“Best resort at Patong beach”

Impiana Resort Patong Phuket
Ranked #20 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Taipei, Taiwan
“Best resort at Patong beach”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

First time stayed at Impiana after visiting Phuket for the 3rd year in a row. The staff is absolutely friendly and very helpful with any imaginable needs. Of course, such amazing location has its price, but we have been willing to pay for that and it was worth to pay for. The beach is just right in front of the hotel, the pool area is nice and clean, the whole hotel setting is lovely and reminds more of a private place than being a hotel as all buildings are just one floor high. The breakfast is surely one of the best ones you can get in Thailand, there is just everything one needs and lots of things which are unexpected to have, i. e. spicy chorizo salami etc.

Room service is fine, general room conditions of the rooms we stayed (pool view room, royal suite) has been good whereby the royal suite is amazing. Surely, there are things which can be better but where you won't find that? With the help of the hotel staff there is no wish which keeps not being being fulfilled and thats what counts for me on holiday, people who do their best to make it an unforgettable stay, and the whole Impiana team made our stay unforgettable. We will surely come back on our next trip, might be trying their private villas at Kata beach as well.

Room Tip: If you look for real luxury try the royal suite
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HeikoTaiwan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 5 times since 2007, each time the standards of the hotel have declined.

Firstly - location is fantastic, and the staff are all very nice. The pool area is lovely, although they need more chairs. By 730am all of them were "claimed" with towels/various personal effects on them - I can't work out how so many were claimed that early as I doubt that people get up so early and then return to sleep - breakfast doesnt get busy until 930/10am!

The biggest problem is standards of the rooms - they simply do not get enough maintenance. Bathrooms have little bits of mould, showers are leaking. The sliding doors in each room have small gaps between the door and the frame - allowing noise and heat in. The aircon in my second room didnt work well - took too long to cool down. Somebody came and looked at it but after 30 minutes of banging on the roof he left and it was only a little bit better.

Noise is a problem, some rooms are located too close the main street and with the aforementioned issue with the door seals it is impossible to get to sleep. I asked for another room and they moved me - however their was an interconnecting door in my new room, just the one door not two like most interconnecting rooms - and it was like sharing my room with the couple next door. I could hear their TV and see when their lights were on.

This hotel has the foundations to be a perfect setup - location, staff, view, pool are fantastic. However the rooms need a very good renovation and ongoing maintenance to bring them up to modern standards, they are in poor condition and unless their is an deep discounted special rate I wont be staying here again - much better hotels for same or less price now in Patong.

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HKTLad
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great location on the waterfront in Patong! Walking distance to Bangala Road.

The room presented well, however the room lights keep shorting and turning off and on all night, and the toilet barely flushed.

We got the pool room, which was to be expected, people where up early - earlier then us having a great time around the pool so it did get a little noisey. If we weren't so hung over it would have been fine.

Room service was great, breakfast buffett was great.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be kept up don't book a room near the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful setting and certainly has that luxurious feel. However, we have stayed in a hotel for half the price and feel the atmosphere was much better there and service equally as impressive. If you want to pay the extra for the beach setting by all means do as it is breath taking. The breakfast and restaurant is nothing out of this world. Bit disappointing that it has only one relatively small pool compared to Patong Merlin which has multiple.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Francesca M
ManagerImpianaPatong, Front Office Manager at Impiana Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Francesca M,

Thank you for the compliments on the setting of our resort. We are pleased to know that you are happy with the service and your stay here.

We have however noted on your comments. Rest assure, our rates have been set at a very competitive price considering the period of stay. Hence, during the peak season, our rates would tend to be higher increasing accordingly to the surrounding hotels. As such, during the low peak season, I believe, you would find that our pricing would also be very reasonable in comparison. We do hope that you will take the opportunity to visit us once again.

As for the pool, we do regret that you have found our pool to be small. We are a resort comprising of 68 units and we have built the pool based on the size of the resort which we understand is sufficient to cater for the number of guests we have. Nevertheless, our location, located right by the beach makes it one of the reason why it is always so convenient have an option to just hop in the pool or the beach.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We certainly look forward to your return once again.

