“Best Hotel in Phuket”
Review of Amari Phuket

Amari Phuket
Ranked #2 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I stayed at the Amari for 13 wonderful nights. After a long hot journey from the aiport to the hotel, I was met in reception with a smile and a cold flannel. I was immediately upgraded from a superior to a luxury room. On entrance to the room there was champagne and an exquisite spread of Thai delicacies waiting for me. Being met with this after a 14 hour journey from Heathrow airport, I knew this would be a memorable holiday.

My room was situated on the ground floor with a wonderful ocean view. There was a jetty on my left and literally my own private beach in front me. The bathroom was large with quality complementary toiletries. There was a free personal safe, tea & coffee facilities, bottled water, a minibar and plenty of wardobe space. The kingsize bed and pillows were very comfortable, I had no problems getting to sleep at night. The food was amazing. The breakfast buffet had food from the four corners of the globe and it catered for all palettes. I did not meet one person who did not have a good word to say about the catering offered in the morning. The Amari have several exceptional restaurants, although expensive it's definitely worth paying the few extra baht. The one that stood out for me was the La Gritta Restaurant - it served great Italian cuisine.

As you might of read from other contributors the Amari is situated on a secluded private beach on top of a hill away from the main tourist area. However, I saw the quiet location with its panoramic views over Patong Bay as a plus point. It got you away from the madness of Bangla Road which is only 10 minutes on foot or if you feeling particulary lazy you could always get a tuk-tuk; a number are always located just outside the hotel.

The Amari has 2 large outdoor swimming pools, a reasonable sized fitness room and 2 tennis courts. The hotel spa treatments are expensive but luxurious. Admittedly, you can obtain spa treatments a lot cheaper in Patong, but be warned you may get more than you bargained for.

The staff at the Amari are excellent. They have a good command of English and provide superb customer service. I could not fault any of the staff in that respect. If you demand luxury, tranquillity, good food and exemplary customer service whilst on holiday, I would certainly recomment the Amari. I am already planning my next visit.

Noel Graffie
graff-iti.blogspot.com

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (6,575)

Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed here last september and adored the place cannot understand what this man is talking about the b/fast is second to none the staff couldnt do enough,therese had insect bites and the breakfast waitress went and got her tiger balm another girl got me bait for fishing.I think simon you rubbed these people the wrong way,what the hell do you want in a room jasus i dont know boy you are giving this place a very poor image.The only problem I had was their prices not accomadation but food and drink you must have sampled either as you did not refer to them.typical Irish but we were the only ones drinking during the day save for happy hour and very few ate there despite the good food .I thihk the management should review their prices as they are loosing alot of income despite their 20% discount anyway simon we are going back in october if yuo passing drop in for a pint .your round of course

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Loved it .Simply one of the best hotels I have stayed in .Great location ,fantastic spa and the definately some top class Thai hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2010

My wife and I have just returned from ten wonderfull nights at this stunning hotel. The staff where very helpfull from the beginning to the end. The food was top notch with a great selection. Our room was always clean and tidy by the staff who made you feel so happy to be staying there. Would most definatly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

They welcomed us with a cool wet-cloth and lemongrass ice tea. Just what we needed, because the heat & humidity is unbelievable! I was tempted to check-in daily, just so I could have more of that. Ha ha ha!
My highlight of the entire trip was the warm, friendly, helpful service. The say "sawasdee ka" with a smile, and you can't help but smile back and relax.
On our first day, we decided to take a walk on the deserted part of the beach, and my boyfriend got cut by a broken bottle in the water. When we returned to the resort, the receptionist quickly got the first aid box and attended to my boyfriend. I really appreciated that.
The best part of the location of Amari, is that it's close enough to walk to the shops, restaurants, bars, etc., but far enough to get away from the hustle & bustle of it all, when you want to unwind and enjoy a quiet evening.
Thank you Amari staff for your hospitality. I'm not easy to please, but you all made excellence look so easy to achieve.
Ko pun ka. (Thai for "thank you")

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I was offered a stay at this hotel by Trailfinders and the great Trip Advisor reviews confirmed that it was a good choice. Don't be put off by the idea that it's miles away from Patong - after I took a tuk-tuk from the hotel doorstep (200 baht/£4 each way) I realised that it's only a short walk away. Other people have complained about the walk back up the hill to the hotel - believe me, for an averagely fit person, it's fine. You don't need to get tuk-tuks to and from the hotel unless you are going to the other side of Patong. Same goes for the complaints about the hotel steps - fine for an averagely fit person. I loved the fact that the hotel is built into a hillside - it's what makes it so good.
As a solo female traveller I wanted to make sure that I was staying somewhere lovely, safe and comfortable. Amari is so much more - a very beautiful location. I met people who were staying in Patong itself, having been put off by the TA comments about Amari's location. They were gutted when they visited me in my hotel and realised it was so much nicer and so easy to get to.
I'd been upgraded to an ocean-side room and it was glorious. Right next to the spa, and on the path to the jetty. I sunbathed on the jetty alone each morning - blissfully quiet and the walk there is fabulous as you're surrounded by butterflies all the way.
I ate in the hotel's Thai restaurant twice - lovely food, but depressing when you're alone and surrounded by so many couples. I'm really glad I plucked up the courage to venture into Patong. The two Irish bars - Molly Malone's and Scruffy Murphy's had good beer, music and friendly people. Thanks to Lonely Planet for those recommends.
Do book some tours through the hotel - I recommend the Phi Phi speedboat/snorkelling trip, the Siam Safari Elephant trekking (do the whole day, not half day) and the Phang Nga canoeing trip. I met great people on all of these and thought they were well organised and worth every baht. You get 20% off if you book via Trailfinders.
I would certainly think seriously about going back to Amari - it's a wonderful retreat that just so happens to be next to one of the most vibrant places in Thailand. Don't be put off by Thai travel snobs who wouldn't go near Patong. It's the nearest thing to Brighton or San Francisco that Thailand has to offer and that's fine in my book.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I went there on my honeymoon, when I expected the best out of my stay, and after reading good reviews on tripadvisor I was certain about Amari. The best thing I liked was rooms along the beach, the beautiful rooms and the service. I also got a cake and fruit basket as a complementary gift from amari. The reception was always helpful in guiding about routes. The hotel was about 3 eating places, but the morning breakfast is excellent and full of variety. Also, the views from the room was just amazing. I would strongly recommend this place as I had 0 problems and everything I needed from a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Burasari Resort
Burasari Resort
#8 of 337 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Amari Phuket? Share your experiences!