I can't believe that people have any issues with the Horizon Beach Resort. I think it is the best stay in Phuket. Unlike the Meridien and some other, more expensive cousins - the Horizon is a clean, respectable (some thought it was right posh) and friendly establishment ... and here is the cracker... right in the heart of it all.
Those other hotels are an annoying tuk-tuk or 30 minute walk to Patong Beach and Bangla Rd. Don't get me wrong - I love walking - especially on the beach, but when dark hits in Phuket - you don't want to think there is still a long trek back to your accommodation in 30 degree heat and 100% humidity.
Nestled in a beautiful garden setting (and boy do they work around the clock to keep it manicured) with two lovely pools (thank God they have the sense to make one adult-only), you can't walk 2 metres without having a smiling face saying hello or sawasdee!
Breakfast is stunning and changes daily - but always has the staples us westerners so like on holidays (if one can't eat copious amounts of bacon on holidays - th world has turned). I didn't once eat lunch or dinner at the hotel as you are surrounded with the BEST that Phuket has to offer - all within 5 minutes walk.
The cleaning staff were amazing - and we did notice we always ran out of paper (yes we have big [--], though I am sure it is more to do with Thai fruit!) so gently let them know - and after that we had enough to drain the Andaman Sea!
My only negative would be the 'side' entrance (which is really the front entrance) is located on a small Soi which means the mini-vans don't always get to it that well. I don't mind that - but walking past the 10 or so shops selling t-shirts, bags and of course the ever present Tailors- can be a daunting experience. They are quite aggressive for your trade - albeit in the friendliest way - but after a couple of days of no purchases (along the beach is far cheaper) it was "Okay, my children don't eat tonight" - which bothers me no end. - To save this you just use the 'front' entrance - which is really the side entrance (you all following this?...) which puts only an extra 30 seconds onto your walk - but has the added bonus of having no shops, a garden setting, a fountain to wash the dirt/sand off your feet and comes up by the crossing - which the guarded tourist police officer will let you walk past by stopping traffic for you.
I think it is an ideal place, and I will never again stay in another hotel in Phuket - only the Horizon for me! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just across the road from Phuket's finest west-coast beach, Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa offers two swimming pools with a baby pool, kid's club, fitness centre, internet and games room, massage corner, reading area, 24 hour room service, sports bar with pool table, coffee shop, Italian restaurant and restaurant serving Thai, continental and the best Indian food on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket