Firstly let me summarise why I absolutely love this place for the easy viewing of prospective visitors:
1) Great 5-star service
2) 3 swimming pools that are at distinct locations with different views
3) Amazing spread of breakfast buffet
4) Good wifi
5) Food / Cocktails @ resort restaurants / room-service is reasonable and tasty
6) Early check-in, late check-out
7) GORGEOUS ROOM
Alright, now for the more detailed review which will most probably follow the timeline of my trip:
We arrived at Diamond Cliff in the morning around 9am via the free airport pick-up, the staff welcomed us with their million-watt smiles and quickly helped us settle down with the check-in procedures. It was a really hot morning without any breeze, all of us were sweating profusely and a staff came over to serve us some welcome drinks. Chilled guava juice. Sounds simple but IT TASTED AMAZING and it was exactly what our burning bodies were craving for. I feel that it is worth mentioning that I was so in love with their guava juice I was drinking it throughout my stay at Diamond Cliff.
Back to check-in, it was only 9am yet the staff allowed us to check-in immediately (without us asking). The resort compound is humongous, they have a transport to drive you from anywhere in the resort to anywhere in the resort and THE DRIVER WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE. Not those standard customer service where they just smile at you but he remembers visitors, their details such as nationality and will engage in small chats.
We were brought to our room (Diamond Suite) by a staff who did not just showed us to the doorstep, but entered the room to introduce each and every corner of the room to us.
THE ROOM IS AMAZING. Sea and pool view from the balcony & the bathroom. I have to emphasise that BOTH THE SEA AND SWIMMING POOL ARE VISIBLE FROM THE BATHROOM WHICH HAS A JACUZZI BATHTUB. Shower room, bathtub and toilet are separated so there's no problem if someone is urgent while someone else is having a bath.
Gigantic (in my opinion) walk-in wardrobe, very comfortable dining area, good and strong air-condition; it's more than i've expected.
They have 3 swimming pools. A grand pool which is deep within the resort compound, an ocean view pool where the sea is viewable and the dept is 2.7m!!! (Perfect for tall people like me -I'm 174-) and a sea side pool that is located opposite the resort compound, directly at the beach. All of them are not small and the resort staff regularly cleans them.
They have free shuttle services to Phuket town and the other shopping areas, though the given timing, 4 hours was a little bit short for me (someone who likes to shop a lot).
Resort location wise, it is not exactly near to the standard Patong area where a lot of resorts and hotels are squeezed side-by-side like sardines in a can. Which is good for me, as the resort is quiet and you don't get random people walking around your front door like those located right at the Patong shopping area. However, it is walkable from Diamond Cliff to the Patong drinking street or the Jungceylon shopping mall. By tuk-tuk it's about 200THB but if you go via walking, it takes about 30 minutes and along the walk way there are a lot of stores and bars to enjoy.
I will definitely return back to Diamond Cliff the next time I head to Phuket!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Phuket/Patong