“Money well spent on very satisfying trip!”

Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa
Ranked #25 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Money well spent on very satisfying trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Firstly let me summarise why I absolutely love this place for the easy viewing of prospective visitors:

1) Great 5-star service
2) 3 swimming pools that are at distinct locations with different views
3) Amazing spread of breakfast buffet
4) Good wifi
5) Food / Cocktails @ resort restaurants / room-service is reasonable and tasty
6) Early check-in, late check-out
7) GORGEOUS ROOM

Alright, now for the more detailed review which will most probably follow the timeline of my trip:

We arrived at Diamond Cliff in the morning around 9am via the free airport pick-up, the staff welcomed us with their million-watt smiles and quickly helped us settle down with the check-in procedures. It was a really hot morning without any breeze, all of us were sweating profusely and a staff came over to serve us some welcome drinks. Chilled guava juice. Sounds simple but IT TASTED AMAZING and it was exactly what our burning bodies were craving for. I feel that it is worth mentioning that I was so in love with their guava juice I was drinking it throughout my stay at Diamond Cliff.
Back to check-in, it was only 9am yet the staff allowed us to check-in immediately (without us asking). The resort compound is humongous, they have a transport to drive you from anywhere in the resort to anywhere in the resort and THE DRIVER WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE. Not those standard customer service where they just smile at you but he remembers visitors, their details such as nationality and will engage in small chats.
We were brought to our room (Diamond Suite) by a staff who did not just showed us to the doorstep, but entered the room to introduce each and every corner of the room to us.
THE ROOM IS AMAZING. Sea and pool view from the balcony & the bathroom. I have to emphasise that BOTH THE SEA AND SWIMMING POOL ARE VISIBLE FROM THE BATHROOM WHICH HAS A JACUZZI BATHTUB. Shower room, bathtub and toilet are separated so there's no problem if someone is urgent while someone else is having a bath.
Gigantic (in my opinion) walk-in wardrobe, very comfortable dining area, good and strong air-condition; it's more than i've expected.
They have 3 swimming pools. A grand pool which is deep within the resort compound, an ocean view pool where the sea is viewable and the dept is 2.7m!!! (Perfect for tall people like me -I'm 174-) and a sea side pool that is located opposite the resort compound, directly at the beach. All of them are not small and the resort staff regularly cleans them.

They have free shuttle services to Phuket town and the other shopping areas, though the given timing, 4 hours was a little bit short for me (someone who likes to shop a lot).

Resort location wise, it is not exactly near to the standard Patong area where a lot of resorts and hotels are squeezed side-by-side like sardines in a can. Which is good for me, as the resort is quiet and you don't get random people walking around your front door like those located right at the Patong shopping area. However, it is walkable from Diamond Cliff to the Patong drinking street or the Jungceylon shopping mall. By tuk-tuk it's about 200THB but if you go via walking, it takes about 30 minutes and along the walk way there are a lot of stores and bars to enjoy.

I will definitely return back to Diamond Cliff the next time I head to Phuket!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank drmjohn93

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would consider Diamond Cliff one of the nicer resorts in the Patong/Kalim/Kathu area. I would say the quality is right up there with Kalima Resort and Spa and the IndoChine. It is located in North Patong, so you do need to walk about 0.75 mile to have beach access on Patong Beach, and not the rocky beach that Diamond Cliff is on. But that was fine by us, we appreciated that the hotel was a little bit away from the nightlife, yet close enough to go when we wanted to.

It is only about 10km from Kamala beach which is much nicer than Patong, and you can either take a taxi for 500 baht to Kamala, or rent mopeds for 200 baht for the entire day. The other direction is Patong center and Bangla road (head South) and that is 200 baht flat rate each way to get there. Transportation was never an issue at Diamond cliff as they either had a free shuttle you can schedule ahead of time to take into town, or if you are more of a wing it and go with the flow type like us, we didnt plan a shuttle and just took Tuk Tuks or taxis into Patong whenever we wanted (any time of day).... and sometimes we walked. So In terms of location I really did not have any issues, I thought it was great that the hotel was perched on the cliff so that we could see the entire beach span, which was very beautiful at sunset from the room.

As for the hotel itself, it met our expectations in many ways. There are three pools, all with their own flavor. One is located across the street on the rocky beach and is a little run down, but was an infiniti pool, and it had a restaurant connected. The main pool was the Ocean pool, and that is near the main restaurant where they serve breakfast, and it is near the Grand Wing where our room was so we spent most our pool time there. The other pool is the Diamond area and it was cool because it was tucked away up the hill in the back of the resort so it was more private. This pool was huge, and had a waterfall, lots of beautiful foliage, a basketball hoop, and some water slides. There are tons of sun loungers and lots of space to relax too.

