“WOW - the only hotel to consider on Patong Beach Phuket !!”
Review of Amari Phuket

Amari Phuket
Ranked #2 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“WOW - the only hotel to consider on Patong Beach Phuket !!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

WOW WOW WOW

This hotel is simply amazing for location, right on the beach, and away from the hussle and bustle yet only a 10 mins stroll to the centre, or a 2 min tuc tuc (rikshaw) - with one alway waiting on standby outside the hotel.

My wife and i stayed here for 5 nights while on honeymoon coming brom bangkok.

The staff were great, forgot to give us the iron one time, and when going out we mentioned to reception, came back to a sorry card, flowers and chocolate!!!

already they had decorated the room for a honeymoon couple on arrival.

the rooms are simple, but you must try and get one on the last/nearest to the sea floor, i think its floor 1! - the views are breathtaking, just relaxing on the balcony itself is an experience.

must try their spa - WOW!!!

Must visit FANTASEA - the most amazing show you will ever see!!!!!!

the breakfast, and the different colours and surroundings throughout the hotel for amazing pics are endless.

Best choice, recommended by a friend who had visited here, and made me change from the oroginal choice of the evason - sooo glad we did - location and hotel was perfect!!!!

Phi phi islands/james bond island etc are obvioustly a MUST, we went for quad biking etc too.

Phuket is one of the most amazing places i have ever been.
YOU MUST CHOOSE THIS HOTEL!

momin

Room Tip: floor 1 i.e. the one closest to the sea!!! - balcony experience there is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MominRabbani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,115)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The property is beautiful with its own small private beach ( only good for mornings), The interiors are nice and stylish. The reception is very welcoming and we were given an upgrade upon request. The best rooms are in building no. 7 at the beach front. But if you want the true hustle bustle of Patong, Then this hotel is not for you coz each time you will need to take a tuk tuk to reach the beach as the walk to the hotel is verrrry looooong. Or else hire the scooters for your duration of stay as you can park them right outside your rooms which Was wonderful.

If u want peace, then you would be pleased with this property but if you want to party, then other options on patong and bangla are recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms starting with digit '7"
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gaganschadha
jvonslow44
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I, and my brother and sister in law stayed at the Amari for 7 nights in between city breaks in Hong Kong and Bangkok. We arrived early evening and were immediately offered a drink of juice and cold flannel to cool down. After check in our bags were taken to our rooms and were shown around our Deluxe rooms, next door to each other as requested. The rooms were spacious, clean and had large balconies overlooking the sea, in fact you could hear the waves lapping on the beach. The breakfast buffet was the most varied I have ever seen, fruit, cereals, th. e usual cooked items bacon, eggs etc to sushi, tikka masala very impressive. We had lunch by the pool a couple of times, the food was always delicious and worth the money, it may be more expensive than in the resort but it was worth it. We attended their Italian Buffet night and thorougly enjoyed it, the pasta and desserts were to die for!!! It was a bit of a trek to the lobby/bar but after eating all the wonderful food it is only a minor niggle and helped slightly to make us feel better about lazing by the pool during the day. The staff were all very helpful and could not do enough for you. I would defintely recommend this hotel and would return in an instant. Thank you for making our holiday so relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank jvonslow44
toronto, ontario
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We picked this hotel for the amazing location and were not disappointed! As the other travellers have mentioned you are on a secluded beach but only minutes from the action in Patong.
The rooms are immaculately clean, the washroom toiletries are fantastic, and the maid service was top notch.
The spa services were amazing - they even do a hillside massage in a private hut overloooking the bay - soooo relaxing!
Yes - there are a lot of stairs - but we knew this before booking and therefore had no problems with it.
Most nights we ate out in Patong however the dinner buffet at the hotel was excellent and fairly priced, same for the breakfast.
The pools were gorgeous - never had any issues with towels or reserving seats.
The beaches were nice however I did notice that they were not as clean (litter) as other properties that I have visited.So we stayed by the pool.
The long pier was great for fishing - caught a few fish and squid.
Overall - an amazing experience, great location, great amenities, and did I mention great location?! lol.
Tip: the drinks in the lobby/room fridge were a bit pricey - we walked down the street to the local grocery store and picked up drinks/beer/water for a fraction of the price and stored them in our room fridge.

Room Tip: superior room definitely worth the upgrade - the balcony is spacious and the views are amazing
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank justbeachin'
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights from 13th February and loved every moment. A world apart from the madness of nearby Patong but close enough to pay a visit to the hussle and bustle if that is what you want. We were in a deluxe room and our sons in a superior - both excellent with great views of the bay. Staff fantastic and food in restaurants great. Breakfast buffet offered everything you could possibly want. A great base to visit sights of the island and trips offered by the hotel were excellent and, we since discovered, good value if you want a quality day out/s. we would definitely visit again without hesitation although as a previous comment I saw, the sun lounger towel brigade certainly made getting 4 loungers together difficult at times but we always found some.

• Stayed February 2012
8 Thank Nick000017
London
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Having read the very positive reviews here of this hotel I decided to go ahead and book an 8 day stay in a deluxe room. I have to ask the question - did I really stay at the same lovely hotel as other reviewers?. My room on the 3rd floor of the deluxe wing was old, tired, the bathroom was prehistoric and in absolute desparate need of renovation. The toilet did not work when we arrived. The deluxe wing is also a very long walk from reception involving many stairs so will not be suitable for everyone - for me I essentially had to get down 4 levels, walk through the main restaurant, across the pool, get to the deluxe block walk back up 3 flights of stairs and walk all the way to the end of the block. There is no shuttle service from the deluxe wing to reception - which was disappointing. No tuk tuk driver would take you to the deluxe wing unless you paid an additional 100 bht. So if you didn't want to walk back from patong beach it was 300bht to get to your block at the Amari.

I know it was high season but we struggled each and every day to get a sun lounger. Every guest kept reserving them. The only way to guarantee a bed was to get up at 6.30am - take the covers off yourself and put down a towel! I hate doing that - I know it is rude. If all guests just used the beds when they actually wanted to sit by the pool then there would have been enough to go round. Many beds were reserved for several hours with no one sitting on them.

The food at the hotel is good - but not outstanding, especially for the prices charged. I expect to pay more at a hotel but I paid the equivalent of UKP15 for a starter of spring rolls and a greek salad!. The breakfast to me is pretty standard buffet fare with not much variety but it is good quality and plentiful. The egg station was excellent.

Overall, a very disappointing hotel. Everything about it was old, tired and in need of complete renovation. I saw one deluxe room had been going through a renovation but for me this would not be enough to induce me to go back. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are minute. Quite frankly this is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in Thailand and I have been visiting this country every year for the past 15 years.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank Shaboom
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed for three nights in a superior room and I was very satisfied with my stay.

The rooms and service are adequate, not extraordinary. The bathroom was a little dated, with the water temperature sometimes changing slightly without warning.

However all that aside, the best things about this resort are the balcony with the seaview, the breakfasts, and the facilities/views from all around the hotel.

Firstly, the balcony was a good size, furnished with comfortable cushioned couches and chairs, and a table. It was great to come back to the hotel and relax on the balcony with the amazing view of the beach and the sea, listening to the relaxing sound of the waves below.

The private beach at the front of the hotel was good. When the tide was out you could watch the crabs on the sand.

The breakfast was one of the best buffet breakfasts I've had in any hotel, and I've stayed in quite a few! There was an amazing selection of food from all around the world, and they even had exotic things like Scottish eggs, as well as the normal Asian and Western fare. The food was great, and the restaurant in which breakfast was served had beautiful sea views. We did not eat in the hotel restaurants apart from at breakfast.

The two pools looked absolutely gorgeous, and they also had sea views. I'm not normally one to lounge by the pool, but in this resort I would have gladly done that.

The bar was also great, you could sit in deck chairs drinking while looking at the sea view.

The hotel is spread out over a large area, but parking is available on the far end. Our room was located on the end furthest from the lobby, but it was not inconvenient for us as we rented a scooter and parked it in the car park outside our block. I can see it would be a problem to have to walk far to the lobby if you did not have a scooter.

A negative of this hotel was that free wi-fi was only available in the lobby, after having to get a password from the reception staff. The lobby itself was incredibly hot and stuffy, with no airconditioning, so it was not possible to spend a lot of time there on the internet.

Overall, I would say that the positives were so amazing that they outweighed the negatives, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Experimentee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
The Chava Resort
The Chava Resort
#1 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Amari Phuket? Share your experiences!