The Horizon Patong is THE place to stay if you want to be in the thick of things at Patong beach. Remembering it is only 3 star rated, it is excellent value for money if you want to use the hotel as your base and move around the local area.
We stayed in a family suite which is huge and has its own kitchenette (although I never did more than boil the jug for a cuppa). The bathroom is also quite roomy with a separate shower and another shower over the bath, handy if you are in a hurry, two can shower separately but at the same time! The rooms were always well maintained by the maid service and they bent over backwards to make sure everything was to our liking.
The pools are not huge but we nearly always found a deckchair to laze on. It appeared as though the entire hotel was populated by mostly Australians which helps if you are a little daunted by the whole Thai thing. Chatting to other Aussies was a great way to discover how much things should cost and we got some good recommendations as to places we should visit.
We were "unfortunate" enough to be unable to fly home on our intended day due to the protestors blocking Phuket airport and we found the hotel staff extremely helpful and accommodating. They held regular information sessions for those that were interested and kept us informed as to the situation. We were also offered discount accommodation for the extra period we were held over.
The location is amazing! We loved being able to walk out of either of the entrances and have everything right at our fingertips. All of the shopping centres, markets and restaurants, as well as Bangla road were only within 15 minutes walk away...we never had to use a tuk-tuk, it was foot work all the way.
Breakfast was fine, plenty to choose from. We never ate at the restaurant for lunch or dinner though, why would you when you can go 2 minutes up the road and purchase the same food at half the price.
Anyway, enough babbling, it was FANTASTIC and I will definately stay there again..........HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just across the road from Phuket's finest west-coast beach, Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa offers two swimming pools with a baby pool, kid's club, fitness centre, internet and games room, massage corner, reading area, 24 hour room service, sports bar with pool table, coffee shop, Italian restaurant and restaurant serving Thai, continental and the best Indian food on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket