Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$65
US$121
US$118
Agoda.com
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$83
  • Breakfast included
US$130
US$82
Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$86
  • Pool
US$252
US$130
Agoda.com
The Charm Resort Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$77
Agoda.com
The Little Moon Residence(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$14
  • Bar/Lounge
1,271 results
All reviewsdiamond suitegrand wingocean suiteromantic suitewaterfall poolshuttle busguava juicepatong beachtuk tukdressing roomsteep hillacross the roadshuttle serviceour honeymoonbusy roadthe north endswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2009

couldn't find a single fault with the hotel.the place was imaculate and the staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you.nothing was too much trouble for them and they spoke perfect english.the hotel rooms are set at the top of a steep hill but there is a little shuttle buggy that will take you up and back down again and this makes for a fantastic view out to sea.the facilities were excellent,3 good sized swimming pools all serving excellent poolside food.also,try the italian restaraunt,we found the food top notch.the hotel itself is in a quiet littlecorner of patong but only a 15 minute steady walk to the lively bangla road with plenty of nice restaraunts and quieter bars on the way.cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ckirk7
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My family booked this hotel in London, England and got an amazing deal. Basically, they got a three week hotel stay for approximately $1200 USD. I tried to book from the USA and would have been fortunate to get that same price for a week’s stay at the same hotel.

Upon arrival I was speedily met at the front desk area. The hotel is secure and so they want to welcome each guest so they are able to determine your purpose for arriving at the hotel. Also, this welcome is somewhat of a family style greeting where you feel like you have known each member of staff for a very long time.

The rooms are so clean, and well taken care of. It was a pleasure to stay in these rooms. I must say that the bathroom is not very well vented and so there was a lot of mildew around the bathtub and walls. We stayed in room 1731 and our balcony was much smaller than other family members who were booked in rooms 1725 to 1737. Our room 1731 had a nice view but somewhat obstructed view of the ocean.

Note that the hotel is on a steep hill and does require free hotel transportation to get up and down the hill to your room and back to the front desk. I am a young fit person, but even in that heat I wasn't always ready to take on the steep climb.

The hotel provides a free bottle of water each morning, and new slippers for each guest which does come in very handy. If you did not book breakfast with you can pick up bread and supplies at the local supermarket. I dined once at the buffet and the food was very good, and there was lots of it!

In addition to free water bottles, and slippers, the hotel provides one free trip to its fruit shop. You can get approximately 3kg of fruit, which isn't a lot, but it's very good. The hotel has two great restaurants that sell American and Thai food. When I say American, I mean hot dogs, chicken and fries in a basket and so on.

The location of the hotel is fantastic!! The hotel is a very short walk to the tuk tuk stand, but make sure that you get the hotel guards to escort you across the busy road - it's a free service the hotel provides and it comes in handy. A tuk tuk will cost approximately 150 to 200 BHT to go to the local shopping district where you can explore at your heart’s content. There are many places to eat that vary from greasy spoon style, to gourmet restaurants. I hear that the food along the beach is great, but I'm a little picky when it comes to where I eat. The local food outside of the hotel is very cheap so please do not spend all of your money on the hotel restaurants.

There are many places to get manicures and pedicures at very low prices i.e. 200 BHT or less, but please be careful about the cleanliness of the places you visit as you want to make sure that the tools they use are sterlie, and I don't think thats typical. There was a great place about a 10 min walk on the left side of the street where the ladies where bright green shirts. This place was very busy and the ladies are very nice and respectful. My family went there many times for manicures and pedi's, but be warned, you might find a nail from the last guest on your seat, or in the water you are supposed to soak your feet in, so please be cautious. I recommend the hotel spa, or a local store that looks somewhat professional.

The only complaint I have about the hotel is that my sister was getting married at another hotel i.e. Dusit Thani and that hotel was very welcoming of us as family of the guest. On the other hand the Diamond Cliff does not allow any outside guests, which was a huge problem when my mother became ill and the hotel refused my sister access to see her. They later realized their mistake and allowed her access. Unfortunately, it took a word from the Dr to allow that, and she wasn't allow back in to check on our mother. Thankfully I arrived later that day.

The hotel does not have a business center. It took a good 10 minute conversation with the front desk to gather that information. Apparently they have free wireless in the reception area, but I did not investigate. They do allow you to use their printers as long as you have a laptop computer.

When leaving the hotel please note that their transportation is very expensive! Approximately 1400 BHT for four people plus luggage. If you can please talk to the locals about getting transport back to the airport. We paid just 700 BHT through a local hotel employee connection.

I would definately stay at the Diamond Cliff again. Check out my photos.

• Stayed: February 2009
6  Thank debstarlight
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Mant things to say about this hotel: first, it's a big one, with a huge lobby and a luxury feel to it. It is far away from the heart of Patong (Bangla, Jung Ceylon); you need to take a tuk-tuk and the drivers are merciless ('cause they know you're trapped): they charge 200 baht for the 5 minute drive. You could walk: it would take about 30 minutes in the heat, with the first 50 meters on a road with no sidewalk.
We had the Diamond Suite, with an ocean view. Beautiful room, wooden floors, spacious, nice bathtub (it's not a jacuzzi, no matter what they say); the washroom was as big as some other hotels i stayed in. The swimming pool in diamond suite building is fabulous, the best in Patong, with a slide and nice waterfall. Be aware though, if interconnecting doors: our room had one, and I heard our neighbours coming in late at night, talking, going to the washroom and flushing: needles to say, my sleep was greatly perturbed. I asked for a different room next day and they gave me one, but no compensation for the lost sleep.
The kids club is great (better than Novotel, which has a pathetic one; almost better than Holiday Inn, or a near equal, but Holiday Inn has more activities, and 2 kiddie pools): I have only praise for it, and the nice lady who runs it. It's right next to the pool, so I could swim and step back in to check on my baby.
The breakfast is great, but extremely overpriced, if not included in the price.
So, I say, choosing the diamond suite is great, if there are no interconnecting doors, breakfast is included, and you're willing to pay for the tuk-tuks (400 baht round trip; twice a day, 800).
Overall, even though i really liked being there, i could not help feeling overcharged. A hotel like this: well, maybe 150 dollars a night. Anything more, especially in Thailand, feels like being milked. Aside from the money and the location, though, in terms of visuals, and comfort, one of the best in Patong; certainly better than Impiana, Novotel, or La Flora.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Poprolly
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Stayed 12 nights at the Diamond Cliff and it was absolutely brilliant.
We had a Diamond Suite in the Grand Wing and the room was huge.
It is at the top of a very steep hill but the hotel provides a buggy to cart you up and down between 06:00 and midnight.
I have noticed some reviews stating that "the staff could not speak very good english" but I found their english was a lot better than my Thai.(which is non existent)
We had no problems with communication whatsoever and found all the staff extremely nice.
Swimming pools were all very nice with the swim up bar providing some welcome relief from the heat.
The hotel is in a quiet location at the end of Patong but not too far from the many bars and restaurants. About a 15 min walk or a short run in a Tuk Tuk to the centre.
We ate in some but not all the hotel restaurants and they were all good.
The Spa facilities are also great and a nice massage is very relaxing after a hard days walking and beer drinking.
A very good hotel all round and would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rangers9
Reviewed 22 February 2009

third visit to hotel,having stayed in Amari Coral Beach & Le Meridien previously.This time stayed room only as breakfast worked out at £22 for two and we could eat much cheaper nearby, approx. £4 for two.good size rooms,sensible size fridge with useful ice bucket filled daily.All staff very friendly &helpful. The hotel has three pools,we used middle pool & beach pool cleanliness of pool areas could be better & empty drink cans/glasses were left all day as were full ashtrays. Eating out still good value even allowing for weak £.Recommend Savoey Seafood & Patong Seafood on beach road Molly Malones & Scruffy Murphy,s for entertainment. Thailand still offers great value for money, compared to European resorts& much better service all round.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends