minutes walk to famous bangla road, beach, shoppings etc.A very convenient location in patong right in the middle of everything . Service was good and beautiful swimming pool.
A must to experience in Royal Paradise. Will be back again staying RP for sure

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 73rsvp
Good Morning ,

Thank you very much for your review on The Royal Paradise Hotel and Spa and I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I will share your comment with our team . I am sure that this feed back will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service .

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.. If you would like any assistance please contract to me at admin@royalparadise.com

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed on Royal Paradise during both of my visits in Phuket. I loved the first time I stayed here somewhere in Feb 2011 so much that I booked them again for my recent trip in 2014. It is very conveniently located just 5 mins away from Bangla Road and 10 mins from Patong Beach. Its one of the tallest building around this area and we always request them for the higher floor to get a perfect view of Patong area. The shop houses outside the hotel has loads of massage parlors, just right place to have a nice massage and go back to hotel after a long day out. I definitely loved to stay here and would not think twice before booking it for the next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TintinSS
Good Morning ,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us after you leave here. We were more than happy to beat your service and are proud to have enjoyed your time again . It's a joy to read what a fantastic time you had once again while here and we thank you for spotlighting our staff too . We have shared your comment with them .

Thank you again for choosing us once again as your home away from home.

And we are looking forward to see you on your next trip to Phuket . If you would like any assistance please contact to me at admin@royalparadise.com

Warmest Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Checkin was done within 15mins by pleasant front desk staff. We stayed in the Paradise wing this time. From the room on the 22nd, we could see the mountains on one side and the sea on the other. Room was of good size, clean and furnished in warm colours . We had good sleep on the comfy beds. Only thing was the air was a little loud when switched on.
Breakfast was a good decent spread of western and local.
Fror the price we paid, it was definitely a good choice. It was also walking distance to Jung Ceylon, around 1mins.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SingaporeJacy
Good Morning ,

I will share your comment with our team . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

About the air condition problem we 're looking and fix it already . Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. If you would like any assistance please contact to me at admin@royalparadise.com