Stayed at the Horizon Resort on Patong Beach from the 07/05/07 to the 15/05/07. Reception staff were VERY rude and told us on arrival that the resort was fully booked and that they would ship us off to another hotel at Karon. further, they made us feel very un-welcome.
We persisted and kicked up a bit of a stink and after about 30 minutes got the two rooms we had requested through our travel agent 6 months prior (though they had stated 30 min earlier that the resort was fully booked). Staff at reception were laughing at us as we tried to explain that we were tired and just wanted to get our rooms. They further laughed at us when i suggested that we get the police as i had it documented that we had two rooms for 10 nights at the Horizon on Patong Beach.
The whole thing felt like a huge scam to get people to stay in their sister hotel at Kuron. We actually saw them play this scam on other hotel guests during our stay. I still feel the only reason we got our rooms after being told that they were fully booked was because we cracked a 'stink'. In other words, be prepared to stand your ground with this resort as they will try a few scams on you.
The resort itself was basic and though a great location for probabely the cheapest prices in Patong its just not worth it. The resort caters more for young working class families who don't have much to spend on holidays as the pools were always filled with young kids throwing balls or rough neck parents who are quite happy for their children to splash and dive onto other patrons in the pool. Further, the pools are rather small compared to other hotel pools too. Single people, couples and the aged would be better to spend a bit more money and go to Holiday Inn or the Merlin in Patong.
Further, my AC leaked and was noisy and the rooms often don't get cleaned until the end of the day/evening which can create a problem if you wanted a fresh towel to shower before you wanted to go out at night.
In conclusion, i will never stay at the Horizon again and would not recommend it to anyone unless you want a dirt cheap holiday and want to recieve dirt cheap service. Also be prepared that your room you booked will not be avalble or that you get a crapper room than what you intially booked.
This resort is a scam and the reception staff were the worst i have ever encountered in any of my experience with customer service while travelling.
My advice - go for anyother hotel or resort than horizon - Yer its cheap but there is a reason for it being cheap !!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just across the road from Phuket's finest west-coast beach, Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa offers two swimming pools with a baby pool, kid's club, fitness centre, internet and games room, massage corner, reading area, 24 hour room service, sports bar with pool table, coffee shop, Italian restaurant and restaurant serving Thai, continental and the best Indian food on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket