Pretty much from our first moments at this hotel our experience was unpleasant. To begin with the decor and furnishings of the room are old and far out-dated for the quality of resort you claim to be. The toilet in our room sometimes wouldn't flush and at other times would continue to flush for several minutes. Many times we came into the room with an odour of sewage coming from the drains.
We have had innumerable disappointments with the service from the staff. Our first evening we were treated very rudely by the staff operating the shuttle into town. They treat people boarding the shuttle like school children and lack respect. In the gym the two staff in there who were constantly looming during my workout and suggested that I not using a piece of equipment properly which, while not a typical way to use that piece of equipment was in no way harming or causing damage to it. The fees for using the tennis courts is not mentioned anywhere I can find on your website and is not in keeping, at least in our experience, with a 5 star resort.
Upon check in the staff suggested I contact them on our last day and request a late checkout since we have to leave at 13:00 for the airport, one hour after check out. Today when I made this request I was told it could not be accommodated. I have significant difficulties believing in a hotel this size, particularly on the shoulder season, it is not possible to allow a 1 hour late check out.
In addition to the above housekeeping was notoriously slow, we would often come back to our room in the late afternoon and find it still had not been made. Cleaning carts were constantly left in the hallway outside the rooms and one of the guest (I assume) left a plate and two wine glasses in the bushes which sat there untouched by housekeeping for almost our entire stay.
Since they can’t compete on luxury this hotel is trying to compete with discounted prices but this has led to a significant decrease in the quality of the guests and too many families. We were in an adjoining room with a couple who apparently had a child. We were awoken early every morning by them and constantly heard their child making noise given the poor quality of soundproofing between the rooms.
The resort is truly in a wonderful setting and has the potential to regain its 5 start status but at the moment it really is performing at the 3 star level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotelopia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Phuket/Patong