My boyfriend and I just came back from our Phuket trip yesterday, and I am missing the room and the pretty island already! The resort is situated on the north end of patong beach, about a 20minutes walk away from the buzzing Bangla street and Junceylon.
We had the ocean suit with jetted bath for 4 nights, and I have to say, the room is TO DIE FOR. What's there to complain about two separate showers, one with the jetted bath and one with a standing shower, and also a separate toilet? The whole bathroom area is like a huge walk-in waredrobe and I have to say, the space is SPACIOUS. We had an awesome ocean view from our room on the third level of the Grand Wing up the cliff, a sofa corner for us to munch our snacks in, and a pretty balcony for us to enjoy our pretty sunset.
Though our room is situated on the higher end of the resort, we have shuttle tuktuks fetching us to and fro the lobby and the grand wing. The frequency of the tuktuks is so good, we don't even have any complains about it.
We also went to the cliff side pool opposite the resort, (across a street with a security guard on guard everyday to direct the traffic. So it is really very save to cross the road), which had a really scenic view of the whole patong beach. I do recommend travelers to go to the cliff side pool for some sunset viewing. Romantic much?
Of all the positive comments, there was also a slight hiccup in the service, which really dampened our mood. My boyfriend and I did not purchase hotel breakfast buffet because we did not see the need to since there are so many other things to try in patong! However we wanted to try their breakfast for once on our last day so we filled in the hotel breakfast menu card to hang outside of our door knob. We assumed that if we hang the menu out the day before, breakfast would be served the next day. However we were wrong! When I called the guest service to clarify if our breakfast would be served, I was transfered three times to different people. They couldn't really understand what I meant. We called them further for another two times, with the same problem. we ended up giving up on the hotel breakfast, and went out to banana walk for brunch instead. Slight hiccup, but still, we enjoyed the stay fully.
Would definitely recommend couples to stay in diamon cliff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Pool Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Phuket/Patong