This resort is great for groups, couples, and families, and I think it is hard to find a hotel in Phuket that offers something for all these types of travelers, and that is what I liked most about Diamond Cliff. I will say for Thailand, the price is on the high side, but the value is there. So if you dont mind spending about $100 USD per night on an ocean view suite then I would definitely pick this resort over the others.

Room tip - ask for an ocean view suite with a view. Get a high level floor, we had #1833 and our friends had #1835. My brother stayed in a basic room, and even that did not disappoint as he had a decent ocean view from his room too, and his room furnishings were more updated and nicer than ours. He was in room #1417.

The rooms themselves are very spacious, and have a sitting area, couch, hot tub, and large patio. If you are there with family or a group, this makes great sense so you can have some social time relaxing in your hotel room. The view was amazing too. The bathroom is very large and has a big shower, modern amenities, and even toiletries (which is not common for Thailand BTW). My only complaint is that the furnishings in the room are very outdated, but I did like that they were traditional and made you feel like you were in Thailand, so it really was not a big deal. Housekeeping was accomodating and did a great job cleaning, and our driver for the shuttle NIKOM was awesome. Nikom has worked for the resort I think like 13 years and he is a funny guy. Get to know him, and be pleasant to him, he is very accomodating in getting you to your rooms (even on the off schedule of the shuttle) if you ask politely so you don't have to walk up the big hill all the time.

The food was pretty good, we liked the breakfast because it had alot of Western and Eastern food options. The price for Thailand of their food and alcoholic drinks is very high. If you dont want to pay it, walk about 500 yards down the street (South) and you will have many restaurant options, and bars too.

Overall, the hotel was great and we are all very happy we stayed here. It offered everything we needed, and the staff were very friendly too.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view suite with a view. Get a high level floor, we had #1833 and our friends had #1...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jocelyn C
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The shuttle does come often so you don't need to wait long however the views are not so amazing because of the huge trees blocking everything. There is no beach that you can swim in opposite the hotel despite how it is perceived. Food was expensive and quite terrible. LIZARDS everywhere in the passages so if you have a phobia like me, do not recommend at all!!!! The only good part of this hotel is the service and that the rooms are clean. The spa room is nothing to brag about, rather go for the normal deluxe room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The ocean pool and the other one with the waterfall were nice. Breakfast was delicious and we had a couple of great lunches (pizzas and thai food) at the beach restaurant. Food at the main restaurant was so-so.
The Stuff was really nice and helpful. The Ocean Suite was really big and the bathtub with the view to ocean was great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lechlade on Thames
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went to this hotel 7 years ago, hopefully it's the same now, but just thought to add review while adding recent one!
Absolutely brilliant, rooms lovely and big, pools, lovely. People lovely, could not do enough for you. Food absolutely gorgeous, and so cheap then. When we came to pay the bill we thought it was incorrect, worked out then to about £300 for four of us for 10 days, with all meals and drinks. We had only booked room only. Trip into Phuket an experience and eye opener! The shopping mall was brand new then, really good, take an extra suitcase ladies for shoes and the cinema on top of the mall was great you could book a sofa to watch the film. All in all would love to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I enjoyed my every bit of stay in Diamond Cliff resort and Spa.
Clean n Gd environment
Spacious room with a very gd view.
The only thing I feel they can improve is the communicating in ENGLISH. The staff are quite helpful but their constraint is English language.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

There are 3 pool such as 2m depth pool, water slider pool, kids pool, etc, so many variety.
The kids play room is very big, many toys, very clean, my 3 years old twins are so happy.
Japanese staff are very kind, good service. Thai staff too.
This hotel build on cliff, so there are so many stairs and strong slope, a little bit tired.
The receptions lobby and each room are very far away, there is a mini bus in the hotel area, we have to ride this mini bus when we want to go lobby or outside, this mini bus is running 5-7 min. so sometimes we have to wait even we want to go urgently.
My room No. is 1835, there is free Wi-Fi in this hotel, but it is very weak, I cannot see the Facebook sometimes. But lobby or canteen are good Wi-Fi, so it depends on place.
we have to walk around 5 minite to visit the Patong beach, but there is strong slope between hotel and beach, my kids are very tired (actually I am tired because I carry them in my arms)
Breakfast is good, but I would say that 80% menu is same everyday, remained 20% is changed a little.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank teshecredelis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Burasari Resort
Burasari Resort
#10 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,990 reviews

Been to Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!