“Hotel looks old but comfortable”

The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
Ranked #60 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed in royal wing superior room for 3 nights in Oct 2014. Room is facing the pool view and comes with bathtub too. As it was raining season for the month, we woke up early one morning and realise the front driveway of the hotel is flooded. When we were out in the streets, we saw that some of the areas will flood once there's rain and I believe its just their poor draining system.
Hotel location is good. It is walking distance to the mall and close to the famous number 6 restaurant. Its also closed to the massage parlors which opens till late.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hazelmomo03

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was so close to everything. I would definitely recommend this place if you planned to have a fun filled adventurous stay. We were hardly in the hotel as we had so many tours and activities booked. The room and bed was very clean, don't expect to have top service though. If your travelling with friends and want a clean hotel close to everything, then I recommend staying at Royal Paradise.

Room Tip: Stay in Pool facing rooms - much quiet then the other rooms due to the gay strip.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank s2Jens2
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived to a room that smelt like mouse faeces. When we asked if all the rooms smelt that bad the response was yes.. After having booked on line and already paying for the room we were stuck there for 3 nights. The room looked nothing like what had been advertised so we decided to go on the internet and look... No internet in the rooms unless you pay 100Baht for a password per day.. We rang to request a password which took 2 hours to arrive... Finally we were on the internet and it was so slow and kept dropping out that we gave up. This however wasn't the worst of our experience.. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. On our second day of being at the hotel, housekeeping cleaned the room while we were gone.. We went for a swim and when we returned to the room we noticed the robes were missing but didn't think much of it because obviously housekeeping had taken them when they cleaned the room.. The following day we were suffering from a hard night out in Bangla Rd and decided to not have the room made up, we ordered room service which was inedible. Finally the next day was time to check out.. When we tried to check out we were informed that the robes were missing, we explained what had happened and thought this was the end of it. We requested to leave our bags as our flight wasn't until later that night and went out for a few hours.. When we returned to collect our bags we were again questioned over the robes... They basically told us that we were lying and that we had the robes in our luggage and then demanded that we show them... At first we refused because of the principle of the matter..
Eventually we asked to go somewhere more private to empty our bags.. We were taken to the restaurant with 6 staff watching us empty out our bags... Of course the robes were not in our bags as we had already told them.. Without even an apology we were then told to leave.

Unless you want to be accused of being a liar, a thief, pay for food that is inedible and sleep in a smelly room with an uncomfortable bed then don't stay here

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Colleen S
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Absolutely disappointed from the service and the front desk staff! Bad service for the internet!
Construction in the lobby!
Poor English!
Rooms very outdated!pool ok!
Good location though!
Not happy with the stay there!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Adventurer7777
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was off to a good start on my first trip to Thailand when I was collected at Phuket airport by my hotel's car transport - highly recommended if you are visiting for the first time especially if you arrive at nighttime. The Royal Paradise Hotel is one of the more established hotels in Patong and the decision to stay in the Deluxe Royal Wing was a very good one. It is quite separate from the high rise main hotel but linked by a common roof which ensures they have the feel of belonging together. There was a problem for me in that this Wing was accessed via a steep set of stairs - no lift. A big plus was I had requested a room on the level right adjacent to the smaller children's pool (never saw anyone in there) adjoining the large main pool and overlooking it was extremely pleasant. Fortunately it was located far enough away from the noise and booming music that happened every night from local streets - a cacoon really. A quiet nook. I did however find in my room that the raised platform that held the beds to be difficult to negotiate because of my arthritis.

There were both steep steps up to my first floor accommodation (pool level) plus steps to get to the breakfast room, also no lift and a series of steps to reach it. So think seriously about staying in the Wing if you are not able to negotiate steps easily. Lift access to the high rise main hotel rooms of course.