Redmond
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I selected this hotel based on the positive reviews and I'm so glad I did. Originally I booked it for 3 nights and we loved the location so much that we cancelled our other hotel to stay here the rest of our trip. The hotel is right in the middle of all the shops, massages, restaurants and a 5 minute walk to Bangla Road where all the bars are. We never took a taxi or tuk tuk, we walked everywhere (and we're not the walking type). The hotel is right in front of the beach so you could just take a towel and go in the water. The hotel is small and there is only one pool but I didn't mind that because it gave that cozy vibe. We loved that there was a lot of vegetation outside the rooms so there was some privacy when you walked around. All the rooms are on the ground floor and the size of ours was ok, (we booked a Superior). It had everything we needed. The bathroom was also nice and it had a nice window where a lot of light went through. It has a shower/bathtub and eventhough I did read the reviews about being rotten and not clean, I never felt that it was that bad, maybe I am not that picky. I loved that we could control the lighting from a switch board right in the bed's headboard so we didnt need to stand up and turn stuff off. The only downside is that we could hear some of the noise from the next room and from the busy street but it wasn't bad enough to not be able to sleep, but I would recommend you to ask them for a room that is closer to the beach so this doesnt happen.
The service was exceptional, they remembered us when we came in and all of them were always trying to help. All of them spoke english which was great and they went above and beyond to help us. One of them even called our tour company (it wasnt from the hotel) from his cell phone and checked why they were being late which was nice of him. Also the tour packages they offered were reasonably priced (I compared them to other tours and the difference wasnt that much). A tip: you can negotiate the tour prices to go lower.
Breakfast was awesome! The 5 nights we were there, the thai food was always different and the international options were pretty good. I loved the egg station also.
The italian restaurant was very good and we went a couple of times, the service was awesome there too.
I also would like to mention that when we did the tours, when they dropped off other people to other hotels we kept confirming that our hotel was the best one in presentation, location and the fact that its right on the beach, most of the hotels in Patong Beach are at least one block away.
As other reviewers have said, if you want privacy and are planning on doing nothing/relaxing and enjoying the hotel during your stay, look at other beaches and resorts.
But if you want the combination of shopping, touring, going to the beach where it involves going out a lot, this is the place for you, you will save a lot in taxis/tuk tuks because you wont need them.
I would definitely recommend this to other people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach and far away from the main street because you can hear all the noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Selene I
Dear Selene C,

Many thanks for the positive and constructive comments. We are pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us and will continue to recommend others to our lovely resort.

We will indeed continue to strive in delivering the best for our guests. We look forward to your return hopefully, very soon.

Thank you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I must unfortunately agree with the late rather bad reviews I saw here. The hotel might be flashy when you arrive but what a deception after ! For the price we paid, I really expected something else. The rooms are rather small but ... it's ok. We do not spend our days in our room. Unfortunately, the bathroom was not clean. Everything was "rotten" all around which makes it look really dirty ! The shower did not work properly. There was no pressure and when using the "normal" shower, you always receive very cold drops from the above shower). There was also a towels hanger (don't know how to call it really) just at the entrance of the shower and I always hit my big head on it ! Who had the idea to put it there ?????
The beach looks like Rimini (one over the other) and the prices at the bar are just ridiculous ! One nice part was the breakfast. Good, well served even though it was VERY slow at the eggs station. Happy I was there off season !!!

Sorry, not a good experience. I will not recommend it to my friends !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarcTisserand
Dear Marc Tisserand,

Thank you for comments on your stay with us. We do apologise if your stay here was not up to standard as expected. We do regret that you have felt let down with the condition of our bathrooms. Rest assure, we have noted on your comments and taken the necessary measures to rectify the short comings.
We like to thank you also for the compliments to the breakfast.

We do hope that this has not marred your overall impression of the Impiana. We do look forward to your return should you next plan your visit to Phuket. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Australia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hmmm, I do not quite know where to begin. Unfortunately we made this booking before reviewing recent posts on tripadvisor due to the fact we have stayed at the Impiana Resort approximately three times, albeit a few years ago.
Okay, I booked this room through Agoda and received a good price, but there was a no-cancelation policy with this booking.
After reading all of the bad critiques regarding this property, I immediately sent them off an email requesting a clean room with comfortable beds...not to much to ask for. When we were shown to our room it was disgraceful, exactly how other reviewer's had described. The room was dirty, beds woeful and the bathroom was in need of serious repair, the floor in the shower was broken, and with a child would have been rather hazardous. The walls in the room were covered with dirt as described by the previous reviewer.
I then requested the Resort Manager come and inspect the room, he was away so the Guest Manager came instead. When I pointed out the situation and showed him the state of the room, he said he would be back in 10 minutes. He then asked me to see another room which was marginally better.
In his defence, he was very accommodating and a lovely gentleman who was doing his very best, so no complaints at all about the staff.
My second gripe is that pool towels are left in your room and not offered in the pool area. You are allocated only 1 per person, and should you wish to get a new one, you then must come all the way back to your room and call housekeeping.
When I phoned guest services this morning for 6 towels she only provided us with 3 and she would not budge on extra towels.
I am absolutely bewildered by this concept after having left the Holiday Inn in Patong which is a 4 star as well and it is definitely in a different class.
The Impiana has certainly lost it's gloss and unfortunately does not deserve the 4 star rating.
The location is superb, the food is fantastic, the staff very attentive however they have be indoctrinated into less is more concept obviously a cost cutting measure by current management.
This resort could be spectacular, it has all the makings of a great resort. The Impiana Group need to perhaps visit this property to actually see what damage is being done or has been done to this once fabulous resort. The Resort Manager needs to seriously be accountable for the demise of this property.
So, would I stay here again, probably not unless there was a major rejuvenation/renovation of this resort. But if you are after no-frills with a great location then this is the place to be.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bromax
ManagerImpianaPatong, Front Office Manager at Impiana Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Bromax,

Thank you for your constructive comments. Once again we do apologise for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay. While I understand that you were subjected to sub standard services at the initial of your stay, this was rectified during the course of your stay here with us.

We will continue to take the effort to ensure that our property maintains at the level that befits the standards of the Impiana Brand. Continues maintenance work are being done to rectify any necessary repair works. While we have done renovations to our rooms last year, we will continue to ensure that the resort is kept at the level best.

Once again, we do hope that incident has not marred your overall impression of the Impiana and we certainly do look forward to your return once again.