We spent 10 nights here at short notice in March 2014. We had originally planned to spend 14 nights in Krabi but decided after 4 nights that Krabi wasn't for us, so we reviewed our options and gave the Diamond Cliff Resort a call and booked ourselves in there for 10 nights, by doing so, we saved 1200 Bht a night from the best on line price, so well worth doing.
The Diamond Cliff is a fabulous place if you want a comfortable base at the quiet end of Patong Bay. They provide a free minibus every hour into The centre of Patong, but you do need to book up. The going rate for tuk tuks is 200 Baht one way, but it's a lovely walk along the sea front to the hotel so walk your meal off and save yourself a few quid.
We managed to get our favourite (1311) room overlooking the middle pool and the breakfast restaurant, they must have checked their records from our previous stays, which we feel is good service on their part, so kudos to them!
It's so relaxing to stay at the Diamond Cliff, and let's be honest, that's what we want from a holiday, isn't it?
The only thing I would comment is that there were occasions when there were towels laid out on the sunbeds and no one using them for hours on end, maybe the management need to look at this or it could be like the bad old days of racing down at the crack of sparrows and grabbing a sunbed, which would be a real shame.
Anyway, gripe over, the staff here are all lovely, from the receptionists, the pool boys and even our friendly shuttle driver , that drives you up to the higher rooms, remembered us from our previous visits, and they all have lovely smiles.
We were invited to a cocktail party at the lower pool which was great, chatting to the hotel chef and other staff there as we watched the sunset over the sea, complimentary nibbles and cocktails, a great evening.
It's about a 40 minute transfer from Phuket airport, which is about average for Patong Beach hotels.
The rooms come with complimentary slippers, you can keep, they also provide flip flops for use round the pools, hair dryer, free razors, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel also 2 half ltrs of water a day, kettle and coffee & tea.
The fridge comes with a fully stocked minibar and chocolates.
Good size tv. With 2 movie channels and 2 sports channels. Air con very good and quiet.
All in all, choose The Diamond Cliff and you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Pool Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Phuket/Patong