However, the two pools right outside my room were set amongst tall fern covered palm trees that gave a refreshing green small oasis from the surrounds of Patong's many small shops, restaurants and buildings. There is nothing like overlooking a pool and the sound of running water in tropical surrounds plus waving greenery in the breeze. A very short walk alongside the pools gave easier access to the main hotel via a shorter run of steps that brought you into the lounge area.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts, included in my tariff, were generous and quite varied, offering both Asian and Western foods. The only problem, having severe arthritis, was that the breakfast room was located up several flights of stairs above the reception area with no lift access.

The hotel lobby is very large and spacious and has a large lounge and bar located off it. The breakfast area upstairs overlooks this area with a spectacular internal view. I found the lime daiquiri I had at the bar to be "tops" plus the little snack of peanuts with their fly away skins delightful. Couldn't find them to buy anywhere!

Being just a hop, step and a jump away from the main road and only a short walk to Jung Ceylon Shopping Mall (enormous) with a Coffee Club just outside the entrance walking along past all the small businesses was a pleasant surprise too. The location of the hotel is quite good.

It is a bit of a hike to walk to the beach although only a block and a half away as there is no direct road access but wending your way is well worth it to look at the beach and and wander along Bangla Road with the numerous restaurants and shops during daytime. Night time and life there is very different in contrast. The theme of tigers is quite apparent - I guess associated with kick boxing. It was the beginning of the wet season in June so not ideal beach weather. Churned up murky water and onshore winds. The long boats were cancelled because of the weather conditions. So no off to James Bond Island or Phi Phi islands for the day as I had planned.

There was a major power outage the morning I was checking out of the hotel and its surrounds which meant that the room was very dark. Fortunately I had a small torch in my hand luggage so I packed by this light. A tip - always take one of the A$2+ small torches in your luggage.

Positive: I liked the location of my room. I loved the swimming pools area which was nicely designed, my room overlooking the children's pool and the ferns and palms that adjoined and divided the pools. Also it was very quiet, away from the booming local music. I LOVED my daiquiri and the friendly staff. The breakfast were quite quite good. Loved the green juices. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Not so good were all the stairs and no lift access to my room and the breakfast area. No emergency generator kicked in when there was a major power failure early on the morning I was leaving. It was impossible to see without my torch to pack up. I was very worried I might have left something behind. The Breakfast room too was without power.

Just as well I wasn't needing the lift to check out!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Royal Wing located to the rear of the Hotel itself. Just make sure you are not in a room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hawaiijr
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed with family at the Royal Paradise in June 2014 in the superior wing.. Must say it was a very comfortable stay and a very memorable experience.. The best part was the location.. The hotel is situated in the most happening area of Patong and is stone's throw away from the beach, great restaurants, great shopping, and of course the famous Soi Bangla street.. The staff were very courteous and helpful and the food was excellent.. We would definitely love to come back soon!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ShyamaKP
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I travelled here alone for one night and was extremely impressed by the hotel as a whole. The staff were so friendly and polite and every member if staff I met went out of their way to try and help me.
I booked last minute so didn't expect a great room.....but WOW 22nd floor was amazing. I was on the next to highest available accommodation floor and the view of the area is amazing and i would challenge there to be a better view from a hotel room in Patong!
The room was big, clean with all the standard amenities and generally looked like a good standard chain hotel room.
The pool area and hotel facilities were of a great quality and i enjoyed relaxing by the pool for several hours on my second day.
The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice. It certainly wasnt the best hotel breakfast but it did the job!
The area was perfect for me directly in the centre of all the gay district and seconds away from all the bars and clubs i was to frequent. Now this is perfect for a traveller or group of like minded guys/girls like myself but not sure how great the area is for families.
The favourite thing about my stay here was the bar on the 24th floor! Wow. What a view. And there was no-one there! Im sure yhis is not always the case but i was so shocked. The highest bar in Patong with an amazing view of the sunset and it was empty! Make sure you plan to watch the sunset from here if you decide to stay. And order a happy hour cocktail too
Overall i had a very enjoyable stay for a cheap price thanks to Agoda and would recommend this hotel to families with older children, couples and anyone wanting to be right in the action of patongs gay scene but stay in a more luxurious hotel than the hostels.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo